Please share you SIMPLE home exercises....

Options
2»

Replies

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I am telling you frankly. I don't do any exercise in my home. I just find time to dance for 30 minutes or hardly one hour. This technique always keeps me fit throughout the day.
    Dance with me. Dance as if no one is watching.
  • sheldonklein
    sheldonklein Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    MKEgal wrote: »
    This NY Times article links to a paper by the American College of Sports Medicine.
    It's a series of simple body-weight exercises you can do anywhere.
    If you want a longer workout, repeat the cycle.

51637601.png

The NYT now has an app for the exercise program. I find it very useful. There is a link at the top of the article.
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all for your advice and suggestions.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Dawmelvan wrote: »
    push ups, burpees, squats and roll ups are what I like to do :-)

sit-ups, lateral sit-ups, leg stuff, more push ups.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    check angry trainer fitness.com
    nerdfitness.com
    lovingfit.com
    bodyrock.tv or the now "dailyhiit.com" older body rock videos have less equipment
    or Zuzka Light on youtube.

Plenty of things available.

these.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I do yoga. I know a lot of people discount it, but it's my main exercise and I'm much, much stronger than I've ever been.
  • jdhcm2006
    jdhcm2006 Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Planks, mountain climbers are good ones too
  • FaithIsHealthy
    FaithIsHealthy Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I've been using the app "Pumpup" for body-weight exercises in my living room. I have no equipment either and love this app. It's been great to build up my strength in all my muscles and adds variation so you aren't stuck doing the same thing every day.
  • Holly_Roman_Empire
    Holly_Roman_Empire Posts: 4,440 Member
    Options
    Sworkit phone app.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    mlrtri wrote: »
    I have been doing cardio on my elliptical but want to start a little strength training. What simple at home exercises are you doing or recommend? Simple = able to do without equipment, not how much effort it takes. No pain no gain (or loss) right?

Pushups
    Planks
    Mountain climbers
    Burpees
    Squats
    Chair dips

• MiguelV2875
    Options
    How about Freeletics workouts? Google it.. :)
  • RebeccaWarren2013
    Options
    I really like to do Jillian Michaels dvds, my favorite is the No Trouble Zones one. Fitnessblender is good too.
  • nancytyc
    nancytyc Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    It is winter. Go rake leaves and pick up sticks. If you don't have leaves, I am sure some neighbor does. What a way to do a good deed. Go rake their yard. Burns lots of calories and works those upper arms like you would not believe!!
  • DeannaLynnPerkins
    DeannaLynnPerkins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Pinterest is a GREAT resource for at home, no equipment workouts AND you can target various areas of your body. I have boards set-up for arms, chest & back, abs, glutes and legs! Great references and your finger tips. It's always good to go back to the basics like many have shared: Push-ups, triceps dips, crunches/sit-ups, squats, calf raises, jumping jacks, burpees, planks, mountain climbers. And don't forget all the variations of the exercises you can do! Incline push-ups, side crunches, legs held at 90 degree crunches, plie squats...enjoy and use your imagination. :-D
  • DeannaLynnPerkins
    DeannaLynnPerkins Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Oh, and wall sits! I hate them, but they are sooooo effective. :-D High knees, butt kickers... sorry they aren't all strength training, I normally incorporate non equipment cardio when I'm strength training to switch things up. :-D
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options