Success is anything but a straight line.

Options

Replies

• performfully
    performfully Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great! And I totally agree! I lost about 30 lbs, and then went on vacation. A "I'll just take a week break" turned into 2 months. I came back about a month ago in a lazy fashion and have lost 5 more (not counting last week, that was vacation #2 haha) and I feel great to be kicking butt again!
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    <3
  • snowflake954
    snowflake954 Posts: 8,400 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your story. It's nice to know that we don't have to be perfect to make it--just tenacious. It's nice to be inspired today. Congrats. B)
  • Pinkgurl13
    Pinkgurl13 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Nice job! =)
  • Lalalindaloo
    Lalalindaloo Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Right ON!!!
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Keep it up! You look great and look like you feel terrific.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    CariJean64 wrote: »
    Impressive story, and EXACTLY what pretty much all of us need to hear. Have you considered blogging? I'd love to read more about your journey.

I agree. I don't follow many blogs, but your storytelling really pulls the reader in, and your story is inspirational. You have a wonderful way of expressing your thoughts and feelings in a very picturesque and identifiable manner.

All that aside, this is a wonderful story on so many levels. Well done with your tenacity. And congratulations on having such a wonderful and supportive spouse.
  • brightsideofpink
    brightsideofpink Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    PS- Great photos. You look great, and very happy!
  • aSaltandBattery
    aSaltandBattery Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite success stories! You are a great writer btw :)
  • mkchris
    mkchris Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I can relate, have hit a plateau for a few months and am getting back in the game now. In spite of it all, Great Job!! Thanks for sharing... you're a good writer.
  • katherine_startrek_fan
    Options
    Just what I needed to read today-- I've been losing steam for the past few weeks and my weight loss was starting to stall. Reading your post has motivated me to soldier on.

Thanks!
  • Debbaleenic
    Debbaleenic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's nice to see others who are trying but still struggling. It's not often I see that in weight loss success stories. Thank you so much for putting it out there. It has made me remember that it is ok to struggle but it is not ok to give up. Congrats and keep on keepin' on
  • debbie_elder
    debbie_elder Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    The darkest time in my life was when I was laid up in bed with a ruptured disc in my L4-L5 that crushed my sciatic nerve. If I wasn't pregnant I think I would've contemplated suicide. Thank God for my back surgery two weeks after my C-Section. I'm down 45lbs and still have a long ways to go but can so relate to your story.
  • kellyjoy1014
    kellyjoy1014 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this post! I had a grilled chicken salad at Applebee's, thinking I was eating light and healthy, only to discover as I logged my good that it's a whopping 1,290 calories!! What?!!
    I like the honesty and am so thankful it's about progress not perfection!
    Keep up the good work!
  • EpicMedic
    EpicMedic Posts: 24 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hello again everyone! I'm back, and ready to get back to business!

Wait, what? Does this mean that something happened? Does this mean... No... Please no.... I GOT FAT AGAIN?!?!?

In February of 2015 I re-injured my discs in my lower back and spent 6 weeks taking it VERY easy. During that time, I caved in and let myself eat my emotions... Why does ice cream and pizza make the feelings go away? My anxiety levels were through the roof, and I was as sedentary as one could possibly be. I ate my way through this time, one pizza delivery at a time.

Anyways, that started an unchecked spiral down to a dark place. An evil place. A place where the scales only read 260+ and the clothes in your closet look like they should be on a small child, not the gluttonous mass that you see staring back at you in the mirror.

The thing about depression is that it's so incredibly self-serving. One of the main symptoms, for me, is a complete lack of willpower and drive. I don't want to do anything, and I don't give a flying duck. Now, when you know you need to start eating healthy and you know you need to start exercising, but the depression whispers in your ear "just one more slice of pizza, it will all be ok", then you're in a really tough spot!

I weighed in sometime in late October at 267 pounds. That was my starring weight, way back when, and I was there.... Again. It took two solid months of half-added trying (which, for those without depression, is actually trying as hard as you can but only really being able to get one leg out of the hole you're in) I was able to get down to 258 pounds by December 30th.

Now, I hate New Years resolutions. I'm the kind of guy that thinks that if it's worth doing, then just do it. Stop making excuses, like eating *kitten* all month long in December just because "on January 1st I'm going to get healthy!" It just so happened that my epiphany moment came on the 30th, and I got back to what works for me. I busted out MFP for the first time in over a year and started tracking.

Over the last week, thanks to a drastic change in my diet and portions, I've dropped down to 251.8 lbs. I'm still eating 1800-2000 calories a day, don't worry, so I'm not starving myself by any means. I've started making better choices again and, wouldn't you know it, I feel better now than I have in the last YEAR.

It took everything I had to drag myself out of that pit, and I'm back now to PROVE that I have what it takes to beat this.

To beat the depression.
    To beat the binge eating.
    To slay the evil pizza monster.
    To win.
  • agoodz9
    agoodz9 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Never give up!
  • DoubleTheLove
    DoubleTheLove Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You inspire me so much! Not only because of your weight loss but because of your persistence & the way you just accept your slip ups not letting them defeat you. Congratulations. I hope you have the 2016 that you are looking for. :)
  • RoseTheWarrior
    RoseTheWarrior Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    You will do it. Do you have access to counselling with a psychologist? I loved your first post. I like to hear the stories, and I find they so often resemble my own. I've been there. I've put almost 3000 hours into an MMO, the whole time eating and eating and consoling myself with food and "accomplishments" obtained in the virtual world, as I felt my real one falling apart and tried to deal with all the stresses from many places at once.

I was able to see a psychologist through an employment program, and after some time and a lot of headway there, decided to ask my doctor about a mild anti-depressant. I'm so glad I did. I have my life back. I have a positive attitude and I've learned how to turn around the negative thinking as soon as it begins.

It can be done. Making the start is always the hardest, especially when you are depressed. People who have never experienced it can't even fathom how hard it is. If you need a friend, add me. I'm here every single day and my diary is open to my friends. I also post motivational quotes daily. I wish you the best!
  • LBL1986
    LBL1986 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I appreciate your honesty with your struggle with depression. And most of all sharing that the road to success can be a winding one.

I'm still new to my journey but I've been struggling with depression and I'm certainly realizing that my dependency on food is directly related to how I feel at any given time which makes things tough.

Best wishes to you and you can do it!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!