Body media linked to my fitness pal help!!

Options
2»

Replies

• photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    As of the update today, they say it's been fixed. We'll see.... :|
  • photochik71
    photochik71 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Nope, still not working.
  • shanapadilla2
    shanapadilla2 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    It is not fixed just got off the phone with BodyMedia and they said they have no ETA on a fit that mfp incorrectly posted there was a fix. everyone should call BodyMedia and ask for their subscription feeback to the last 2 months
  • mcc1200
    mcc1200 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    FYI, BodyMedia isn't giving refunds; they're just adding a "free" month to your subscription. ("free", as in: The cost is your frustration.)
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    Mine started syncing automatically today. Crossing fingers!!
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Mine started syncing automatically today. Crossing fingers!!
    Nothing here *sigh* :(
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    my calories burned are syncing from bodymedia to mfp but still no meals into bodymedia
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    dmcole13 wrote: »
    my calories burned are syncing from bodymedia to mfp but still no meals into bodymedia

That's what is still happening with me...
  • spingirl605
    Options
    OMG, my consumed calories for today on MFP automatically synced with BodyMedia!! First time ever!! I'm kind of a little bit excited!! lol
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    OMG, my consumed calories for today on MFP automatically synced with BodyMedia!! First time ever!! I'm kind of a little bit excited!! lol

Yay! First time in a month and a half. I'm cautiously optimistic.
  • dmcole13
    dmcole13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    i was shocked!! i too have data going both ways!! i hope it stays.....
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    what kind of deficit are you guys eating from your bodymedia burn? and has your rate of weight loss reflected the deficit? i.e. 500 deficit = 1 lb per week
  • randomtai
    Options

Same here!! I almost fell out of my chair when I saw it lol
  • spingirl605
    Options
    what kind of deficit are you guys eating from your bodymedia burn? and has your rate of weight loss reflected the deficit? i.e. 500 deficit = 1 lb per week

I aim for a 750 deficit/day but rarely get it. I'm usually around 500. That said, my body media is fairly new, and I've only lost about 3lbs so far (about 1lb/week).
  • spingirl605
    Options
    And for the record, that one occurrence of it syncing, only happened the 1 time...Grrrr...
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options

I used the reports to track how accurate the burn was, and as long as I was tracking food accurately, the rate of loss was spot on. Any time it was off, I could spot a meal that I had to guess on calories which were probably wrong, or an extra salty meal or strenuous workout which would cause water retention. I miss my Bodymedia band terribly, but I wasn't willing to put up with the continued software problems while charging a monthly fee, and they offered my money back on the band.

Fingers crossed that the Up3 has the same level of accuracy.
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

I wore a Bodymedia for over a year and a half (really until last week). I had to show a deficit of at least 1000 calories for the scale to even budge, like less than 1/2 lb a week. It was that far off for me! I actually got it to help me maintain, and I promptly started gaining while using it. I'm currently trying to lose the 10 lbs I gained with it. Be very careful. It is not accurate for everyone.

I just replaced it with a Misfit Flash which seems to be much more reasonable as far as calorie burn. It gives me between 1700and 2100 calories burned per day. The Bodymedia was giving me burns of 2600 per day, even on "office" days with no workout! No way that is right--I only weigh 130lbs.
  • randomtai
    Options

I am on a .5 lb a week deficit and I am losing at the rate.