How often do you weigh-in?

Options
13»

Replies

• EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning before food and exercise and after number #1 and record it in MFP.

I count Monday morning's weight as my official 'check in'.

I used to weigh myself every day and only check in my weight in MFP if it was a new low or it had been a week since a new low.
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I keep my scale in the same spot, and I weigh myself every morning after I go to the bathroom, naked so I know my true weight, not the weight of whatever I am wearing at the time.
  • cheesyrunner
    cheesyrunner Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I weigh-in whenever I know my results will not be affected by water weight or swelling due to my intolerance to some foods. I do not weigh during a menstrual cycle. I'm currently weighting (lame puns r lame) to weigh myself right now due to these self-set rules.
    Personally, I have an eating disordered person living with me (binge-eating disorder) and I don’t wish to trigger this person by letting them see or hear myself being weighed (really do not want someone to comment on this... it's just a personal choice), so, I check weight sporadically. My advice would be: weigh yourself when you know your results won’t be skewed and keep in mind muscle weight. Perhaps every 3 or 4 days is a good interval at which to check your progress and always @ the same time in the day.
  • minionofevil
    minionofevil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh, and any drop in weight I log on mfp, because I love it telling me how much i've lost. If I gain any, i look at what I ate the day before and see if I didn't drink enough or had too much sodium etc, and keep track of what makes me fluctuate.
  • JCThayer85
    JCThayer85 Posts: 21
    Options
    I weigh-in once a week, first thing in the morning.
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. It's at my moms so it's usually on the same day every week, but different times of day. The scales stay n the same place though.
  • karenertl
    karenertl Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    24qs5k4.jpg

I love this pic. I weigh myself almost every day I'm at work. I really shouldn't do that because I do tend to fluctuate a few pounds during the course of the week.
  • tkpdx55
    tkpdx55 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I weigh in at the same time every day. I also check my stocks every day. I've noted that weight and stock price numbers tend to move in jagged rather than straight lines, so the rises and dips don't bother me as long as I can chart a downward trend (in weight, not stocks!) over time. This weekend I visited my brother and his wife who loves to cook, and when I weighed in this morning I noted a real spike in my weight. I know, though, that as the week goes on it's going to to settle back down again as I get back into my normal eating and exercise routine. The downward trend will continue.

I check my stocks every afternoon after the market closes, if anyone wants to know. Things are trending up, and that's a GOOD thing!
  • xilka
    xilka Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Once in the morning and once at night.
    There's usually a 3 lb difference.

I do this because I log my weekly range - lowest and highest.
    This has helped me figure out what my NEAT is.
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I weigh in every day at 6 am { once i get up and went to the bathroom} but i only Log my weight on Wednesday { no matter if i dropped some weight in the middle of the week}

same for me : )
  • danekin
    danekin Posts: 21
    Options
    I weigh in on the first of every month in the morning before I eat or drink anything. I usually weigh in barefoot in no more than undies to improve the accuracy. Your weight can fluctuate by so many factors so the more of those factors I can reduce at my weigh in the better.
  • dsbanks1
    dsbanks1 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I weigh in once a week on the same scale within a 2 hour time range for consistency. I don't weigh in more often because the daily fluctuations bother me so it causes frustration. I try to just keep making good choices daily regardless of what the scale says. Good Luck Everyone!
  • ashtay6
    ashtay6 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

when you lost up to 10-20 lbs i get something that weigh the same amount and put it on to remind myself. how heavy i was.

THAT is a wonderful idea ^