Which am I?

Options
I will be starting high school track and field soon so if I was sedentary before what would I be now? Practice are Mondays through Thursday lasting for 2 hours to 3 hours at most. I plan on doing sprinting but I'm not sure whether long distance might be better. Any suggestions? I want to maintain my wieght!!!

Replies

• JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    1.) you have to be older than 18 to use this site- so if you aren't I suggest SparkTeens

2.) you're a teenage- running track which means eat all the things. and then ask about weight training- because then you can learn to lift all the things.
  • healthyfitgirl24
    Options
    I am 18 right now I turn 19 in July. I'm eating around 1,600 calories a day when I do no exercise (sedentary). I'm just confused on whether adding a sport like track would move me up to lightly active or to active.
  • JoRocka
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Running track 4 days a week would be active-at the very least... assuming you're actually training (not saying that to be glib- but not all practice is made equal). I mean lightly active only really gets you 1-200 extra calories.

And you're going to need more than that daily if you're running hard - regularly.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Do you float in water? Like wood, or a goose, or small rocks?

Then you're a witch. BURN THE WITCH!
  • JoRocka
    Options
    she turned me into a NEWT!
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Got better of course
  • healthyfitgirl24
    Options
    What? Why are you calling me a witch? I'm very confused
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    It depends on how you want to track calories. If you want to track calories from workouts then leave it as sedentary and add in exercise calories on days you workout. If you're going to just have the same calorie requirements every day then probably active.

At any rate just pick one and see how it works after a couple of weeks. You can make adjustments. This isn't a one time selection and you can change it if needed. Just get started.
  • healthyfitgirl24
    Options
    Got better of course
    What are you talking about??? I'm very confused!!!
  • healthyfitgirl24
    Options
    I just want to know whether doing track four times a week would make me loghtly active or active.
  • peachyfuzzle
    peachyfuzzle Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Got better of course

They're quoting Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

My suggestion would be to start off small, and put it to lightly active. If after a month you're not getting where you want to be, or getting there too fast, put it to active.

• LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    Got better of course
    Those three posts were from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"... a movie that probably no 19 year has ever watched...lol... those of us who can quote from it expose our antiquity.
  • healthyfitgirl24
    healthyfitgirl24 Posts: 31
    edited December 2014
    Options
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    It depends on how you want to track calories. If you want to track calories from workouts then leave it as sedentary and add in exercise calories on days you workout. If you're going to just have the same calorie requirements every day the
    _Waffle_ wrote: »
    It depends on how you want to track calories. If you want to track calories from workouts then leave it as sedentary and add in exercise calories on days you workout. If you're going to just have the same calorie requirements every day then probably active.

At any rate just pick one and see how it works after a couple of weeks. You can make adjustments. This isn't a one time selection and you can change it if needed. Just get started.

Okay thank you!!! You're the only person that makes sense lol. I think I'm just going to change my lifestyle thing on MFP to active because highschool track runs for about 2 months and I don't want to track it everyday separately. Thanks!!!
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Got better of course

They're quoting Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

My suggestion would be to start off small, and put it to lightly active. If after a month you're not getting where you want to be, or getting there too fast, put it to active.
    Yes! A most excellent movie.

• LoneWolfRunner
    Options
    I just want to know whether doing track four times a week would make me loghtly active or active.
    Definitely active.
  • JoRocka
    Options
    Got better of course
    I'm so sorry- this just makes me feel old... and deeply saddened.

watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail instead of Frozen.
    It'll make you a faster runner too.
  • JoRocka
    edited December 2014
    Options

Okay thank you!!! You're the only person that makes sense lol. I think I'm just going to change my lifestyle thing on MFP to active because highschool track runs for about 2 months and I don't want to track it everyday separately. Thanks!!!

lol wut?

I answered your question long before we started quoting the Holy Graaaaaaaaiiiiiilllllllllllllll

I clearly made sense before we devolved.

• healthyfitgirl24
    Options
    I'm very sorry!!! I was just confused. Thanks for all your help :-)
  • healthyfitgirl24
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Got better of course
    I'm so sorry- this just makes me feel old... and deeply saddened.

watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail instead of Frozen.
    It'll make you a faster runner too.
    Hey, frozen is a good movie!!! But I will watch the movie and get back to you on whether I learnes something or not. Thanks :-)
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Honestly, the first time I watched it, I didn't quite get the appeal. Some of the guys in drama club insisted on the Holy Grail one. Took some time and watching it later on my own for me to appreciate it more and to finally make it all the way to the end.

Now? hehehe And I may have added some of the newt commentary into the novel I'm working on since my male mc is trying to find a witch. Fun times.

I should probably see Frozen some day just to see why it's so popular. hmmm