Replies

• Fujiberry
    Fujiberry Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the support, everyone! : D
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,931 Member
    Options
    Very impressive... and I'm interested in knowing which facebook group that was?
  • arrrrjt
    arrrrjt Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Those legs! Very impressive numbers for someone your size! Especially that squat... dang.
  • SapiensPisces
    SapiensPisces Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I'm jealous of your quads especially! nice work!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Ugh I want to be in the position to bulk lol. I really love your legs.

Also, when bulking did you find you preferred a certain rep range? I know for myself I want some extra size for sure but I definitely want a very compact look - I often see women with large legs like yours but they are also very jiggly, which I do NOT want!

Good luck in your eventual competition!
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Very impressive... and I'm interested in knowing which facebook group that was?

Belle of the Bar! :) They're incredibly friendly.
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »

Also, when bulking did you find you preferred a certain rep range? I know for myself I want some extra size for sure but I definitely want a very compact look - I often see women with large legs like yours but they are also very jiggly, which I do NOT want!

I like the 6-8 rep range. Maybe 10 max once in a blue moon. :)
    I think that look has more to do with the fact that those women were already carrying extra fat on their thighs. I tend to carry more of my weight/fat in my midsection (you can sort of tell from my 'before' picture), so my legs were in desperate need of size in the first place.
  • chesnity3
    chesnity3 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look incredible!
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    arrrrjt wrote: »
    Those legs! Very impressive numbers for someone your size! Especially that squat... dang.

Thank you so much! :D
    Haha, I'm definitely quad dominant. My hamstrings and arms need to catch up!
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,624 Member
    Options
    Fujiberry wrote: »
    ana3067 wrote: »

I think that look has more to do with the fact that those women were already carrying extra fat on their thighs. I tend to carry more of my weight/fat in my midsection (you can sort of tell from my 'before' picture), so my legs were in desperate need of size in the first place.

Ah yes, they probably just aren't as lean as I'd like to be in terms of body fat %. Really nice to see that the rep range you mention helped you achieve these results, as this is the range I was going to stick with once I bulk! Thanks :)
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • orchidee1987
    orchidee1987 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wow ! Impressive lifts ! I also really really like your lean and strong look !
  • Fujiberry
    Options
    Wow ! Impressive lifts ! I also really really like your lean and strong look !

Thank you! I actually really wanted the strong, 'bulky', full look, so I was at a 700 surplus, but I think this is just how my body is. I am enjoying the lean and strong look as well though! :)
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! I'm competing in my first powerlifting competition this weekend, so I'll friend you! I'm nervous as well but excited beyond anything.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Looking fantastic! Your back is making me drool...

Good luck with powerlifting; your lifts are already off to a great start. Not to mention you can lift more than me and I outweigh you by 70lbs... :grumble:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    WTG! That is a really dramatic transformation.
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Fujiberry wrote: »

Great job! I'm with you on the rep range. I can barely stand 8 reps.

• logg1e
    logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    I really admire your numbers there, and the fact that this has taken so much commitment over so much time. Inspirational.
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    :o You're awesome!
  • Travis_2
    Travis_2 Posts: 1,445 Member
    Options
    That's all kind of awesome!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!