if your body goes into starvation mode, how long does it take to get out of it?

Options
124»

Replies

• lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    Would the person who keeps disagreeing step up and identify themselves then highlight what they disagree with?

For full disclosure, I have zero expectation they will. That would be a mature and logical approach that would also require them to rationalize and justify their repeated clicking of a button.

The whole point of the disagree button was so that people could indicate they disagreed with a post without having to have multiple posts explaining why they disagree. Do you really need justification of why people disagree that eating too little will cause the body to store the energy that it doesn't have?

Looking at how many disagreements are to posts saying that starvation mode doesn't exist ... yeah. Notice how the only people that step up are the logical ones that grasp that "starvation mode" is a fallacy?

The ones disagreeing to posts saying "Eating too little is not going to keep you from losing weight" (yep, someone disagreed to that) ... "there is no starvation mode" (also disagreed with) ... "The mode where you undereat for so long that it "crashes" your metabolism and transforms everything you eat into fat (not just weight)? If you ever reach that point you should volunteer your body to science." (again, someone found issue with that) ... and all without a shred of reasoning as to why.

Most of those posts are from 2014. The disagree button didn’t even exist then. And then it was a nebulous “woo” button for a few years.

It’s unlikely that the person who disagreed with something at some point in the last 6 years will be here to answer your questions.

The person with the current issue could maybe have started their own topic rather than resurrecting this particular 6 year old thread instead. But that’s not against the rules so no harm. Just muddies the waters a lot.

Every quote I provided was in THIS THREAD. Try again with fact and logic ... or claim starvation mode made you do it.

If you look at the bottom left hand corner of the posts, you will see the date that the response was posted. The vast majority of the posts in this thread are from 2014. The disagrees that you are referring to are probably converted over from the 'WOO' button that was active during that timeframe - except for the disagree that I did against the post that resurrected the thread today.

I started here in 2014, and there wasn't a woo button yet either. Don't know if it was something else or perhaps the person who reinstated this one checked a bunch or random other readers over time did.

Curious! ;-)

Remains true that whoever did it probably is not reading now and likely is no longer on MFP.