30 Day Shred!! Who's with me?!

Options

Replies

• wmchick81
    wmchick81 Posts: 273
    Options
    L1D6 (I think) completed! I was finally able to get through at least one set of push ups without stopping. I don't know why the push ups are so hard. I can PUSH through everything else except the push ups. Guess my arms are too scrawny and weak right now.
  • wmchick81
    Options
    L1D7 finished this morning. I actually went back thru all my exercise and checked to make sure I had the day correct. It does get slightly easier every day. I find that once I get through circuit 1, the rest seems much simpler.
  • countrygirlsoul
    Options
    Alright, another day of shredding done!! It felt really good to workout today as I was camping all weekend and didn't do it at all for three days. :ohwell: On the upside I spent my time doing lots of walking and a bit of fishing so I wasn't completely still all weekend. Here's hoping that I can get to level three by the end of the week!!

Great to see everyone else is doing so well too! :smile:
  • wmchick81
    Options
    L1D8 done. I can't believe I've actually made it three days in a row. I definitely slower starting today. I had to take a break half way to get my 4 year old breakfast, but then I went back and finished the rest. It is getting easier.
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Hi, I'm Trace and I'm a 30 DS dropout. Ok, not really. I've been on vacation for the last 2 weeks and didn't have a dvd player so I could shred while I was gone. But, I'm home now and jumping right back in where I left off: L2D9 today. I'm actually looking forward to it. Although I lost lbs while on vacation, I definitely notice the difference in my belly/abs and it's not a god difference! I'm ready to be back on my 30 DS schedule.

Hello to any newbies who joined while I was away!
  • munkiesmom
    munkiesmom Posts: 11
    Options
    I'm in starting today
  • LittlePam
    LittlePam Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi Trace,

I'm a newbie. Just joined on Monday. I was thinking about doing the Shred. What do you think of it? I am way out of shape but it seems to get so many good reviews. Let me know and maybe I'll get it today and start with you!

Great to hear that you still lost lbs on your vacation.

Pam
  • bnading
    bnading Posts: 8
    Options
    Alright Everyone, you have me interested. I can go purchse the DVD tonight, but what do I need at home to do the workouts?
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    Alright Everyone, you have me interested. I can go purchse the DVD tonight, but what do I need at home to do the workouts?

Just a dvd player, a mat if you're working out on a hard surface, and hand weights (whatever lb your comfortable with -- I use 3's).
  • my2loves04and06
    Options
    I was thinking about doing the Shred. What do you think of it?

I really like it! I can't say I love it because I don't really like to workout, but I do see results so I keep doing it. I've lost 7.5" total in the 18 days (workouts) I've done. It def works.
  • wmchick81
    Options
    L1D9 DONE!! I'm starting to get nervous about moving to L2 but I want to see results (as Jillian says so many times in the 20 mins) I also use 3 pound weights. I think maybe after going through the thirty days I MIGHT increase the weight, but I guess I'll wait until I actually finish it to see. Trace- good for your for coming back. I also quit back in April and came back in June.
  • Plantpot
    Plantpot Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I got my Shred DVD last week, I did it a couple of time and could not believe how hard it is, I do a bit of running and other workouts and actually thought I was fairly fit!!!! The DVD was very tough!!!! :noway: :noway: I have not done weights for a while, and clearly have NO strengh!!! :laugh: :laugh: So this seems like a good group for me to join!!!!

I go to Ibiza for my Hen do in 4 weeks :drinker: :drinker: and get married in 8 weeks, so am up for the challange..... Good Bye bingo wings.......

Although I have done the DVD 4 times, 3 on level 1, and I didn 1 & 2 on Friday, I will start the 30 days today, and will commit to doing at least 20 mins a day, even if doing other workouts!!!! :wink:

Has anybody done the plan before? If so, what results did you get..... I need all the encouragement I can get!!!! :happy: :happy:

Good Luck Everybody, I will be back shortly to logg my first shred!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Plantpot
    Options
    Did my shred!!! Day one, level one...... Done!!! Or D1L1!!! Ha ha,did a 1 mile run afterwards as well as fast as I could to get that extra burn on!!!! :noway: :noway:
  • skywalker
    skywalker Posts: 1,533
    Options
    Welcome to all the new faces! I'm the one who started this thread and I've been slacking on my Shredding :grumble: On the other hand, I've ridden over 500 miles in that time :laugh: I will definitely try to squeeze in 2 Shreds this week between bike rides :happy:

Great job, everyone and Happy Shredding :drinker:
  • wmchick81
    Options
    L1D10 DONE!!! It feels great to have gotten through the first level. I'm nervous about moving up, but hope to try it tomorrow morning! Wish me luck!
  • Plantpot
    Options
    Did my shred yesterday, so thats L1D2 Done!!! Got to get todays done now!!! Have good days everyone!!! :wink: :wink:
  • mpos
    mpos Posts: 55
    Options
    L1D1, finally! I have been meaning to start the shred for 2 weeks and have not been able to. I have been doing some running though. I'm using the "Couch to 5K" program. Today, I choked during the 3rd day of week 6 and figured that maybe my body was tired...getting home - felt guilty not finishing the 25mins straight of running so decided to break out the Shred DVD.

It felt good! My thighs and arms were burning a bit -- also was sweating to the max. I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next few weeks to see how my body gets toned.
  • Plantpot
    Options
    Just done day 3 on level 1!!! Still enjoying it!!!! Have good weekends everyone and happy shredding!!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • wmchick81
    Options
    Mpos- I am also doing the couch 2 5K program. Is yours on the ipod/iphone? I am only on week 3 and it is kicking my butt. Do you do it on a treadmill or outdoors?

L2D1 FINISHED! At first I thought L2 was a lot easier and then it got to circuit 3 and I thought I was going to pass out. The strength moves were tough to say the least.
  • LisaKC
    LisaKC Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    @skywalker and others: I did the shred for the first time today. Apparently, the cycling isn't keeping me in the shape I'd like! The pushups were the worst for me.
    For others, I also recently started C25K, and am on week 2 of that.
    Tomorrow, I am scheduled for shred, C25K, and cycling, to try out a new seat I got for my bday. Whew!