Body media linked to my fitness pal help!!

Options
So I just got my new body media device. Picked it up yesterday, and I love it!!! I have linked it to my fitness pal and my calories burned from Body Media is coming over into MFP, but I can't figure out how to get my food diary from MFP over to BM!! It's driving me crazy. It just has a note that says "Your meal data comes from third party sources, and nothing has been received for this day." Yet, I have my whole food diary filled out for the day in MFP. Does anyone know how to get my food diary from MFP to BM????

Replies

• ChristyB1117
    ChristyB1117 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    There have been syncing issues all month. Last everyone heard they are "working on it"
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Are you completing your entries for the day?
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    wilsoncl6 wrote: »
    Are you completing your entries for the day?

Actually, no I haven't hit the complete button for the day yet. Maybe that is my problem. I will try it and see if that works...
  • ChristyB1117
    Options
    no, completing has nothing to do with it

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1755914--bodymedia-not-syncing-11-3-14-

A temporary fix is to unlink and then link it again every time you want it to sync
  • spingirl605
    Options
    Shoot, that didn't work...Totally bummed!
  • spingirl605
    Options
    no, completing has nothing to do with it

http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1755914--bodymedia-not-syncing-11-3-14-

A temporary fix is to unlink and then link it again every time you want it to sync

I will try this...
  • spingirl605
    Options
    It worked!!!! Thanks so much ChristyB1117!!!!
  • ChristyB1117
    Options
    Just remember, that until it's fixed :s , you have to do it every time you want them to sync...
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    It's gotten bad. Just like ChristyB said - you have to literally unlink then link every single time you want it to update. On another thread, people said Bodymedia had said it was an MFP thing but I am kind of wondering about that since every other device seems to be working perfectly.

I honestly think Jawbone is just trying to phase Bodymedia out and kill it completely, especially with the UP 3 nearing its release.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    These are no longer even made. I'm surprised you were able to get one.

I spoke with Jawbone yesterday. They called me after I sent yet another email about these constant issues. I just received my Bodymedia Link 6 months ago, so you can imagine how disappointed I was with the constant software problems. They offered to either replace my Bodymedia with an Up24 or give my money back. I told them to give my money back because I don't want the Up24, I want the Up3, since the 24 doesn't have anywhere near the same functionality. Apparently they weren't willing to just credit me toward the Up3 (or rather, it was complicated because it's not out for another 6-7 weeks.) So, a bit of a hassle and I'll be without a tracker for a month and a half, but small price to pay if I can get something that actually works consistently.

I would encourage all of you to provide feedback to both Bodymedia and MFP. Keep emailing until something is done. This has gone on waaaaay too long, and it isn't the first time. For something that they charge a monthly service fee to access, it's just inappropriate that there should be so many issues.
  • knitapeace
    knitapeace Posts: 1,013 Member
    Options
    I had tons of syncing issues that were always temporarily fixed by disconnecting and reconnecting Bluetooth. I finally cancelled my subscription but more because I find better success with TDEE than I do with tracking my calorie burns as closely as the Body Media does. But I have to say I learned SO much from the time I used it!
  • lion22x
    Options
    So the issue is still not solved?
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    MFP just updated the page 11/21 and said BM thinks the issue is on their end. BM is working on it and MFP says they'll keep in contact with BM and keep us posted.

Maybe we all need to swarm BM.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    These are no longer even made. I'm surprised you were able to get one.

I spoke with Jawbone yesterday. They called me after I sent yet another email about these constant issues. I just received my Bodymedia Link 6 months ago, so you can imagine how disappointed I was with the constant software problems. They offered to either replace my Bodymedia with an Up24 or give my money back. I told them to give my money back because I don't want the Up24, I want the Up3, since the 24 doesn't have anywhere near the same functionality. Apparently they weren't willing to just credit me toward the Up3 (or rather, it was complicated because it's not out for another 6-7 weeks.) So, a bit of a hassle and I'll be without a tracker for a month and a half, but small price to pay if I can get something that actually works consistently.

I would encourage all of you to provide feedback to both Bodymedia and MFP. Keep emailing until something is done. This has gone on waaaaay too long, and it isn't the first time. For something that they charge a monthly service fee to access, it's just inappropriate that there should be so many issues.

At least you got offered the Up24. When I contacted them, they didn't offer anything. They basically said, "Oh well."
  • ChristyB1117
    edited November 2014
    Options
    PikaKnight wrote: »
    It's gotten bad. Just like ChristyB said - you have to literally unlink then link every single time you want it to update. On another thread, people said Bodymedia had said it was an MFP thing but I am kind of wondering about that since every other device seems to be working perfectly.

I honestly think Jawbone is just trying to phase Bodymedia out and kill it completely, especially with the UP 3 nearing its release.

I totally agree with you PikaKnight. Which really ticks me off because I had just purchased a new one in July when they ran a huge promotion (Probably to clear out stock). I just returned it and am using an older model until I decide what to do. At first I was thinking the Jawbone Up3, but these questionable tactics have me rethinking. I may just wait for the Apple Watch. Then again, I've been using a tracker for quite some time now and it's pretty close to most TDEE calculators. So maybe I'll just say forget it. I just don't know.
  • mcc1200
    mcc1200 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've been emailing BodyMedia every few days in search of *some* kind of progress update. Here's their latest reply:
    All I can tell you is that we were told that they are working with MyFitnessPal to get this issue resolved. When I inquired today with MyFitnessPal they confirmed that they were working with us to resolve the issue.

No I cannot confirm that it is on our side as we are not sure where the issue lies.

No we do not have a ETA for the resolution.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Here's the link about the glitch. http://myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1755914--bodymedia-not-syncing-11-3-14-

The latest update from 11/21 says that BM thinks the issue is on their side.
  • mcc1200
    mcc1200 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Actually, the latest (Nov 24) update I've received from BM says that they *don't* know that it's on their side. Neither MFP nor BM is owning up to this, and neither of them is giving us any info about what the problem is, nor even a *ballpark* of an ETA. This is amazingly bad customer service from both BM and MFP.
  • Depictureboy
    Depictureboy Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the world of software interface development...its their fault...its their fault...its their fault...oh we'll have a patch to fix our issue in a week.
  • shanapadilla2
    shanapadilla2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Everyone with a body media subscription, should ask for at least one month refund, since the product does not work as intended. I did and got a credit.