Quest bars?

Options
124»

Replies

• Lourdesong
    Lourdesong Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    -what was your experience with eating quest bars? did they make you full easily?

Some flavors make me feel full easily. Chocolate Brownie was the most filling bar flavor I've tried. As someone else said, it was hard, chewy, and - bizarrely - really oily. Despite it being the most filling bar, I wouldn't repurchase that flavor and it was the worst flavor of all the flavors I've tried, very bland.

-what is another cheaper place to get them other than GNC?

I buy mine from Drugstore dot com. Cashback dollars and sales through that website make the final price a wee bit more tolerable than the obnoxious "fake sale" price of $25.

-which is the tastiest flavor?
    I would repurchase White Chocolate Raspberry and Chocolate Chip Cookie dough. Those 2 flavors are really tasty.

-do they usually taste good?
    Chocolate Brownie, Apple Pie, and Cookies and Cream didn't taste all that good to me. And they smelled like feet to me.

-are they worth the extra bucks?

No. It's a 60 gram bar, no 60 gram bar is "worth" $2 or more. I don't feel motivated to rationalize the ridiculous pricetag in the least.

-would u recommend them to other people?

Yes, on sale. A "for real" sale, that is, not the fake sale price.

-how long do they keep you full for?

2-3 hours.

• PugBug20
    PugBug20 Posts: 55
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I LOVE Quest bars! They're expensive, but totally worth it, in my opinion. To answer your questions:

My experience:
    I'm obsessed with Quest bars (a box doesn't last me longer than a week!). I could live on protein bars alone and these are my favorite. If you're watching your weight, they're a calorie bargain (all under 200 calories). They're much higher in protein than most lower calorie protein bars and much larger, too. And yes, they are very filling!

Where to buy:
    Check their website because sometimes they have good deals. Other than that, GNC has the best deals.

Favorite flavors:
    I've tried almost every flavor and these are my top five:
    1. White Chocolate Raspberry
    2. S'mores
    3. Chocolate Brownie
    4. Banana Nut Muffin
    5. Cookies & Cream

Do they taste good?:
    I've never tried one that I didn't like, but I like some more than others. Some of them have huge chunks of chocolate and taste like candy bars. Others have a strange texture, but if you microwave them for a few seconds or pop them in the oven for a few minutes, it does the trick!

Are they worth the price?:
    Absolutely, in my opinion.

Would I recommend them?:
    Yes! I'm recommending them to you!

For how long do they keep you full?:
    It depends on a variety of external factors (how much I've eaten that day, whether or not I've worked out, etc.), but at least two hours.

Anything else:
    I would highly recommend their protein chips! I've heard mixed reviews, but I personally love them. Their taste and texture is identical to baked potato chips and they keep me full for hours.