Shakeology question!

Options

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    thanks to those who gave reviews, bad or good but I liked the reviews on people who said they tried it and either liked or hated it. that's what I'm looking for... people who tried it and how they liked or didn't like it. :smile: appreciated!

The problem with this logic is that the people who actually have knowledge on nutrition would never waste their money on Shakeology. It's a double edge sword...

• KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    KTDNLady wrote: »
    I have tried the chocolate and I like it. I've never tried this kind of thing before as I had always been skeptical. I usually make mine with ice, almond milk and a combination of berries. I work near a smoothie place and it tastes just as good as something I would buy there. Some people don't like it apparently, so the only way to find out is to try it. For me, it is an easy way to get nutrients and vitamins I wouldn't normally get. My skin is way better since I started using it.

That is my experience.
    So you rather spend $130 a month vs a $10-$20 bottle of multivitamins?! OK
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    thanks to those who gave reviews, bad or good but I liked the reviews on people who said they tried it and either liked or hated it. that's what I'm looking for... people who tried it and how they liked or didn't like it. :smile: appreciated!

The problem with this logic is that the people who actually have knowledge on nutrition would never waste their money on Shakeology. It's a double edge sword...

I only want the easily confused and sold to tell me about a product, particularly since they lack the sophistication to form a coherent and intelligent opinion about such product.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Hornsby wrote: »

I only want the easily confused and sold to tell me about a product, particularly since they lack the sophistication to form a coherent and intelligent opinion about such product.
    Sounds like the status quo...
  • dbmata
    Options
    I think I actually perfectly described gaming journalism too. lol.
  • adamitri
    adamitri Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    I think I actually perfectly described gaming journalism too. lol.

I think you did to a T. Freaking game journalism.
  • dbmata
    Options
    lol, yeah... I will tell no tales, but I have personal experiences with gaming "journalists". lol.
  • KTDNLady
    KTDNLady Posts: 13 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    PRMinx wrote: »
    I have tried the chocolate and I like it. I've never tried this kind of thing before as I had always been skeptical. I usually make mine with ice, almond milk and a combination of berries. I work near a smoothie place and it tastes just as good as something I would buy there. Some people don't like it apparently, so the only way to find out is to try it. For me, it is an easy way to get nutrients and vitamins I wouldn't normally get. My skin is way better since I started using it.

That is my experience.

Can you explain why you wouldn't normally get these nutrients? Or why spending $130/month is a better approach than taking a multi-vitamin.

The reality is that a well-rounded diet will provide 99.9% of people with the nutrients they need.
    Sure......I could get the same vitamins, but I'll be honest, I am too busy and too rushed half the time to plan perfectly well balanced meals every day. For example, it is very difficult for me to get 20g of protein for breakfast without consuming way too many calories and too much fat.....there are also a lot of things in the mix that I wouldn't normally get.....spiraling, chia and flax seeds, gingko, probiotics etc,
    There may be cheaper alternatives, but this is working for me and I like it. It's a personal choice. This is the first time I've ever used a mix like this so when I'm done with this bag, I may look into cheaper alternatives. I do not sell, nor do I ever intend to sell this product. The OP asked for opinions from people who have used it and so that is what this is.
  • KTDNLady
    KTDNLady Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »

That is my experience.

I've tried it, I like it and it works for me. I am very knowledgable about nutrition. I have vitamins, but I don't take them. I know I should, but it just doesn't happen. It's fine if you think it's a scam....you don't have to do it.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

That is my experience.

Can you explain why you wouldn't normally get these nutrients? Or why spending $130/month is a better approach than taking a multi-vitamin.

The reality is that a well-rounded diet will provide 99.9% of people with the nutrients they need.
    Sure......I could get the same vitamins, but I'll be honest, I am too busy and too rushed half the time to plan perfectly well balanced meals every day. For example, it is very difficult for me to get 20g of protein for breakfast without consuming way too many calories and too much fat.....there are also a lot of things in the mix that I wouldn't normally get.....spiraling, chia and flax seeds, gingko, probiotics etc,
    There may be cheaper alternatives, but this is working for me and I like it. It's a personal choice. This is the first time I've ever used a mix like this so when I'm done with this bag, I may look into cheaper alternatives. I do not sell, nor do I ever intend to sell this product. The OP asked for opinions from people who have used it and so that is what this is.

Lol. How do you know how much chia, flax etc when it's all hidden in a prop blend? Are any of those things in effacious dosages for humans?
  • passionately_kate
    passionately_kate Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    wow this thread is still active lol I bought it, waiting for it to come in the mail. I'm going to test it for myself and see how it is and if I wasted money...then oh well! :smile: lol Thanks for everyone's input!
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    KylaDenay wrote: »

That is my experience.

I am very knowledgable about nutrition. I have vitamins, but I don't take them.

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

That is my experience.

That's just plain lazy.

I just had two hard boiled eggs and a yogurt and hit 25 grams of protein with 11 grams of fat.
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    OP expect 25% helpful (or answer the question) and 75% troll - it's the way this site works these days.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    leodru wrote: »
    OP expect 25% helpful (or answer the question) and 75% troll - it's the way this site works these days.

So those of us who don't believe that shakes are a helpful tool for sustainable weight loss are trolls? Those of us who believe in eating real food and exercising regularly and, you know, doing the hard work day in and day out are trolls?

Um, ok. Good luck on your journey.
  • court_fritch26
    court_fritch26 Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I have some of the Beachbody workouts and really enjoy them, but I think Shakeology is a waste of money. I did it for about 3 months and didn't find any difference to when I was using other protein powders. Honestly I would suggest just finding one you enjoy and use that. I found one at GNC that I love, and it's less than half what I paid for Shakeology.
  • Philp0718
    Philp0718 Posts: 136 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Can I get real reviews and not just opinions please? thanks :smile:

I tried the chocolate shakeology for a little while. Just blended it with almond milk and ice and sometimes a banana, peanut butter or peppermint extract. It was delicious, I just don't think it is worth the price tag. You can go to any health food shop and get protein powder for less than half the price.

I do however LOVE the Beachbody workout programs and will continue to purchase those. I prefer to workout at home and these programs can really push you into working harder :smile:
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    if you lack energy, its typically from not getting proper nutrients. A protein shake won't help that. I think you would be better off tracking your macros/nutrients and find where you are lacking and make changes in your diet. You stated you use Weight Watchers-if you are eating "their" meals, they are processed and lacking in essential nutrients that you could benefit from. This would be my first course of action, before spending anymore money.
  • mammamaurer
    mammamaurer Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    You should try Soylent. It's a whole diet in a shake. You'll free your body.

only if its the green one
  • leodru
    leodru Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    leodru wrote: »

So those of us who don't believe that shakes are a helpful tool for sustainable weight loss are trolls? Those of us who believe in eating real food and exercising regularly and, you know, doing the hard work day in and day out are trolls?

Um, ok. Good luck on your journey.

Notice how you identified with being a troll? I never said that to you instead you took it and labeled yourself that way. Interesting that people who aren't troll take offence to referring to trolls. Good luck on your journey as well.