Shakeology question!

Options
passionately_kate
passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
edited November 2014 in Food and Nutrition
I am thinking of trying Shakeology. Has anyone ever tried it? If so, how did it make you feel? (Healthier? energy? Happier moods? sleep better? etc). I am wanting some NON-sales person review! :smile: Thinking of trying it because I lack energy for working out after work from not sleeping well at night...
Thinking of combining it with piyo...seems like its a good low inpact workout (High energy intense workouts aren't for me lol) Would love you opinion, thanks!! :smile:

Thanks!!

Replies

• RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed it, I used it as a daily breakfast, just the chocolate powder, almond milk and ice. It tasted good enough and was like 160 calories, so a nice light breakfast. It didn't make me feel any better, other than I was full in the morning and not getting donuts or sodas to start my day.
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Try to work out before work. Problem solved and you don't need to buy expensive snake-oil. Most of the nutrients advertised in these formulations never make it into your body as they are destroyed in processing.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I drank the chocolate vegan Shakeology for 3 months. It made me nauseous and overall sick to my stomach. No change in mood or sleep.

You can spend $130 a month on something much better.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    Save your money. If I'm low on energy prior to working out in the evenings I drink a coffee about 30 minutes before and carb up. Energy issue solved for no snake oil MLM prices!
  • SkyeFyr
    SkyeFyr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been using it for months and love it. I was doing "green" drinks (nutribullet) before that and found this to be quicker, easier, no thought involved and I felt significantly better (not to mention it tastes better than some of the combinations I was coming up with). I get up and have a chocolate shake first thing in the morning then do my workout. I'm up at 5 and am good on energy till around 9. I would stick to chocolate though, I wasn't really fond of the other flavors. You can also throw in fruit or mix it with milk to change things up some. My husband has ulcerative colitus and when he has a flare it's one of the few things he can have that don't make things worse on him. Personally, I would recommend it. And I'm not in sales or a coach or anything like that.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    Save your money. If I'm low on energy prior to working out in the evenings I drink a coffee about 30 minutes before and carb up. Energy issue solved for no snake oil MLM prices!

Save your money. You don't need snake oil. It doesn't do any of those things you hope it would…

Happier moods? Change your mindset.
    Better sleep? Try getting 7 hours at least of sleep. Write down 3 things you are grateful for before bed and it'll make you happier AND sleep better.
    Healthier? Eat well, work out, and that'll come.
    Energy? I don't always have energy but I still workout and I find the minute I start the energy comes.
  • passionately_kate
    Options
    Can I get real reviews and not just opinions please? thanks :smile:
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of trying Shakeology. Has anyone ever tried it? If so, how did it make you feel? (Healthier? energy? Happier moods? sleep better? etc). I am wanting some NON-sales person review! :smile: Thinking of trying it because I lack energy for working out after work from not sleeping well at night...
    Thinking of combining it with piyo...seems like its a good low inpact workout (High energy intense workouts aren't for me lol) Would love you opinion, thanks!! :smile:

Thanks!!

post hoc ergo propter hoc

Also it's quite possible someone has tackled the crapiness that is shakeology before
  • jrose1982
    jrose1982 Posts: 366 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

Thanks!!

I don't know about the type of benefits you're describing. But my sister loves Shakeology. She hasn't claimed happier moods or anything like that. Just that it's an easy breakfast, made with fruits and vegetables, with respectable amounts of protein. She likes the taste. She finds the shakes filling. What more can you ask for? There's no harm in trying it. It's expensive if used over an extended period of time. But you can write off the initial cost as the cost to try new things, then decide if it's worth continuing.

But Shakeology is just a protein shake, not a magic bean. Don't expect too much from it. If your lack of energy is due to poor sleep, than nothing's going to fix that except better sleep.

Edit: I deleted part of my response that was a little off-topic.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options

If you didn't want opinions, you shouldn't have asked for opinions in your first post.

In my opinion, there are far cheaper protein powders out there, and there is no magical substance in shakeology that will make everything better. Everyone in the post is giving you very good advice.

:flowerforyou:
  • BombshellPhoenix
    edited November 2014
    Options

I've lost 53 lbs without snake oil. I never had to try it because it's a waste of time. The only experience I have is a friend of mine sold it a year ago when I was 170 lbs and tried to sell it to me. I declined and she chose to combine it with a VLCD over the course of a year and now suffers from metabolic damage. Yes, this isn't because of shakeology but the combo of VLCD but the belief that a product has some "magical heal-all" property to it is foolish and I advise against it. Having trouble getting proper nutrition? Take a multivitamin. Find fresh produce on sale. The motivation and drive to succeed isn't something you can BUY. It comes from YOU
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Thanks!!

You ask for something, get it, then complain? OK.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »

If you didn't want opinions, you shouldn't have asked for opinions in your first post...

:flowerforyou:

Yes, what's the difference between a real review and an opinion? Aren't they basically the same thing? I'm confused... :\
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Thinking of trying it because I lack energy for working out after work from not sleeping well at night...

Sounds like you would get more benefit working on your sleep...
  • amygill549
    amygill549 Posts: 2 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Getting rid of stressors, don't talk to drama queens, sleeping more, exercising every other day, no eating out, cut back on sugar, no caffeine 2 hours before bed, put clothes perfume & makeup on that make you feel pretty help with self esteem and cut back on portions and you won't need extra stuff to lose weight because it will fall off just doing above. I wouldn't spend the money on it other than 2 hydroxy cut pills a day does help if you can remember to take them. I keep forgetting.
  • BombshellPhoenix
    edited November 2014
    Options
    amygill549 wrote: »
    Getting rid of stressors, don't talk to drama queens, sleeping more, exercising every other day, no eating out, cut back on sugar, no caffeine 2 hours before bed, put clothes perfume & makeup on that make you feel pretty help with self esteem and cut back on portions and you won't need extra stuff to lose weight because it will fall off just doing above. I wouldn't spend the money on it other than 2 hydroxy cut pills a day does help.

Wtf is this run on sentence?

phj7t1k7txx5.gif
  • passionately_kate
    Options
    review means you've tried it and your experience. Opinion is just someone that is againt it and doesn't have a real insight on it. ^^^
  • BombshellPhoenix
    edited November 2014
    Options
    review means you've tried it and your experience. Opinion is just someone that is againt it and doesn't have a real insight on it. ^^^

Opinion isn't someone who is against it...an opinion can be good or bad...neutral.
  • brianpperkins
    brianpperkins Posts: 6,124 Member
    Options

Both are opinions ... which you asked for in your first post.

Shakeology is nothing more than a highly priced shake with a lot of claims and nothing supporting them. If you want to spend your money, that is your choice (facts).
  • BombshellPhoenix
    Options
    shlit storm incoming.

noticing lol holy bi*ch fest Lol

You seem very mature and well-rounded. Have fun figuring out what an opinion means.