Mom's and Dad's looking for support

Replies

• lucyjoon402
    lucyjoon402 Posts: 65 Member
    Feel free to add me!
  • MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Alright, I got my Workout in. I always feel so much better when I'm done. Even if you only can squeeze in 15 - 20 minutes, you will feel so much better and have more energy.

Don't forget, it's Thirsty Thursday. Where's your water bottle at?

3lkhgrbimbrn.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Feel free to add me!

Thanks for joining us. What do you feel you struggle with the most?
  • jadasanders14
    jadasanders14 Posts: 17 Member
    I just have one little 3 year old boy! :)
    tonedby46 wrote: »
    Does anyone have the fitbit flex?
    I have the charge HR. You can feel free to add me on fitbit as well.

https://www.fitbit.com/user/3NJ5TW

• Cece_826
    Cece_826 Posts: 8 Member
    I'm a mom of 2 (boy 19 & girl 15). I've always been slim even after having my kids. Once I hit 32 that all changed. From out of no where 20lbs just appeared. I've been hoping for years that it would just melt away on its own, but no. I'm now faced with this weight loss journey and it's so hard. Any support would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
  • ErinJean7
    ErinJean7 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm a mom of 5. 4 boys and a girl. Ages 8, 6, 5, 3 & 1 ( in a week)
    I've always struggled with weight. My first grader came home crying today because a kid on his bus was teasing him because his mom is fat. So here I am.
  • MikePXstream
    ErinJean7 wrote: »
    I'm a mom of 5. 4 boys and a girl. Ages 8, 6, 5, 3 & 1 ( in a week)
    I've always struggled with weight. My first grader came home crying today because a kid on his bus was teasing him because his mom is fat. So here I am.

That's horrible. I'm sorry he had to deal with that. Clearly the other kids were not taught any manners. Thank you for joining us.
  • MikePXstream
    Cece_826 wrote: »
    I'm a mom of 2 (boy 19 & girl 15). I've always been slim even after having my kids. Once I hit 32 that all changed. From out of no where 20lbs just appeared. I've been hoping for years that it would just melt away on its own, but no. I'm now faced with this weight loss journey and it's so hard. Any support would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the group!
  • MikePXstream
    Hey everyone, I put together this list of 5 things I did to help me get started, stay on track and stay consistent. If you would like to read it, here is the link to receive it. http://eepurl.com/bRdZg5
  • Kimmie827mfp
    Kimmie827mfp Posts: 17 Member
    Hi! I'm a mom of 4. Three boys ages 8,5 & 2. And a girl that just turned 1. I gained and lost about 60 pounds with each baby but I've always been overweight. I'm just about at my pre-pregnancy weight now (lost nearly 50 pounds this past year) but now I want to lose the last 25 so I can be at a healthy weight. I'm a runner, and registered for my first half in Oct. I also got into lifting this past winter but I've been focused on running again so haven't been lifting as much as I like. I'm also in school completing my BSN and I just went back to work per diem. I'm also in charge of cleaning and cooking for the family, so my me time is sparse. I find if I don't run in the morning (like 5a) I usually don't have time during the day. But when the kids are in bed I so want to stay up because it's my only time to myself! So the struggle is real!!
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Mom to two here; one being a teenage girl. Feel free to add me :)
  • MikePXstream
    How many of you watch tv or fool around on your phone or tablet before bed, even within 90 minutes of going to bed, then realize you have a hard time falling asleep? I know I am guilty of this. A friend of mine is reading a book about the importance of sleep and he shared with me how that blue glow from the screens, you know, that one you can see in from 10's of feet away, is a similar blue that triggers hormones in your body that tell it it's time to wake up. I can't remember which hormone at the moment. Anyway, I thought that was interesting, so I tested it out. usually right before bed I am posting one last thing on facebook or similar. Then, takes me about 30 minutes to fall asleep.

So the other night I decided to try it out when I got home from work. The last electronic I looked at was at work, about 70-80 minutes prior to bed time. I resisted the urge. Surprisingly, I was asleep in about 5-10 minutes. Gotta love science right!!!

So if you are one of those, that is using an electronic before bed, try giving it up about 90 minutes prior, and see if that helps you out. Please share if you try it and what your results were.
  • hugsnkisses1
    hugsnkisses1 Posts: 15 Member
    Add me I'm a stay at home mom of 5 great kids and I am taking care of me..... until summer when school let's out help me stay on track add me I need more mfp friends
  • MikePXstream
    Add me I'm a stay at home mom of 5 great kids and I am taking care of me..... until summer when school let's out help me stay on track add me I need more mfp friends

You got it! ;)
  • MikePXstream
    Have you ever wondered what the difference is between a macro-nutrient and a micro-nutrient? You hear of them all the time, but probably still don't understand them.

Well, here is the short of the long if it. A macro-nutrient is the main food of that group. Apples, Salmon, sweet potatoes, broccoli, and avocados. These fruits, vegetables, proteins, starches, and healthy fats are your macro-nutrients.

Micro-nutrietnts are all the little things in those foods. Your vitamins, minerals, and nutrients. So, like in this picture, the apple is the macro-nutrient, and all it's nutrients, vitamins, and minerals are the micro-nutrients.

j1tm66d2mkkx.jpg
  • kbouchard200
    kbouchard200 Posts: 2 Member
    I'm a single mom of 2 girls (11 and 6). Looking for friends for motivation and recipes :)
  • MikePXstream
    I'm a single mom of 2 girls (11 and 6). Looking for friends for motivation and recipes :)

9r9v4d32jzfl.jpg

Here's one for you to try if you haven't.
    Deviled Avocado Eggs

1 dozen hard-cooked large eggs, peeled
    2 medium avocados, seeded with "meat" scooped into a bowl
    4-5 teaspoons lime juice
    ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
    ¼ teaspoon ground red cayenne pepper
    ½ teaspoon salt
    cilantro leaves and/or green onions, chopped, for garnish

Thoughts:
    • Avocados should be ripe but not mushy.
    • Avoid avocados with large indentations on the skin; this could indicate bruising.
    • This recipe is gluten-free

Instructions
    Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out the yolks and place in a medium bowl. (Be careful not to damage the white halves).
    Add avocado to bowl, and mash yolks and avocado thoroughly with a fork until fairly smooth. Add lime juice, garlic powder, cayenne and salt. Stir well to blend all ingredients.
    Place filling in the whites using a small spoon or pipe in with a pastry bag and decorative tube.
    Garnish as desired. Serve immediately or refrigerate in a tightly covered container.
  • MikePXstream
    Ever have one of those days where it starts different and throws off the rest of your day. That was me today. I had to get up early for a meeting, one that could have been an email, go home after meeting because I wasn't going to sit around for 5 hours until my shift started, attempted to take a nap after errands, didn't happen, then back to work, and will be home by 12:30am if I am lucky. Long Long Day!
  • MikePXstream
    Often we can mistake being dehydrated for being tired and hungry. So the next time you're dying to take a nap or feel those nagging hunger pangs, grab a glass of water— not tea, soda, or coffee. It'll hydrate you and fill you up in a way the other stuff won't.

ir37br7cg5v6.jpg
This discussion has been closed.