At what point did you get your rings re-sized?

Options
My wedding/engagement ring have been loose for awhile now, but since we are now having winter weather where I live, I find that they are really, really loose (cold hands all the time). I'm a little worried about losing them, but I would like to stay at my current weight for awhile to be sure I can maintain it before getting them re-sized. Has anyone done it?

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I am not married, but I have an Aggie ring that doesn't fit anymore. I am waiting until I'm at goal weight before getting them resized as I don't want to pay for it more than once. But, a class ring is rather different than a wedding ring.

What if you wore them on a necklace for now until you're done losing? You could also pick up a cheap silver band to mark yourself as "taken" if you're worried about that if you do choose to go the necklace route.
  • fat2strongbeth
    fat2strongbeth Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I've been thinking about getting mine done. I actually haven't worn my wedding and engagement rings for over a month. Both are too big and I'm worried about losing them too. Fortunately, I have my grandma's ring as well and I've been wearing that instead. Was always too tight before and fits perfect now.
  • lisaabenjamin
    lisaabenjamin Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    How about these until you feel confident enough to get them resized?! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Snuggies-Assorted-Pack-Of/dp/B004U39CC0
  • Jesssamesssa
    Jesssamesssa Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I keep thinking about it but i like them being loose. Reminds me of where I was. :)
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Ring snuggies! What a great idea! I see those little things are on sale at Claire's. I gotta get me some of those.

My wedding ring is sitting in a little bowl on the kitchen table waiting for resizing until I achieve my goal, still thirty pounds away.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    How about these until you feel confident enough to get them resized?! http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ring-Snuggies-Assorted-Pack-Of/dp/B004U39CC0

Brilliant!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Ring snuggles are the best.. btw, get your ring resized in the worse heat wave ever after 3 pm.. your hands will be at max swell usually then.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Thinking about getting my band done for Xmas. I haven't had any luck finding resizers.
  • kittenful
    kittenful Posts: 318 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Halfway through my weight loss, I went to Helzberg (where I bought my ring) to get my ring cleaned and asked about a ring adjuster. They put one on right then and there, free of charge.

I got it resized last month, after being at maintenance for a few months and deciding it was finally time.
  • mrsmcmo
    mrsmcmo Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am at my GW (I think), I just want to be sure I can maintain this. Those ring snuggies are brilliant, I think I will look into getting some! Thanks!
  • Changeisachoice
    Changeisachoice Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I had mine resized when they fell off my finger into the dairy case at the grocery store. They are loose again now but trying to hold off because my fingers are bigger in the summer and I don't want them too tight.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    What I've done is get a cheap fake ring from Amazon. My real ring is tucked away, safe until I'm done losing weight.
  • clarion_r
    clarion_r Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Mine is quite wide, so I can't get it resized :( The jeweller I went to suggested I get balls instead - which are just gold balls attached to the inside of the ring. They take up the slack, but also leave enough 'gap' to accomodate my finger if it swells.

That's the plan anway, I pick it up tomorrow!
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    There isn't any place near me to get them sized. I've been wearing my rings on my middle finger- or sometimes my index finger (at the end of workouts.) I'm a bit leery of having them fixed... I may wait until summer, when it's humid.
  • JenD1066
    JenD1066 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Just ordered a ring snuggie from Amazon! Thanks to all for posting that!
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Options
    After having our rings go from snug to loose to too snug again over the years, for our 15th anniversary we had our names tattooed in a ring on our fingers. We figured by that point we weren't rushing into any hasty decisions we may later regret. And if we regret anything later it will be having spent all that time together and they will serve as permanent reminders!
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    mrsmcmo wrote: »
    My wedding/engagement ring have been loose for awhile now, but since we are now having winter weather where I live, I find that they are really, really loose (cold hands all the time). I'm a little worried about losing them, but I would like to stay at my current weight for awhile to be sure I can maintain it before getting them re-sized. Has anyone done it?

My rings got really lose but aren't any more, even though I've lost more weight. At one point a few years ago my wedding ring even fell off. No more. My fingers also get thicker or thinner depending both on the weather, as you say, and how much salt I've eaten.

I had thought to have my rings my resized, but decided not to. After a few years, I'm happy about this decision. And besides, now I am at exactly the same weight (maybe 2 pounds less) than I was when I got married 33 years ago. So they must have fit about the same then as they do now. :)

P.S. When they're really lose I wear my wedding ring on a chain.

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I have always had tiny fingers, even at 300 lb I wore a size 5.5 ring. Now I wear a 4. My wedding ring is a 5, but it's silver so not as easily resized and it's a very inexpensive ring...my husband and I are waiting until the artisan starts making it again and she promised to do it in a 4. Right now my ring's pretty much falling off. Ah well.
  • hannahrichins
    Options
    I've actually been wondering the same thing! My ring keeps swinging around my finger and I'm worried one day it's just going to go flying. Part of me thinks that my fingers are smaller from losing weight, but I also think it has a lot to do with cold weather.. I'm thinking I'll wait until the summer to see how my hands do when they're swollen from heat :) The ring snuggies seem awesome though!