Random question.... How do people really not lose weight doing insanity?

Options

Replies

• Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    eating. exercise is great but diet is 90% of the battle. Combine both and you are unstoppable.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    They're eating too much.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    cfer667 wrote: »
    This question is phrased incredibly rudely. Please get off your high horse. It's ok to be proud and feel good about your accomplishments. But it's so easy to get off the wagon and fail. Please be respectful to others who are at different place than you.

It could be metabolism related. It could be genetics.

It could be they don't have the knowledge of how to eat or how much they're eating vs what they need. Not many people eat the same everyday so it's challenging to understand what's going wrong.

Like Vallm said, they could gain weight because they're getting more muscular (which is a good thing) but pay too much attention to the scale and get bummed out or frustrated and try something more drastic which has the reverse effect.

They could also have allergies and react differently to different foods and not understand that.

Many reasons. Everyone is in a different stage of health and fitness, and a different place in what they understand/know about themselves and their health.

Eh. Not that rude. It's interesting to learn about bodies and fitness in general. If I was someone who had done insanity and not lost weight I'd probably be like "Thank you for asking this question....and the answer is...?"
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    When I did insanity I lost no weight. I actually gained weight. I ate at the recommended calorie intake the nutrition guide told me to. I did however lose 10.5 inches. I did not follow the meal guide and I never got to month 2.

I have been thinking about trying it again, but this time eating less of course. The intake the nutrition guide gave me was obviously above my tdee.
  • arditarose
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »
    When I did insanity I lost no weight. I actually gained weight. I ate at the recommended calorie intake the nutrition guide told me to. I did however lose 10.5 inches. I did not follow the meal guide and I never got to month 2.

I have been thinking about trying it again, but this time eating less of course. The intake the nutrition guide gave me was obviously above my tdee.

Interesting! 10.5 inches is quite a bit.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    weighing out the broccoli for dinner with care... whilst roughly guessing the number of peanuts eaten at break?

lol! I like you. :)
  • dbmata
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

TWSS
  • arditarose
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    arditarose wrote: »

TWSS

Notice I just said quite a BIT. Done better.
  • dbmata
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    They might be drinking those Beachbody shakes. Those things can make you gain weight!!

Because of the bourbon it takes to wash the flavor out of your mouth?
  • daybehavior
    daybehavior Posts: 1,319 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I love how someone can now drop the F-bomb without being censored in these new forums yet I can't say Dick's Sporting Goods.

Oh wait I can :/
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    This question is phrased incredibly rudely. Please get off your high horse. It's ok to be proud and feel good about your accomplishments. But it's so easy to get off the wagon and fail. Please be respectful to others who are at different place than you.

It could be metabolism related. It could be genetics.

It could be they don't have the knowledge of how to eat or how much they're eating vs what they need. Not many people eat the same everyday so it's challenging to understand what's going wrong.

Like Vallm said, they could gain weight because they're getting more muscular (which is a good thing) but pay too much attention to the scale and get bummed out or frustrated and try something more drastic which has the reverse effect.

They could also have allergies and react differently to different foods and not understand that.

Many reasons. Everyone is in a different stage of health and fitness, and a different place in what they understand/know about themselves and their health.

The question is not phrased rudely, it is a legitimate question.

Building muscle is not so easy, and it's intentional not random.

A person with allergies to a certain food does not gain weight from said food, but they certainly have other reaction.
  • kahulalui
    Options
    It could be what they are eating, not necessarily too much.

I receieved a refund from Beach Body as their shakes made me gain weight. It just isn't "real" food.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I first achieved over 100 pounds of weight loss with the help of insanity. Since then, i put some weight back on and have been reading these boards and others on the web with folks saying that they arent losing any weight. How is that possible aside from the obvious eating more than you are spending....

I am back on the program and am teaming it up with t25 on very busy days.... I am almost ten days in and the weight comes off at about the desired 2 pounds a week for me. I am just trying to figure it all out as to why it works for some and not others. I know on days that I combine the two workouts, i am well over 1k calories burned according to my polar.

Is it really as simple as the diet? Or are there underlying issues (IE metabolism, age response, etc)

Interested to see your thoughts.

i did insanty and put on 2lb. i lost bodyfat, i looked smaller when i finished, i just hung on to a load of water because of the intensity of the programme. if you're already a normal weight its not just about the scales.

• FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    They might be drinking those Beachbody shakes. Those things can make you gain weight!!

Sorry but you are wrong as these drinks do not "make" a person gain weight. Consuming too many calories than needed in a day causes people to gain weight, not drinking the Shakeology drinks.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    because you only get out of it what you put into it.

there are also people who have been 'dieting' for 5 years and haven't lost weight either.

there are also people who run for years and their bodies don't change.

I was one of them for awhile.

You only get out of it wheat you put into it.

good luck!
  • dbmata
    Options
    I've been wanting to make some bread lately.
  • yoovie
    Options
    Please be respectful to others who are at different place than you.

This goes both ways. Sometimes people are refusing to educate themselves about fitness or are still in the early stages of getting to understand it and we should be mindful of their presence when explaining stuff.

But sometimes, those same people should realize that they are surrounded by people who have been at this with epic success for many years and are more advanced in their knowledge and experience of what works and what doesn't and why and they should be mindful of that invaluable and generously volunteered presence here.

• yoovie
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    I've been wanting to make some bread lately.

rye would you do that?

• Deemorak
    Deemorak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    They are most likely eating back what they burn.

• SergeantSausage
    SergeantSausage Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Actual Answer: by eating too much.

It's the *ONLY* answer, Bro.