Eye on the prize... what is yours?

2»

Replies

• MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Hmmmm I've never really thought of a reward beyond the success of hitting my goal. I mean, to me shopping isn't a reward it's a necessity as I'll have a completely different body and will need to clothes it. And being over weight never put a stop to my shopping for hot clothes lol.

Though... I have been tossing around the idea of entering a fitness competition after. Maybe the ability to go up on stage and look like I belong there with all the other super fit girls will be my reward?
  • LaurenCheek
    LaurenCheek Posts: 34 Member
    I give myself little "mini rewards" all the time now!

A personal favorite are professional pedicures and manicures. My sister bought a gel manicure kit and I spend about an hour a week giving myself a fresh and perfectly done manicure. I find that as I lose weight and gain confidence, I want to spend more and more time taking care of myself. I get plenty of sleep and I don't feel guilty about spending time on myself now.

When I finally dropped below 200 pounds, I bought myself some really nice Asics tennis shoes I've been drooling over for months.

I have been fortunate enough to have a mom who has loaned me new clothes to stretch my wardrobe as I continue to drop the pounds, but I am certainly looking forward to buying a new wardrobe when I finally hit goal.

One majorly cool experience that I've had recently is that I am starting to cut ties with old relationships that don't fit me or are toxic, and I have had the confidence to reach out and reconnect to old friends (who've always had my back).

I am planning a big trip with a girlfriend of mine this spring. We haven't chosen the location yet, but traveling to new places is one big source of motivation for me to continue my efforts.

When I hit my ultimate goal (150-160 pounds) I am buying a really nice bikini and tanning myself into oblivion. I might even post a picture of myself on Facebook in my suit on the beach!