Weight loss and dress size changes

Options
13»

Replies

• CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    well, I was a size 16/18(US) when I was 209 lbs(Im 5'6 1/2).when I lost 17 lbs I went down to a 14,then I lost another 16lbs and went down to a size 12. Im currently 183(gained half of the above lost back and then lose almost half-confusing).

Im still a 12 at 183.some 12s fit some dont. It all depends on who makes the jeans and how they are made. I have wide hips and a decent size butt so its hard to find clothing that fits properly.but yeah even some 14s are too tight because the waist is made small. my waist is about 32 inches right now.not sure what I wear in a dress and I dont wear them except for special occasions and havent had to buy one yet since I lost the weight.

I can wear some small shirts(dont have a huge chest),but most are mediums. I wish manufacturers of clothing would make clothing like they used to. your size was your size and you didnt have to go one up or one down to find stuff to fit,its ridiculous.
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I think it's kind of funny people are skipping 14! I'm in the same boat. Started at 245 and was routinely buying size 16's - and Ricki's size 16's, so they were,.. quite... generous. Now I can't pass them off even with a belt, but my 14's are big/baggy...
    -
    To sum it up...
    @ 245lbs 16s were loose but comfy
    @ around 220 the size 16s became unwearable, 14's I had were fitting ok
    @ around 210 went out and bought some 14's in jeans
    now hovering around 200 and my size 14's are getting loose. My XL ski pants are practically falling off like crazy, so I'll need new ones for snowboarding this year! I can now fit an XL burton jacket that was impossible back when I started.

It definitely has more to do with recomp than lbs I think - In that time I went from a 38" waist to around 33.5" and 48" hips to 43". I've been mostly just lifting, cardio a couple days a week, and some yoga.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    There also aren't any stores that carry petite plus sizes except Reitmans, and their stuff is so fugly that my fear of being forced to wear it was enough motivation for me to kick my weight loss into high gear.

LMAO! I've had the same thought about their stuff -- and I'm middle-aged, which would seem to be their target demographic.

Incidentally, their tall sizes are no more appealing.
  • JagerLewis
    JagerLewis Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    MRS189 wrote: »
    I was just wondering how much weight everyone lost when they noticed a change in their dress size? I am 5'3 and had a SW of 189, I know that losing just over 5 pounds is a fantastic start in 2 weeks, it's just that I am hoping that I can get down to a size 16 (down 1 size) before my husbands Xmas dinner in 26 days.
    I'm 5'3" as well, and for me about every 10 pounds was a size down. I started at 181, now 119 wearing a size 2. :)

• numinousnymph
    numinousnymph Posts: 249 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've lost 48 lbs and have gone down about 8 dress sizes. So, for me, that averages 6 lbs/dress size.
  • lohkin
    lohkin Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    ... their stuff is so fugly that my fear of being forced to wear it was enough motivation for me to kick my weight loss into high gear.

NAILED IT. :#
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5", 144lbs, and an average size 10. Obviously depends on how the brand is cut, can fit into 8s and 12s, just depends. I started at a size 18/20.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    CrabNebula wrote: »
    I'm 5'5", 144lbs, and an average size 10. Obviously depends on how the brand is cut, can fit into 8s and 12s, just depends. I started at a size 18/20.

Interesting. I'm an inch shorter and at 144 my dress size was 4 and 6. Jeans were probably 28's (waist size). I've learned really not to compare dress size with weight. We are all so different.

Are those UK sizes?
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Interesting. I'm an inch shorter and at 144 my dress size was 4 and 6. Jeans were probably 28's (waist size). I've learned really not to compare dress size with weight. We are all so different.

Are those UK sizes?

No, US. I have some skin issues from being obese pretty much my entire life I am going to need surgery for in about 10 more pounds.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Are those UK sizes?

No, US. I have some skin issues from being obese pretty much my entire life I am going to need surgery for in about 10 more pounds.

Wow! Almost to goal? Congrats. Have you made a definite decision on your surgery? Wish you luck.