Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Options

Replies

• ShyCush6
    ShyCush6 Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I have been a past MFP user and I'm excited to be joining again. This thread looks awesome! Exactly what helped me lose weight before. Great people who motivate and check in frequently!! I need the accountability to tell others my ups and downs!
    I'm a mom of a 13 year old... Going to be 14 this weekend! Yikes! Where did time go! She's a great student but keeps me very busy with sports and activities.... Please feel free to add me as a friend. Starting out fresh! Hope to be chatting with you all daily! -Shy
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    ronronronj wrote: »
    We just had five birthdays this past month, and all that proved to be quite the caloric challenge!

I have my daughter's birthday this weekend and hoping to behave with the treats! She's having a sleepover and 4 teenage girls all love snacking... I just have to remember I'm not 13 anymore, I can't eat like they can!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So today I'm feeling great! Stuck with great choices and exercised yesterday, and this morning! My scale's battery is dead and I think that is a good thing... I'm a daily weigher and now I can just go by how great I feel! Hard with all the Halloween candy around but sicking to my guns and brushing my teeth right after dinner to avoid the temptation of eating candy! =) Hope all are doing great in this healthy journey!
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    ShyCush6 wrote: »
    So today I'm feeling great! Stuck with great choices and exercised yesterday, and this morning! My scale's battery is dead and I think that is a good thing... I'm a daily weigher and now I can just go by how great I feel! Hard with all the Halloween candy around but sicking to my guns and brushing my teeth right after dinner to avoid the temptation of eating candy! =) Hope all are doing great in this healthy journey!

Hi! Thanks for joining the thread. The scale is the devil. I use to weigh in every day too. Now only once a week at most. I judge by how my clothes fit and measurements. It's more truthful. The scale doesn't take into account water weight, muscle gain vs fat loss, etc. Keep up the good work, and if I can help in anyway, just let me know!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hey Moms and Dads! I am getting ready to start up a couple of virtual fitness challenge/accountability groups to help push us through the holidays. The focus will be on structured exercises, nutrition, and daily support. If you think you might be interested, send me a message and we'll set up a time to chat, and see which one will be a good fit for you. ;)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    In for another day of eating healthy! I stayed right on track yesterday! Got my workout in first thing in the morning and skipped the snacking and soda. Came home to a delicious dinner the hubby made of shrimp, spinach and artichoke alfredo. Yes, I stayed in my calories! =) Hope you all have a great day!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Unofficial rest day for me today. I had to do a wellness check for insurance, so that took up a lot of time. Maybe I will try and get in a mini forced set before I have to go to work ;)
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Ok... so today was hard. Halloween candy all over the office. Late night working so low on sleep and hard to get motivated today. Missed my workout as I was trying to get stuff done for my daughter's Minute to Win it Birthday party this weekend... Plus wanting caffeine to wake up... Hoping to hop on the elliptical in the basement tonight, since I missed the gym this morning! I could spoil myself with a little Grey's Anatomy on Netflix while I workout... Hmmm... tempting!
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Did you get your set in Mike? You seem pretty determined and I'm betting you squeezed it in!
  • GillianSmith2
    GillianSmith2 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I am a mum to 2 teenage boys. A 16 year old and a 14 year old. We have just celebrated bonfire night here in the UK and i managed to stay away from the food stalls at the firework display. Luckily we don't really celebrate Halloween and we don't do thanksgiving at all so my next hurdle will be Christmas.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Welcome Gillian! Teeenage boys will eat you out of house and home!! And two of them at that! I worry when my daughter has her guy friends over as they eat everything in the house! Christmas is a huge hurdle for me. I love making Christmas cookies and it's so hard to resist. It's a family tradition and I hate to not do it. Let's get our stuff together so we don't have to worry about those Christmas hurdles! =)
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    Welcome Gillian! Teeenage boys will eat you out of house and home!! And two of them at that! I worry when my daughter has her guy friends over as they eat everything in the house! Christmas is a huge hurdle for me. I love making Christmas cookies and it's so hard to resist. It's a family tradition and I hate to not do it. Let's get our stuff together so we don't have to worry about those Christmas hurdles! =)

Thank you, yes it is hard with 2 teenagers especially when they are both so very different, my eldest can eat anything and everything in sight and is the lucky one in the family as he is tall, slim and athletic, my youngest however loves anything covered in chocolate which is not so good as he is thicker set. Christmas will be tough with all the goodies but im hoping to get a fitbit so im quiet excited for that, hopefully it will keep me on track.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Awesome! I just got a fitbit myself. And my sister bought one as well, so we are challenging each other! I feel for your younger son... My sister and my older brother were the same way, could eat everything, and here I was every crumb stuck to me! Made it rough.
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    So I had a pretty good weekend. Not as horrible as I assumed with the birthday parties and cake, snacks, etc.... Heading out for the birthday dinner, tonight... my daughter always picks Italian, so I'm counting on a larger dinner, always helps to prepare for it! Hopefully you all had successful weekends! I hit my step count totals for both days so that is an accomplishment as well!
  • GillianSmith2
    Options
    I also had a good weekend. stayed on track with the calories. Went to see my son in the remembrance parade(proud mum moment) lots of walking and time spent with family. I couldn't ask for better.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Did you get your set in Mike? You seem pretty determined and I'm betting you squeezed it in!

Unfortunately I did not. Chores consumed me for the rest of the morning. :neutral: I'm off to a good start this week though!
  • easyrun99
    easyrun99 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me any mom's/dads
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Hi all, I am a mum to 2 teenage boys. A 16 year old and a 14 year old. We have just celebrated bonfire night here in the UK and i managed to stay away from the food stalls at the firework display. Luckily we don't really celebrate Halloween and we don't do thanksgiving at all so my next hurdle will be Christmas.

Welcome Gillian! 2 teenage boys. Yikes., I have 2 teenage daughters. Early teen years, but still scary. My boy is 7. He keeps me going too!

Weekend was to short and quick for us here. My girls and 4 others from our junior racing team had a Junior Olympics cross country meet Saturday morning. 2.5 hour drive to get there. I don't think they expected it to be as challenging as it was. The course was easy, but there was some serious competition there. Yesterday I spent doing chores around the house (They never seem to end).

I got a good leg workout in this morning, catching up with all my support groups, and getting ready for work soon. Hope you all have a fantastic day!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Well, I have my dinners for the next 3 days prepped. It is so much easier when I have them made already. Allows me to have time for other stuff. What do you do to save time later on in the week?
  • ShyCush6
    Options
    Great job Mike!! 3 days of meals prepped! that's awesome! I like making a large meal and having leftovers for lunches too! Recently though I bought all the ingredients for 8 crock pot meals, that way in the morning, I just throw them together and it's all done when I get home!
This discussion has been closed.