How often do you weigh yourself?

Options
I weigh myself everyday or every other day which I have been told is too much. I know weight fluctuates from day to day but I find it keeps me motivated to weigh in more often! Just wanted to see what other people think/do?

Replies

• M3Kindschi
    M3Kindschi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning and circle the lowest weight for the week and then try to beat that low number the following week!
  • azwen
    azwen Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every morning. I know it fluctuates, and I'm fine with that. When I see number that's a new low, I count that as my new weight. I just disregard the fluctuations within 3 lbs. of that number, and keep going. My trainer also weighs me at the gym about once a month, and does my measurements and body fat %.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    azwen wrote: »
    I weigh myself every morning. I know it fluctuates, and I'm fine with that. When I see number that's a new low, I count that as my new weight. I just disregard the fluctuations within 3 lbs. of that number, and keep going.

That is exactly what I do too:)
  • Glampinupdoll
    Glampinupdoll Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I use to not weigh daily. On my current journey, I have been weighing daily and understanding why things fluctuate! The number is motivation to keep going and/or get back on track from an off day. I dont see the harm in weighing daily as long as you arent obsessing over the number.
  • MrsBrown104
    MrsBrown104 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I asked this too, a few weeks back. I was weighing every day, but it would be +/- 2# everyday. So now I try to just do it sat morning and record that weight.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Started out weekly when i had alot to lose, was constantly seeing 1.5lb per week loss, but as I started to slow my loss down closer to goal i started to weigh bi weekly and now im past my goal im just weighing monthly because im only aiming for 0.5lbs per week.

The main point is weigh as often or as little as you can handle.
  • aeharvey36
    aeharvey36 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily. Yes my weight fluctuates, that's ok. Weighing daily keeps me on track as opposed to weighing once a week or every two weeks and wondering why I gained weight.
  • mandyosetti
    mandyosetti Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself almost every morning bc I find that it keeps me motivated. I realize that it's going to fluctuate and I'm ok with that. I just know that every morning I am going to be accountable to my scale and I need that. Do what works for you, not what someone tells you you should be doing. :)
  • anashnyc
    anashnyc Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know..i weigh myself every day, even though I should not. I just can't help it. Frankly, if i am in the bathroom, I am gonna step on the scale! It's a bad habit, but i dont fret when the scale goes up. I know im on the right path and if you can keep that in mind don't worry.
  • krysty702
    krysty702 Posts: 25 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Once a week
  • Harunan
    Harunan Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Once a day after waking up and going to the bathroom.
  • nosebag1212
    nosebag1212 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    every 4 days
  • thingofstuff
    thingofstuff Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Oh lord, once a week if that. If I did it every day I'd be anorexic again. I take my measurements every 2 weeks though, sometimes more often depending on the season.
  • BadgerFaced
    BadgerFaced Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    When I have doctor's visits.

Too frugal for a scale.

This is what I do as well. I had a nice scale that an old roommate destroyed on me so I just haven't bothered since.
    How often are your doctor's visits Vinegar?
  • meacheez
    Options
    I like to weight myself daily and see how my weight fluctuates through out the day (in the morning, after dinner, and in the evening). I don't do it all the time and I don't get obsessed with the numbers, I just like seeing the rhythm of my body. I currently don't have a scale in my house though, so I don't know how much I weigh. Not too happy about that, but I'll be able to get one soon.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    everyday - and it kinda make me depressed everyday too... but i cant stop myself...
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    every two weeks.
    same scale.
    same conditions.
  • pierro5
    Options
    for me weekly or every 15 days , i move the scale from home to a friend home , so i don't neet to think about it daily , cause everytime i stop on the scale i feel like i am in reall exam and waiting the results , sometimes the results doesn't match your expectations ; if you scale daily and the results is not as expected may that makes you feel dissappointed and will effect your mood which is bad when you are on diet.

i thing for me for the best is weekly or every 15 days.