Replies

• Tigg_er
    Tigg_er Posts: 22,001 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Tigg_er wrote: »
    FredDoyle wrote: »
    mfp2014mfp wrote: »
    At the risk of returning back to the point of the thread :wink: Theres a website called Worlds Healthiest Foods http://www.whfoods.com/ I love this website, it has detailed information on the vitamin/mineral breakdown (amongst other things like clinical trials linked to food as medicine) of these foods and how they help to keep your body in a state of good health. Im sure everyone in this thread could get something from this site evn if it is only a recipe.

You're right about everyone getting something...
    It sure gave me a headache (and almost a seizure).
    It's like Geocities rose from the dead.

gtih5aj0ja17.png

Gave me a headache to, a simple question turns into a cluster ?

welcome to MFP.... and the internet in general. You must be new here! lol

Is 2 years new ?

• jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Protein does not cause insulin spikes. It gives a nice long, slow energy release. Would that make it super-clean?
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    Protein does not cause insulin spikes.

Yes, it does.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    No it doesn't. I was a diabetic type 2 for years. It is a slow energy release. Sugars are fastest, carbs second, protein third, and fat a distant fourth.
  • jgnatca
    Options
    Awww, you made me go check my facts. Carbohydrates are metabolized in 2-5 hours, protein, 12 hours. Whey (a protein) is a special case however, metabolizing in 1.5 hours. So Whey could inspire our pancreas to spike an insulin response.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    No it doesn't.

Yes, it does. Do you really need us to post the clinical studies?

• mfp2014mfp
    mfp2014mfp Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    At the risk of returning back to the point of the thread :wink: Theres a website called Worlds Healthiest Foods http://www.whfoods.com/ I love this website, it has detailed information on the vitamin/mineral breakdown (amongst other things like clinical trials linked to food as medicine) of these foods and how they help to keep your body in a state of good health. Im sure everyone in this thread could get something from this site evn if it is only a recipe.

Wasn't pretty enough for you to get past the looks and into the content?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I trust the CDC. Who else would I trust? A Witch Doctor? If the CDC recommends picking whole grain more often, it is a healthier choice.

Depends.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

Wasn't pretty enough for you to get past the looks and into the content?
    I don't care about pretty. If a site is so unintuitive (or designed for a tablet) I can't be bothered. Life is too short and I'm too old. :)
  • dbmata
    Options
    Let's see, in my pantry?

Spices
    Staples
    Dried meats
    Cheeses
    Mushrooms
    Winter squashes
    potatoes, onions
    Bread rarely
    thyme vodka
  • dbmata
    Options
    zyxst wrote: »
    I forgot about chocolate. Is that natural? I know it's processed because I don't eat the bean.

Try the bean sometime, excellent.
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    As if the original posting didn't get enough flak, I just read it as "Most natural panty essentials."

My pantry is pretty small. We have:

Olive oil
    Low sodium soy sauce
    vanilla
    lentils
    brown rice
    5 minute steel cut oats
    Honey Bunches of Oats
    Tasty Bite Lentils
    no fat refried beans
    pinto beans
    tuna fish
    tomato sauce
    roasted seaweed
    sliced raw almonds
    raisins
    herbal tea
    blue corn tortilla chips or whole grain crackers, depending on what hubby requests
    some kind of chocolate - I usually get something different with each refill
    red skin potatoes
    onions
    fruit
    PB
    pistachios
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Picking whole grain pasta more often remains a superior choice.

LOL …still does not address as to why a whole grain noodle is cleaner than a regular noodle..

so people who eat whole grain noodles are superior to those that do not???? Interesting...

Because whole grain pasta has a lower GI which, in turn, does not cause your insulin to spike as high as white pasta (and flour) would. White flour spikes your insulin higher than a candy bar.

LOL …still does not address as to why a whole grain noodle is cleaner than a regular noodle..

so people who eat whole grain noodles are superior to those that do not???? Interesting...

Because whole grain pasta has a lower GI which, in turn, does not cause your insulin to spike as high as white pasta (and flour) would. White flour spikes your insulin higher than a candy bar.

so is protein unclean then, because, you know, insulin spikes..???
    TROLL
    In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people,[1] by posting inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the deliberate intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[4]

Can we have that ignore button back yet?

LOL so I questioning the notion that foods that cause insulin spikes are unclean is trolling? OK …just because you want it to be so does not make it so …

No. Trolling is trolling. Putting words in people's mouths for the sake of being annoying is trolling.
  • dbmata
    Options
    oh yeah, olive oil, avocado oil, butter, coconut oil, vanilla sugar, brown sugar, turbinado sugar, maple sugar, maple syrup.
    Tamari.
    Sriracha
    Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
    Peanut butter
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    zyxst wrote: »
    I forgot about chocolate. Is that natural? I know it's processed because I don't eat the bean.

Try the bean sometime, excellent.
    I've had nibs which were tasty, but in all honesty I'd rather eat chocolate.
  • cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I will keep it short! I just looked at all of the useful comments plus the tasteless humor (no pun intended) that some members felt the need to post. Recommendation: First take a complete inventory of your pantry. Below is a link to a free program to record your present inventory as well as the ability to create a shopping list to keep your inventory up to date. Once you know what you have then input your inventory into MFP and this will give you an idea if you want to keep the items based on calories, etc. Then use the free program to purchase items which will fit into your food plan. The link: http://tinyurl.com/n9l8prl If you have a problem with the tinyurl then use this url: https://www.ourgroceries.com/your-lists/
  • tomjinca
    tomjinca Posts: 23 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    popcorn for air-popping - great snack and great for you! Get a microwave air popper.