How is this possible?

Options
124»

Replies

• EatPaleoStyle
    Options
    I eat 85g of protein and 45g of fat a day. On 1470 calories.

I want to ask you what you eat but regardless, doing some maths we get this:

Calories from protein: 340
    Calories from fat: 405
    Calories from carbohydrates: 725

So you are having these macros 27.5/23.2%/49.3% F/P/C

You might want to switch the carbs and fat rations and you will see more results I would go 55/20/25 F/P/C.

Also make sure that you, at least, cut all grains for a while, most of the dairy and refined sugars, then, after 5-8 weeks we talk.
  • nomad1000
    nomad1000 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you need to mix it up a bit and add some low cal/high volume foods (cukes, carrots, spinach, lettuces, green beans, etc.

For lunch, try a big salad with meat. The fiber in the veggies will help keep you full and are low in cals. You can make pretty big salad for those 500 ish lunch cals (assuming you divide your cals into the 3 meals).

And how much water are you drinking? I know that I feel less full when I drink more water.

Another option is to shoot for 400 cal meals and have 2-100 cal snacks. Trying for low cal/ high volume options to help you feel full between meals. Then you won't get to the point where you are feeling so famished.
  • TN239
    TN239 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    If you're prone to late night eating, move your bedtime back an hour or two and/or move your dinner time up an hour or two. Or budget some of your calories to include a healthy low-calorie, filling snack, like a cup of steamed spinach.

Basically what it comes down to is, you need to create a consistent calorie deficit if you want consistent weight loss. Track all of your calories burned and calories eaten, every day. Weigh yourself, every day. If you slip up and eat way more than you know you should? Log that too. You want to give yourself the most accurate information possible so that you can figure out the adjustments you'll need to make to achieve your goals.

f you are supposed to be losing fat but your weight isn't changing, then you know that you've made an error somewhere. Did you forget to log some food you were eating? Did you think you were eating 1 serving of pasta every night when you were actually eating 2 servings? (I've done that.) Are you over-estimating the calories that you burn through physical activities? (Done that, too.) For weight loss, you should err on the side of over-estimating the calories in food, and under-estimating the calories you burn through exercise. That way if you make a mistake, you will still be losing weight.

For serving sizes, it can be very helpful to get a kitchen scale to weigh food. That way you'll know if it's 1.25 servings, instead of 1 serving, or whatever. That adds up.

I find that MFP tends to over-estimate how many calories I burn through most exercise, so I don't eat back those calories. I just use them to help achieve my weight loss goals more quickly - but I do make sure to drink lots of water after I exercise.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Even though you are adamant about how and what you eat and are not willing to change your methodology, please consider these 2 thoughts that may be causing your hunger.

1) you are eating too repetitively and are missing key nutrient: minerals and vitamins. ( eating different foods each day, instead of week, may solve this)

2) you are getting sugar spikes from the amount of fruit that you are eating and the following crash is what is giving you the shaky hunger feelings. ( replacing most of your fruit with veg, ie: celery for apples, avocado for banana etc, may help even out your blood sugar)

If you are that desperate to solve the problem I too would advise tracking daily. Not because you may be over on your calories, but so you can see a more detailed map of your minerals and vitamins. You can look up a more detailed breakdown of your food on the web. MFP lack the detailed info you may need. If all else fails try taking a high quality multi vitamin.

Just my 2c worth that will addresses you initial posts problem.

Cheers, h.