13»

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    lynn1982 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    First of all, you should be worrying about yourself, not her. You two can be the exact same age, weight and height and you're not going to lose at the same rate anyway.

This. Plus, it's not a contest. Maybe you need to grow up a bit.

Seriously? He even prefaced his whole post with "that might be a bit of an exaggeration but I'm feeling rather bitter". I get where he's coming from. His other half has given up the journey she had started with him, yet she lost weight (granted not a lot). He's frustrated. We all have moments like those at some point or another where it feels like all our hard work is getting us nowhere. If my pants didn't fit better I wouldn't know I've lost nearly 30 pounds, because to me my body looks the same (the face a bit too, until someone takes a picture of me and then I'm like "what the hell, I still have more than one chin?!").

And yes OP, you should likely talk to her about being frustrated that she's not kept up with what she agreed to. This is why I just quietly went about my own business without having my husband be part of it. My weight loss journey is mine.

Yes, seriously. According to the title of this post, the OP thinks she (according to her profile, the OP is female) is being punished. As long as the OP treats this like a contest and compares herself to others, she is never going to succeed in the long run. Maybe you don't want to hear the bitter truth and maybe she doesn't either, but she needs to grow up and take responsibility, not compare herself to her partner who is probably still eating at a deficit and therefore is losing weight. Furthermore, her partner lost .4 of a pound more than she did. That can be water weight or bowel movement...sorry, but it's true. So yes, she needs to grow up. Seriously.
    randomtai wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    First of all, you should be worrying about yourself, not her. You two can be the exact same age, weight and height and you're not going to lose at the same rate anyway.

This. Plus, it's not a contest. Maybe you need to grow up a bit.

Seriously? He even prefaced his whole post with "that might be a bit of an exaggeration but I'm feeling rather bitter". I get where he's coming from. His other half has given up the journey she had started with him, yet she lost weight (granted not a lot). He's frustrated. We all have moments like those at some point or another where it feels like all our hard work is getting us nowhere. If my pants didn't fit better I wouldn't know I've lost nearly 30 pounds, because to me my body looks the same (the face a bit too, until someone takes a picture of me and then I'm like "what the hell, I still have more than one chin?!").

And yes OP, you should likely talk to her about being frustrated that she's not kept up with what she agreed to. This is why I just quietly went about my own business without having my husband be part of it. My weight loss journey is mine.

Yes OP should grow up.... policing what people eat is a waste of energy that he should be focusing on himself.

Okay next time either one of you posts complaining ... I'm going to tell you to grow up. Seem fair?

You will be waiting a LONG time. I don't complain, I find results.