Options
13»

Replies

• trivard676
    trivard676 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    trivard676 wrote: »
    I got a little too excited and my foot came off of an elipitcal. I fell forward onto the terminal. Luckily no one else was there ;D

Did you get it sewed back on?

Nope, it just popped back on ;D
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I got a little too excited and my foot came off of an elipitcal. I fell forward onto the terminal. Luckily no one else was there ;D

Did you get it sewed back on?

Nope, it just popped back on ;D

MADE OF LEGO!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    hah.... and this is why the forums are so great.... ya learn you're not the only one! OP sounds like you already have figured out what you need to do to move forward.

Feels good when you realize your fellow workout mates are dealing with some of the same things and getting right back up, picking up where they left off. :smile:

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I would probably die if I fell off the treadmill, and I've been close a couple times.
    Probably wouldn't die...
  • dbmata
    Options
    I would probably die if I fell off the treadmill, and I've been close a couple times.
    Probably wouldn't die...

I don't know what your gym is like, but the treadmills are in front of a wall of spikes at mine.
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    On Monday I failed at my bench press. Tried to low rack the bar on the save spot just a few inches up and could only get one side on and then was flailing my feet trying to get it up on there all the way, and stuck because I couldn't roll of shame with one side up. Some dude ran over and saved my dumb *kitten*.
    It was especially embarrassing because it's not like my bench numbers are very impressive :(
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Dumbbell press... almost dropped a 30lb on my face after failing the rep.
    Unracking after squats I stood up a little too quick banging my head on the bar.
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    On Monday I failed at my bench press. Tried to low rack the bar on the save spot just a few inches up and could only get one side on and then was flailing my feet trying to get it up on there all the way, and stuck because I couldn't roll of shame with one side up. Some dude ran over and saved my dumb *kitten*.
    It was especially embarrassing because it's not like my bench numbers are very impressive :(

I have done the same when I saw some guy try to put 50 pounds more on bench when he barely got one rep of the previous rep. As soon as he got stuck on his chest I was already running over there to help him. It happens.

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    OP, want a "fail"?

I missed a deadlift at 455 because I held my breath. I went from seeing everything fine, to my vision starry, my gripped slipped, knees buckled, and I spent about 3 minutes sitting on my butt wondering if I was going to pass out.

:)

PS- Don't hold your breath when playing with maxes.

Yup. That's what got me on my butt last week. Only 330, and only a few seconds not a few minutes.

• yankeedownsouth
    yankeedownsouth Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Unracking after squats I stood up a little too quick banging my head on the bar.

Yup, I've done this and ended up with a bump on my head for days. Ouch!

• esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    You should always properly warm-up! I always do a few light reps before busting out the real weight. But yes....if you go to the gym often and you train hard, you will fail or do something embarrassing. Laugh about it. Anyone who see's you and also trains hard will understand. They might laugh with you though, haha. Who care's what anyone else thinks.

Shake, shake it off ;)
  • dbmata
    Options
    OP, want a "fail"?

I missed a deadlift at 455 because I held my breath. I went from seeing everything fine, to my vision starry, my gripped slipped, knees buckled, and I spent about 3 minutes sitting on my butt wondering if I was going to pass out.

Yup. That's what got me on my butt last week. Only 330, and only a few seconds not a few minutes.
    I was a bit gassed, I'm pretty sure I was sandbagging, because walking lunges and leg extensions were next... lol.
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    OP, want a "fail"?

I was a bit gassed, I'm pretty sure I was sandbagging, because walking lunges and leg extensions were next... lol.

I had two sets left ... Then box squats and some back work. And then I had to get my volume bench day done. Yup. That day sucked
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    OP, want a "fail"?

Eugh, brah. You MUST hold your breath or risk turning your spine to dust. ESPECIALLY on max effort deadlifts.
  • dbmata
    Options
    lol, gotta love it. I think I'm going to go back and do another 100 deadlifts today.