Meeting my calorie goal

Options
2»

Replies

• Tilandra
    Options
    Any change in weight, whether up or down, requires a change in your mindset. I like to eat clean, unprocessed foods, but to be honest I am having a very difficult time meeting my calorie goals on just meat and vegetables. While I admire your dedication to your child's future eating habits, you have to take care of *you* first, or you won't be healthy enough to take care of her. And your child definitely doesn't need to eat every single thing you eat, and it sounds like she's young enough not to notice the difference in your diets.

Since your calorie goal is so low, I'm assuming you're sedentary, or input that into the MFP calculator. Make sure you are accounting for all activity (like chasing after your toddler). There are free pedometer apps for the iPod if you have one that link directly into MFP and subtract the calories you burn during normal daily walking. On days where my dogs get out of the yard, I can burn a couple hundred calories following them through the neighborhood trying to call them back home.

Adding healthy fats is a good way to go. I have a sensitivity to iodine, so I have to watch peanut consumption, as they are pretty high in iodine, but there are other things like avocado, coconut and coconut oil, and an organic dark chocolate or two wouldn't hurt.