Herbalife, Advocare, or Beachbody?

Options
12346»

Replies

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    KTDNLady wrote: »
    To answer the original question: I use shakeology and actually like it. I just started using it and I was always very skeptical of these meal replacement drinks. I know it's an MLM scheme, but I bought it because it came in a package with the DVDs I wanted and I wanted to help my friend out. THat being said....
    I like the taste - I usually add berries to it or almond butter. I like that it has 17 g of protein in just the powder before I add milk, nut butter or other ingredients. That's like 3 eggs and I try to get a lot of protein at breakfast.
    - It fills me up
    - my skin has cleared up a lot since using it.
    - while i know I could save a lot of money making my own food, the powder has a lot of nutrients and superfoods that I wouldn't get making it on my own. The powder works out to about $4.50 per day I think.

Wow, I didn't know the price of that stuff! Thanks for that info. The price kinda struck me just now.

For 4.50 a day, I can get 2 or 3 dozen eggs. Or I can get a sack of apples. Or I can buy a ton of oatmeal.

Personally, I'd rather buy real food and invest in a good multivitamin.

three egg whites, a multivitamin, a tbsp of peanut butter, and 2 pieces of bread = breakfast at less than $1
    a sweet potato with cottage cheese and a little hummus twice baked = lunch also less than $1
    A couple packs of fruit snacks for snacks: less than 0.50

So I have eaten food so far today and I'm full, and I spent a dollar less than the daily powder, and only about 5 minutes prep last night for the twice baked potato (in the microwave). It takes me less than 5 minutes to make breakfast.

To each his own.

ETA: Or's. Or's make the math work.

Yea, but you didn't get any of the "superfoods" that Shakeology offers...lol.

:insertsarcasm:

• mxmkenney
    mxmkenney Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    No No and No .. save your money you don't need any of these. They are all overpriced crap.

Agreed.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    skullshank wrote: »
    MissMissle wrote: »
    Yet nearly everyone who has quoted what you have said in this forum has been "flagged" as well? Isn't that ironic a little bit?

23ia2j5.gif

It's actually a coincidence. Just like the song!

i'm just here to post gifs.

771123d1360670062t-odd-gifs-h9bf3a82c.jpg

I guess not everyone can handle GIFs

200.gif

#MODSBELIKE

tumblr_m06dqnSeCt1qffkwto1_400.gif
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    BFDeal wrote: »
    Which one has probiotics to help me regulate my bowel movements? That's really the only question I have with pretty much any product I'm considering. YMMV.

Have you considered a fecal transplant?

• redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Prepare breakfast the night before when the girls go to bed. Those things are a waste of money. Don't use a busy morning as an excuse to not do the work. This whole weight loss process requires work. Don't try to shortcut yourself.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Yet nearly everyone who has quoted what you have said in this forum has been "flagged" as well? Isn't that ironic a little bit?

23ia2j5.gif

200.gif

#MODSBELIKE

Truth.gif
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I throughly enjoy this one:

Fire-balloon.gif?
  • _Terrapin_
    _Terrapin_ Posts: 4,301 Member
    Options
    I digress: OP, fast breakfast. . . .open PB, eat a spoonful, squeeze honey into piehole. . . . count to 3. Drink water, go for a run. Get out early and often. Oh and my munchkins wake up AFTER I'm back, then make them breakfast.
  • willrun4bagels
    willrun4bagels Posts: 838 Member
    Options

23ia2j5.gif

200.gif

#MODSBELIKE

200.gif
  • joeboland
    joeboland Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Those shakes/replacements offer no benefit in the way of time or nutrition that you couldn't otherwise get for far less money. For instance, overnight oats with protein powder are a great source of quality carbs and protein, and will take all of 30 seconds to whip together into a bowl and throw in the fridge. Takes maybe a minute to heat (or if you're like me, just eat it cold).
  • QueenMother14
    QueenMother14 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean about trying to make a quick and easy breakfast. I have tried most shakes around. They are all about the same. I would go with the most cost effective with the highest protein. But I am no expert. I also agree a real food breakfast is best but I keep shakes at my desk at work for days I am not prepared with real food so that I at least have something instead of hitting the vending machines.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    firewomen wrote: »
    hola,hay opiniones divididas en torno a herbalife,sin embargo,puedo decirte que es porque no conocen para que esta fabricado, herbalife es un suplemento nutricional,que te puede ayudar a bajar o subir de peso o a mantenerte, pero debes seguir indicaciones para que no haya rebotes,como cualquier otro producto.yo tengo 8 años consumiendolo y lo convino con una buena nutricion,yo lo consumo para baja de peso tomandolo por la mañana y por la noche, eso evita que consuma calorias de mas, de echo toda mi familia lo consume,hasta los bebes..no te hara daño,al contrario,inviertes en salud porque lo que gastarias en sodas,una amburguesa,cigarros o cerveza mejor usalo en buena nutricion,es costo beneficio.solo tu puedes tomar la decicion...

Totally!

• fatboyliz
    fatboyliz Posts: 515 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Weetabix breakfast shakes are really nice - and cheaper than herbalife etc! And and and they have 5g fibre - yaay!