How much weight do you expect to gain by New Year?

Options

Replies

• chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    No gains, hoping to be down 15lbs by New Years.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    Im so excited about this! I plan on adding 10 pounds to my bench, 25 to my squat and -fingers crossed- 10 on my OHP!!!!!!

Same here! Well, I don't think I"ll make quite as large gains as you, but I'm shopping for heavier weights for Christmas because I am ready to add again.
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I expect to lose a little more than 10 lbs by new years! I refuse to let the holidays stand in my weight loss goals
  • AmandaAnne307
    AmandaAnne307 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hoping to be down 15 more pounds and reach my second weight goal!
  • accelerashawn
    accelerashawn Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    I'm gaining on purpose...the holidays will make it easier. I think I'll put on another 2-4lbs by the new year...
  • melduf
    melduf Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I refuse to let the holidays stand in my weight loss goals
    OP, that's what you should be repeating to yourself!! The Holidays are not responsible for our weight gain, we are! We choose what goes in our mouth and the time we spend exercising.

Don't starve, don't binge. Eat right, exercise. You will reach your goals!

• sun_fish
    sun_fish Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Im so excited about this! I plan on adding 10 pounds to my bench, 25 to my squat and -fingers crossed- 10 on my OHP!!!!!!

Yay! Great goals.

Along the same lines, I hope to be adding 15# to my squat which will be my body weight, which I will be maintaining.

Last year I lost 6 pounds between Thanksgiving and New Year's.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,576 Member
    Options
    I'm planning on losing weight before and after the new year. We attend a lot of parties year round so if I can't lost between now and the new year, I'm doomed. As long as I can stick to my exercise regime, I should continue to lose.
  • micheleld73
    micheleld73 Posts: 914 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I figure I'll continue to fluctuate up and down by 2-3 pounds and then continue to lose about a pound a week after Christmas until I hit my goal of 6 more pounds down. Then I'll maintain for a bit before trying my first ever bulk!
  • TheTiagooo
    TheTiagooo Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'll probably gain 2-3 kg, as I won't be as active without my gym membership. But I'll try to eat at maintenance most days.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    OP, do you want to gain so you can have a good New Year's Resolution to work on?
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    -5, hopefully.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    None...I should lose about 4-5 Lbs by New Years. I will most definitely enjoy the holidays, but I don't treat the entire two months from Halloween to New Years like a free for all. I'm working with a trainer/coach right now and paying him good money...I would be doing myself and my pocket book a disservice by just doing whatever.
  • pdank311
    pdank311 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I'm trying to be realistic and at this rate I'm going to try to limit the weight gain to one or two pounds... I did great last year but this year my willpower has dwindled by quite a bit!

Anyone else?

Just another week to me. Gain 5 / lose 5 by the following Thursday.

• Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    It's tough, I have lots of holiday gatherings, but I try to keep my fitness routine the same and then eat really well when there is not a gathering, I can indulge some and not cause any problems.
  • richardositosanchez
    Options
    I don't plan to gain any. I may not lose but i'll at least maintain my weight.
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    no gaining allowed for me. - I'm about 2 lbs from my second goal (30 lbs), and I'm hoping by new years I'll be working toward goal 3 (40...) - yes, baby steps - because I like being able to celebrate more regularly as I acheive them. So, no gaining for those 3 days.
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'll gain 8 on thanksgiving. It'll be gone in 4 days. So not much.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Same here! Well, I don't think I"ll make quite as large gains as you, but I'm shopping for heavier weights for Christmas because I am ready to add again.

Awesome! I restarted my program, so my gains are easy for now, because Ive been there before. It takes all the fear out of it, knowing for a fact that you are definitely going to be able to get back to your old numbers - but there's this awesome sense of solid that comes with it :bigsmile:
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    I started maintaining my weight right before Christmas last year, so I plan on staying within +/- three pounds, same as any other time of the year.