Connecting Garmin Connect to Myfitnesspal

Options
My garmin connect wasn't synching to myfitnesspal, so I decided to disconnect and then try to reconnect, but for some odd reason I don't know how to reconnect.

Help Please!?!?

Replies

• loratliff
    loratliff Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Mine just stopped syncing yesterday and I can't figure out why... Now I'm afraid to disconnect it!
  • beautifulciera
    beautifulciera Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    loratliff wrote: »
    Mine just stopped syncing yesterday and I can't figure out why... Now I'm afraid to disconnect it!

right!! mines stopped working yesterday too. I disconnected and now I can't reconnect...I'm going to call customer service tomorrow if no one here helps me out...
  • sezzytucker
    Options
    On another discussion board about this MFP have said they are aware of a problem and are looking into it. Fingers crossed.
  • klwells08
    klwells08 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Troubling! My vivofit is scheduled to arrive today. I chose it because Garmin Connect talks to MFP and the fit connects to a HRM. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon.
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    So I called customer service 913-397-8200 ...and they reconnected my app with no problem. Isn't that something....so hopefully my calorie adjustment starts syncing soon
  • gobonas99
    gobonas99 Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    mine worked fine on Friday, but didn't work on Sunday (not even manually syncing on the GC end). I was able to manually sync it last night (again on the GC end)...but it's still not automatically syncing today. grrrrr... :angry:
  • gobonas99
    Options
    On another discussion board about this MFP have said they are aware of a problem and are looking into it. Fingers crossed.

where? I can't find it...
  • trekkersforever
    Options
    gobonas99 wrote: »

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1781541--myfitnesspal-and-garmin-withings-sync-issues
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    klwells08 wrote: »
    Troubling! My vivofit is scheduled to arrive today. I chose it because Garmin Connect talks to MFP and the fit connects to a HRM. Hopefully, it will get fixed soon.

Now and again all of the services have glitches in their mutual connections. Generlly it's an API release issue and it's fixed fairly promptly. Irritating when it does happen though.

• gobonas99
    Options

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/1781541--myfitnesspal-and-garmin-withings-sync-issues

thanks! :)

I really wish they would broadcast these issues (they HAVE to know who has what apps synced), so we would know something's up. :neutral_face:
  • G8rRay
    G8rRay Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Mine was working on Saturday (29 Nov 2014), but not since. I sent an email to MFP support yesterday (01 Dec 2014) and received a reply indicating they are aware of an issue, are working to discover and fix the problem, and...stay tuned.

It is irritating but, at least, MFP acknowledged right away; I also posted to Garmin Connect forum but haven't heard a peep.
  • gobonas99
    Options
    good luck getting a response from Garmin....from what I've read, they're worse than MFP (but better than Polar). LOL :stuck_out_tongue:
  • BuddhaMom74
    Options
    Mine stopped working on Sun as well, and, like the rest of you, disconnected, then re-connected. As of right now it will sync activities (so, my run from my forerunner and my workout that I track manually), but it won't sync steps recorded from my vivofit. Frustrating indeed!
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    good luck getting a response from Garmin....

There is a response on their forums identifying the problem, but suggesting that it's intermittent and now down to a backlog of traffic.

There's no identification of an issue at the Garmin end, it seems to be all about MFP propagating traffic outbound.
  • gobonas99
    Options
    Mine stopped working on Sun as well, and, like the rest of you, disconnected, then re-connected. As of right now it will sync activities (so, my run from my forerunner and my workout that I track manually), but it won't sync steps recorded from my vivofit. Frustrating indeed!

yep...it won't sync weight, either.

• msteingr
    msteingr Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    hmmm I thought i was the only one, I have Withings scale and garmin F2 and the VS, and all synced flowless , I ot my weight to MFP and then to GC an steps and workout all, but last wek it stoped syning Weight still synced mi workoutouts from F2 to MFP, but as well this stoped sunday, o today nothing syncs with nothing, I will wait and see, hopefully it will do the back loog as well when it comes back..
  • jenny3008
    jenny3008 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    mine won't sync but I thought it was down to the iphone Health app messing everything up.
    Maybe I misjudged the poor app
  • beautifulciera
    Options
    yeah for now...I'm just transferring everything over manually until they fix this bug. I'm not really sure who to blame --- if it's mfp or garmin connect. But according to garmin connect, they are not even aware that it's even a problem. When I called customer service, tom told me that I was his first call about the issue.
  • MeanderingMammal
    Options
    MFP is the only Garmin integration that's not working. That suggests problem at this end.
  • gobonas99
    Options
    MFP is the only Garmin integration that's not working. That suggests problem at this end.

there's a shocker LOL :)