I recommend "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" (Netflix)

Options
I watched this last night, its more that just the documentary the creator started it out to be and is very uplifting documentary that I found motivational.

Replies

• SarahPlacencia
    Options
    Wow, yea I just watched Fed Up. Really great one also.
  • cutenikki07
    cutenikki07 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    What is it about?
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I watched it a couple of years ago and it is very inspirational because he loses weight which helps him get off of his medication for the autoimmune disease he has. He does juicing, which is controversial because you are drinking your calories and a lot of people don't agree with it because you are likely to gain the weight back once you start eating actual food again. Some people do juicing to jump start their weight loss. I have considered it but never have tried it, and I got a juicer at a rummage sale last summer. I was told by others who have done juicing that they can't make it last longer than a couple of days because they said you are REALLY hungry doing it. I may try it just to replace like one meal sometimes. The guy on the documentary just loses a lot of weight and changes his whole lifestyle, which is an inspiring story to say the least.
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try Friday for 3 days.
  • fat2fit4good
    Options
    thanks for recommending it, I watched it this weekend. To me, the real hero is the truck driver he just happens to meet at a truck stop... now THAT GUY really changes his life! I am not sure I could do juicing, I would be too hungry. I need to fill my stomach with salad, etc... hopefully my stomach is gettign smaller... :-)
  • mnsmileys
    mnsmileys Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You don't have to JUST drink juice. Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead changed my life! I figured out that what I hate the most about fruits and veggies is mostly the texture. No problem with the juice. Most of the juices I make I don't like but I can drink them down fast like a medicine and get my nutrition. I make one juice a day for a snack and now that my body is getting the nutrition it's been screaming for I'm just not as hungry. 75 pounds down! (45 to go)
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    It's a really long infomercial. For juicers.
  • BlueBaron37
    BlueBaron37 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    @fat2fit4good when you juice or use a Nurtibullet you are full from what you have.

@mnsmileys I had the same problem when I juice but what I found out really quickly are 3 things that chance the flavor 1) Ginger 2) Pineapple 3) Berries.

If you like any of those 3 just make sure there's enough to effect flavor. Ginger is the most powerful flavor changer and I love it but even I can't have too much.
  • EmmanuelDiary
    EmmanuelDiary Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I like it very much, I find Joe the juicer funny and motivating.
    I need some friends and support, if someone want to add me, feel free, I'll do the same
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I watched this last night, its more that just the documentary the creator started it out to be and is very uplifting documentary that I found motivational.

It is also a load of crap and extremely biased
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    I don't. It's an informercial disguised as a documentary. You don't need to juice to lose weight. Just stop eating so much damn food.

There's always someone willing to part with their money.
  • ew_david
    ew_david Posts: 3,473 Member
    Options
    My cousin and her husband watched this and did it for about 2-3 weeks. They lost about 20 pounds (both were about 300 # each). In that time, they had nausea, diarrhea, lethargy, and migraines. The day they gave it up, they went out and ate 2-3 weeks of calories in solid food in about 3 hours.

That was about 4 years ago. They are still 300# each.
  • tomsarno
    tomsarno Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    From what I read juicing is not that good. They say (and everyone knows 'they' are always right) that by taking the fiber out in the juicing process the body had a harder time controlling the sugars. The fiber aides in balancing blood sugar during digestion. If anyone has done more research on this topic I would appreciate hearing their thoughts.
  • tennisdude2004
    tennisdude2004 Posts: 5,609 Member
    Options
    What is it about?

Its about a guy with a really cool blender and he travels around with this really cool blender, blending stuff and this blender is awesome.

I think its a really long infomercial about his blender! I only watched the the first 10 minutes and was distracted by how awesome his blender was, then went online to see where I could buy one!

Also - blendings okay to have as part of a diet, but its not very nice to have as your whole diet - although if you do have it as your whole diet, you get to use your awesome blender loads!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I found Ironman pretty inspirational too, but it doesn't mean I'm going to build the suit.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options
    Geez, what kind of blender is it? If it's fascinating enough for a whole infomer...I mean, documentary, then it must be some kind of awesome!
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Geez, what kind of blender is it? If it's fascinating enough for a whole infomer...I mean, documentary, then it must be some kind of awesome!

It's an enchanted money-making blender. Wish I had found it first though :/

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Acg67 wrote: »

It is also a load of crap and extremely biased

QFT

• SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,732 Member
    Options

It's an enchanted money-making blender. Wish I had found it first though :/

I see. So fruit and veggies go in... whiz bang boom...money comes out?
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    With a title like that, how can I resist???