Not too intense workout for my wife?

Options
2»

Replies

• GnomeLove
    GnomeLove Posts: 379
    Options
    I have Just Dance, and pretty much just hop around my living room like an idiot for 30 minutes. It's a good workout for me. I do yoga also, and walk my dog up and down a 1.5 mile hill.
  • RunnerElizabeth
    RunnerElizabeth Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I've been using the You Are Your Own Gym book/ap. I like that I don't need to go to the gym, it's all body weight excercises so I can do it anywhere. I hate dealing with dvds and find it so boring to repeat the same program again and again. With YAYOG you do repeat the excercises for several workouts, but because the ap is more or less just a timer that keeps track of reps, I'm able to multitask and watch mindless television at the same time.

There is also Body By You, which is the same program but tailored specifically for women and it is only about 20 minutes a day 3 times a week and she would be able to start off with very basic excercises and work her way up. It seems a little less intimidating and even less of a time commitment, YAYOG is 20-30 mins 4 times a week.
  • shirleylmartin
    shirleylmartin Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I would say TurboFire; cardio, kickboxing, zumba, all in one program. I've done it and I love it!
  • feelinggreat140
    feelinggreat140 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Before I had my knee replacement I was dealing with a lot of added weight (I have lost 56 + pounds). When I first started back to exercising, I used Pick Your Level Pilates - watched it on Netflix instant streaming. It was a go place to start because you could choose Easy, Middle, or more Challenging workouts. Not sure if you mentioned she was just starting out but this one was a great start out for me as I had been sedentary for awhile.
  • helpfit101
    helpfit101 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred level 1 find it on youtube