Success is anything but a straight line.

Replies

• beldona1
    beldona1 Posts: 17 Member
    Thanks for sharing your story, one I know all to well. It gives me hope that I too can succeed even with my ups and downs, my falling in and out of motivation and just plain old habits.
  • erichegwer
    erichegwer Posts: 34 Member
    Dude, you are me. Same issues, same weight, and I'm only 2 weeks into the journey. Thanks for the honesty and candor. Friend request sent.
  • Mojangly
    Mojangly Posts: 4 Member
    Good work man!
  • rgagnon1
    rgagnon1 Posts: 59 Member
    Love this. So true. Great reminder to stick with it
  • Serendipity5215
    Serendipity5215 Posts: 190 Member
    You look so much happier and healthier!! Congrats on your successes and thanks for the reminder to never give up :)
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Thank you for sharing... keep on keeping on!!!
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Fantastic!!! Thank you so much for sharing! This really resonated with me as I was a weight loss machine 2 years ago. Dropped 30+ lbs in a few months, and I've NEVER been able to lose! I paid less and less attention, thinking I had "made it," and here I am 20 lbs up. You are my inspiration today!
  • tonyamt2
    tonyamt2 Posts: 16 Member
    This is the post I needed to see today! You're so inspiring. Great work!
  • robster160
    robster160 Posts: 147 Member
    Way to go! You're on an awesome path :smiley:
  • EpicMedic
    EpicMedic Posts: 24 Member
    A big THANK YOU to everyone! You guys are great, and the amount of support here is just incredible. KCCO!
  • leehenryfox
    leehenryfox Posts: 55 Member
    Thank you for sharing - I've wobbled from 227lbs down to 175lbs and am now on the upswing again to 205, damn it, so we need all the inspiration we can get! :smile:
  • suzy0317
    suzy0317 Posts: 67 Member
    Awesome job and Thank You for bringing my journey back into perspective...
  • bootcamp85
    bootcamp85 Posts: 64 Member
    WTG!!!! You look so handsome!!!!!!!!!
  • Nataliegetfit
    Nataliegetfit Posts: 395 Member
    Your before and after pics are amazing. What a huge difference. You look wonderful and I'm sure you feel much better about yourself now. So glad you have a supporting wife who knows you so well and knew something was bothering you. You deserve to be the best you that you can be. congratulations and keep up the good work.
  • ACJP2014
    ACJP2014 Posts: 53 Member
    You only fail when you fail to get back up, and you sir have certainly not done that. Each time you have stopped (or even reversed) you have started again. That is not a failure that is a success.

When I find myself off the band wagon of whatever I'm working towards I just say to myself that I have a choice to make. I work towards my goals even when I don't feel like them for instance one time I got out of the habit of running and once I realized (but still didn't have the energy required for the effort of running -nothing physical all mental), I made myself get dressed into my running gear and go for a walk. It was boring and slow, but once I completed it I felt better and wish that I had ran it instead. The next day I started running again.
  • CariJean64
    CariJean64 Posts: 297 Member
    Impressive story, and EXACTLY what pretty much all of us need to hear. Have you considered blogging? I'd love to read more about your journey.
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Nice job!
  • Local_Atlantis
    Local_Atlantis Posts: 262 Member
    I bookmarked this thread, because I knew I'd need it again! So glad I did.
    After an indulgent weekend away, my motivation has well and truly gone. But after a good chat with myself and my MFPals, I am ready to get back on it.. This has all been topped off by re-reading your story! Thank you once again xx
  • katherines2230
    katherines2230 Posts: 276 Member
    I think I love you too lol! Thank you so much for posting. I found what you wrote about being down about not being the man you envisioned yourself being especially helpful, because I believe my husband is in the same place and I feel like I understand better and can be more helpful to him. On falling off the bandwagon, I've been there so many times....even while on a good losing streak! It's so awesome to have a community in which we share the same struggles. Very motivating!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!