Finished Bulking! Onto New Goals! [Image Heavy]

Fujiberry
Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
edited November 2014 in Success Stories
So I've been bulking for about a year.

This is a several months before I started bulking. This was me at my 'unhealthy heaviest' (113 lbs).
w15myr.jpg

Then me after losing a teeny bit of weight...
vztmlakk91hj.jpg

And then after bulking (me at my 'healthiest heaviest' (115 lbs.)--
11ih3is.jpg
xdy22w.jpg
1hvbpesiwk1u.jpg

I would like to continue bulking for another year, but over the course of several months, I've become incredibly inspired to try powerlifting. I joined an all-women Facebook group for powerlifters and I'm so happy to see how positive they are and that there's really no 'broscience' to be found. I also took up a board position at my university's Bodybuilding and Powerlifting Organization. I decided that for now, I'm putting my goal of competing as a bodybuilder on the back burner and I'll be focusing on increasing my strength as a powerlifter. I plan on competing in a local meet in mid-Feb.

Training for bodybuilding has made me reevaluate my disordered eating habits and has given me a healthy relationship with food as well as a confidence in my body that I never had before. With this new goal in mind, I hope to develop an even better mindset-- humble (someone will ALWAYS be stronger than me), but confident in the things my body can perform.

Onto my new journey! :)

CURRENT STATS :
5'2"
115 lbs.
Squat 205x1
Bench 105x1
Deadlift 200x1

GOALS FOR FEB-MARCH :
225-240 Squat
115-120 Bench
220-230 Deadlift

2.jpg 301.4K
38.jpg 59.5K

Replies

• Cleblanc87
    Cleblanc87 Posts: 2 Member
    Looking strong, nice lifts, keep it up!
  • Fujiberry
    Cleblanc87 wrote: »
    Looking strong, nice lifts, keep it up!
    Thank you so much! :blush:

• larosa217
    larosa217 Posts: 41 Member
    good job! keep up the great work!
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Wow, nice! You look so strong and lean! I hope to be like you someday :)
  • Fujiberry
    threnjen wrote: »
    Wow, nice! You look so strong and lean! I hope to be like you someday :)

I'm sure you'll get to your goal soon! MFP is a great way to keep motivated. :smiley:
  • kharev
    kharev Posts: 19 Member
    those are some really good numbers. Impressive. Best of luck
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Whoa.

Well done.
  • Fujiberry
    kharev wrote: »

Ah, thank you! That's actually one of my main worries for powerlifting. My numbers are 'impressive' for a casual lifter, but definitely not powerlifting competitive. I'll be working on hitting PRs! : D
  • dbmata
    Fujiberry wrote: »

Ah, thank you! That's actually one of my main worries for powerlifting. My numbers are 'impressive' for a casual lifter, but definitely not powerlifting competitive. I'll be working on hitting PRs! : D

Don't worry about being competitive.

I'm going to compete in a comp in january, shooting for 100kg class, and my best lift, DL is currently 435 max.

I'm just going because I'm very sure I'll look friggin' sexy in a singlet.
  • Fujiberry
    dbmata wrote: »

Don't worry about being competitive.

I'm going to compete in a comp in january, shooting for 100kg class, and my best lift, DL is currently 435 max.

I'm just going because I'm very sure I'll look friggin' sexy in a singlet.
    I know that I should just go into my first meet and treat it as a learning experience, but I have to admit that I'm pretty terrified of embarrassing myself in front of people. >__> So I want to at least be somewhat confident in my lifts. I'm not going to be disappointed if I don't reach my goal PRs in time, but I'm still going to shoot for them. :)
  • dbmata
    oh for sure, keep pushing hard, just don't set unreasonable expectations, and you'll kick *kitten*.
  • CherryChan81
    CherryChan81 Posts: 264 Member
    Well Done! You look amazing! o:)
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Amazing! I'm seriously impressed.
  • zezelryck
    zezelryck Posts: 251 Member
    Wow ;-)
  • sbrookes9
    sbrookes9 Posts: 445 Member
    Oh WOW! Well done! (*)
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    You look awesome. Congrats!
  • SideSteel
    SideSteel Posts: 11,068 Member
    Successful bulk, nicely done!
  • redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    You look fantastic!
  • MagnumBurrito
    MagnumBurrito Posts: 1,070 Member
    Well done!
  • MargueriteMuguet
    MargueriteMuguet Posts: 230 Member
    Impressive!
  • Fujiberry
    Thanks for the support, everyone! : D
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,961 Member
    Very impressive... and I'm interested in knowing which facebook group that was?
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Those legs! Very impressive numbers for someone your size! Especially that squat... dang.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 992 Member
    You look amazing. I'm jealous of your quads especially! nice work!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    Ugh I want to be in the position to bulk lol. I really love your legs.

Also, when bulking did you find you preferred a certain rep range? I know for myself I want some extra size for sure but I definitely want a very compact look - I often see women with large legs like yours but they are also very jiggly, which I do NOT want!

Good luck in your eventual competition!
  • Fujiberry
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Very impressive... and I'm interested in knowing which facebook group that was?

Belle of the Bar! :) They're incredibly friendly.
  • Fujiberry
    ana3067 wrote: »

Also, when bulking did you find you preferred a certain rep range? I know for myself I want some extra size for sure but I definitely want a very compact look - I often see women with large legs like yours but they are also very jiggly, which I do NOT want!

I like the 6-8 rep range. Maybe 10 max once in a blue moon. :)
    I think that look has more to do with the fact that those women were already carrying extra fat on their thighs. I tend to carry more of my weight/fat in my midsection (you can sort of tell from my 'before' picture), so my legs were in desperate need of size in the first place.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Wow! You look incredible!
  • Fujiberry
    arrrrjt wrote: »
    Those legs! Very impressive numbers for someone your size! Especially that squat... dang.

Thank you so much! :D
    Haha, I'm definitely quad dominant. My hamstrings and arms need to catch up!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »

I like the 6-8 rep range. Maybe 10 max once in a blue moon. :)
    I think that look has more to do with the fact that those women were already carrying extra fat on their thighs. I tend to carry more of my weight/fat in my midsection (you can sort of tell from my 'before' picture), so my legs were in desperate need of size in the first place.

Ah yes, they probably just aren't as lean as I'd like to be in terms of body fat %. Really nice to see that the rep range you mention helped you achieve these results, as this is the range I was going to stick with once I bulk! Thanks :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!