calories in vs calories out question.

Options

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    mykaylis wrote: »
    i may be stepping in it here, but why consume that much fat?

mykaylis I will treat your and any like request seriously and with the others I will try to ignore going forward.

It is getting late and I will provide the link below. Yes it is all positive about coconut oil because of the source but just as in dieting not all people will respond the same to the same food item the same is for coconut oil as a food. If you have more questions just ask. Self treatment of any serious condition can carry risks. I do not tell anyone what food to eat or not to eat over the internet nor should others.

organiccoconutoil.info/

• GaleHawkins
    Options
    I was lurking and have a question. Is the coconut oil drunk in a cup or downed in a shot glass, and hiw many ounces/shots is that? Oh, one more question after visiting the loo does it smell like coconuts?

#coffeepee #asparaguspee #pineappleconsumption

when I've taken it I scoop out a teaspoon and eat it straight off the spoon. Coconut oil comes in solid form, unless you melt it.

This is what I do when short of time and feel some pain coming back. :)

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Mr_Knight wrote: »
    You are letting him troll you.

Yup, the new steve account is refining their trolling a touch.

This place desperately needs an "Ignore User" button...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

oh for gods sake, stop being so rude!!!! If you don't like something someone has written ignore it and move on. Pretty flippan easy!
    If you don't have something nice or helpful to contribute, then don't bother. It will make life so much more pleasant for the rest of us!
    Your post was just plain nasty and pointless

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    one would think, with an angry response like that, such a user would WANT an ignore function. lol.
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Single worst decision was removing the ignore feature and allowing any ignored people to be unignored. Woke up one morning and the forums were like

oj8aoizj4s78.gif

• Mr_Knight
    Options

oh for gods sake, stop being so rude!!!! If you don't like something someone has written ignore it and move on. Pretty flippan easy!
    If you don't have something nice or helpful to contribute, then don't bother. It will make life so much more pleasant for the rest of us!

Like I said, this place desperately needs an "Ignore User" button...

• Mr_Knight
    edited December 2014
    Options
    one would think, with an angry response like that, such a user would WANT an ignore function. lol.

1238404fa7388d72c88a4d90cd1408459c407901e745caba72be58e0a9ed8945.jpg
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    If you don't like something someone has written ignore it and move on. Pretty flippan easy!

Is this one of those "Do as I say, not as I do" moments?

• Christine_72
    Options
    Personally I don't even take notice of the authors of posts
  • Mr_Knight
    Options
    Personally I don't even take notice of the authors of posts

Unfocused anger is the best kind.

B)
  • Troodaloo
    Troodaloo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello I have been reading your posts with interest. Here are my views and experience. I am 68 years old. Over the last ten to fifteen years have had to diet due to menopause (bear with me). I have found that when I was younger and more energetic I could lose weight easier than I can now eating the same amount of calories to lose weight. No new science there I know.
    If I stick strictly to a calorie controlled diet with a little exercise I lose weight. If I stick to the same diet with no exercise I still lose weight but slower.

The amazing thing is, joining a slimming group (won't mention which one) I eat very differently and feel odd because I am eating rice, potatoes and pasta (and I don't weigh it but do have a sensible portion) and plenty of fruit and veg. I still lose weight with or without exercise (by that I just mean walking at a slow pace)Tru

The point I am making is so many things have to be taken into consideration for the individual trying to lose weight. Also personal circumstances, stress levels, bodily functions, routines, holidays etc. I have walked 14 miles stuck to a diet and put on 2 lb. Then again I have had a blow out meal one week, stuck to my normal calories for the rest of the week and lost weight. Also I feel quality of food is important (seems to be from personal experience), how it is grown, how it is reared how it is baked, how many chemicals and sugar, just from a taste point of view. We don't know how our body acts towards them long term.

Just thought you may be interested in my discoveries.

• paj315
    paj315 Posts: 335 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    Single worst decision was removing the ignore feature and allowing any ignored people to be unignored. Woke up one morning and the forums were like

oj8aoizj4s78.gif

I had forgotten that movie. It makes your point well. :)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Can't see your posts Gale
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

remove your head from your ... where ever you are keeping it.

You're projecting ALL OVER THE PLACE.

Again- as in the other thread- no one has been rude to you. There was zip/zero/zilch rudeness in that post.

and yes- our job in life is to make life pleasant for everyone else.

Got it. Good to know what my job is. And what's my wages for making your life more better? Does it come with benefits? 401K- pension? what's going on with this position that I've been told I'm doing?
  • Christine_72
    Options
    I've always been like this. I feel the need to stick up for people who I feel are copping a raw deal . whether you guys think you're ganging up or not. I just can't help feeling bad for the "victim", for lack of a better word.
    when I was young I used to always engage in tit for tat on internet forums, and debate til the cows came home!!!!
    But these days I just don't feel the need, nor have I got the time or the patience anymore.

As for being thin skinned. Haha, I'm an Aussie, we're bred tough out here. Maybe I just have too much compassion for the underdog??

Anyway folks the last thing I want to do is go round and round in circles, arguing a point that's not going to get any of us anywhere.

Just wanted to put my point across, as last night I was a tad cranky, obviously :p
  • GaleHawkins
    Options
    Can't see your posts Gale

That could be for the best. :)