Female, 5'9'', 422 pounds, 70 inch waist! O_O

Options

Replies

• rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Welcome back. Friend request sent. And anyone else can add me if they like. The more support the better.
  • b_ray_73
    b_ray_73 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing your story. I think a lot of times emotional eating gets overlooked in the quest to get healthier. For me, part of what's helped is to really look at the times I'm hungry and what I'm feeling at the same time. Sort of an "I think I'm hungry but am I stressed/depressed/anxious/bored or something else that's triggering the hunger?" kind of thing. It really helped me begin to see the differences between when I really am hungry and when it's just old bad habits trying to break in.
  • Rose_bee
    Rose_bee Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I totally have to fight the stress/anxiety eating. Plus when I get heartburn I frequently can't tell if I'm actually getting hungry, or if it's heartburn.
  • UnwrappingCandy
    UnwrappingCandy Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Thank you, gorgeous peoples, for the kindness and virtual friendship. :smile:
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi Candice,

Welcome to MFP. I am a conservative, Catholic, heterosexual. But I don't like mean, intolerant people of any kind. Totally not cool. I don't have much to add except to wish you well on your journey, and ignore any mean idiots that you run into on the boards. They are not worth your time to deal with. Hugs!:smile:
  • UnwrappingCandy
    Options
    Thanks. :)
  • tryingvegan
    tryingvegan Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I wish you the best! MFP is the place to be.
  • stevesilk
    stevesilk Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello Candice,
    I'm so sorry to hear about all of the hurt you've experienced in your life. I admire your courage for sharing so openly. And as a dad, I can only hang my head to hear about how things have been for you. I'm sorry to hear about the hurt and the pain you've experienced. I'll be praying that this is the first step towards the kind of healing you need. It's not just physical, but there's a lot of that too. It's a journey, and there are a lot of people here who want to help.
  • MightyDomo
    MightyDomo Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    My goodness what you have been through! And the strength that you have to have gotten here no matter the ups and downs and to make the decision to get healthy :) It's wonderful!

If you'd like to be friends please send me an invite, I try my best to be helpful and supportive and would love to have you as a friend :)

Best of luck reaching your goals, I know you will get there.
  • missybct
    missybct Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Candy, I'm about to head to bed (it's late here in the UK) but I wanted to give you a stinging high five for being F*CKING BRAVE! You've made a huge step.

I'm going to add you to my friends - a bit about my story is on there and whilst it's not identical, there are elements I completely identify with when I read your story.

I'm also liberal and hate discrimination, so you've got a sounding board there!
  • wanderer2222
    Options
    Hi Candy,

Thank you for sharing your story. That was really brave. I think MFP is a great start, although IMHO (disregard if you like), some therapy might help you confront some of the psychological trauma you've had that have caused the weight gain. Best of luck!!
  • gracekelli
    gracekelli Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey girl...I will be here to support you. I have no homophobic or religious zealot tendencies so you are safe to share with me. I'm your height...but 43 years old and I currently weigh 283. I have NEVER weighed this much, even when I delivered a ten pound infant! So...we can do our best each day, hold each other accountable and give each other encouragement. You are very brave to share and from what I have seen on this site, this is a safe place to do just that.
  • xxempress
    xxempress Posts: 122
    Options
    NEVER give up, sister! Feel free to add me :flowerforyou:
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    Welcome back dear
  • perrinjoshua
    perrinjoshua Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Good for you for starting back here again. The support is behind you and your goals. I love your intolerance issues as well and anytime you want to connect, do so. Best of everything to you.
  • shimmergal
    shimmergal Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    wow! I was in tears reading what you went through hun. Parents kick out the kids just for orientation is totally wrong. With the worst part of your life behind, try to embrace the rest of your life with good spirit and most importantly try to surrond yourself with people who care about you and want the best for you. Don't ever self-pity yourself for what you went through or settle down for less. You deserve the best hun!
    feel free to add me for support.
  • Melroxsox
    Melroxsox Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    Hi Candice,

Welcome to MFP. I am a conservative, Catholic, heterosexual. But I don't like mean, intolerant people of any kind. Totally not cool. I don't have much to add except to wish you well on your journey, and ignore any mean idiots that you run into on the boards. They are not worth your time to deal with. Hugs!:smile:
    same here! welcome back and you got this girl! we're all here for eachother!
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    You have been through a lot and you are brave to try to face it head on. I wish you only the best on this journey. I am on here everyday and try to be supportive to my friends. Feel free to add me.
  • auteurfille22
    auteurfille22 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    You can do this. You have been through so much in your life. I admire you so much for what you have done, and what I know you can and will do. And by the way - thank you so much for creating the LGBT group. I'm also a lesbian and I felt a thousand times more at home on MFP when I found that group - I really really appreciate it. I added you :)
  • UnwrappingCandy
    Options
    You can do this. You have been through so much in your life. I admire you so much for what you have done, and what I know you can and will do. And by the way - thank you so much for creating the LGBT group. I'm also a lesbian and I felt a thousand times more at home on MFP when I found that group - I really really appreciate it. I added you :)

Thank you for joining the group. I am so happy to see what it has become in the time I've been gone. :-)