Which am I?

Options

Replies

• AmandaHugginkiss
    AmandaHugginkiss Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    And now for something completely different.

200 calories? So 1800 calories a day even on track days is maintenance? Wow, that makes me sad. I eat an extra 150 calories for every 30 minutes I run steady state. More for sprints.

I don't quote Monty Python.
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    Got better of course
    What are you talking about??? I'm very confused!!!
    I'm so sorry- this just makes me feel old... and deeply saddened.

watch Monty Python and the Holy Grail instead of Frozen.
    It'll make you a faster runner too.

My children watched Monty Python by the time they were 8 - they found it hilarious

This is your parents' fault - blame them for your lack of culture

But seriously watch Monty Python - tis funny

As for track - it depends how much activity you do within training - I'd say moderately active (I'd invest in a pedometer and track steps or an HRM and track accurate calorie burns)

You will definitely have to eat more than 1600 calories to fuel your training though
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    dbmata wrote: »
    Got better of course

Hey, frozen is a good movie!!! But I will watch the movie and get back to you on whether I learnes something or not. Thanks :-)

Is it? How would you rate it compared to say something like Wreck it Ralph or The Incredibles? Or is it firmly in the realm of Sleeping Beauty/Cinderella/Beauty and the Beast?

Frozen is absolutely worth watching, if only for the snowman - it's up there with The Incredibles, Wreck-it Ralph isn't in that ballpark .. but you really should watch The Lego Movie :grinning:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    200 calories! Is that all? That must be an incredibly easy routine then....
    Guess you rejected my point about exercise not being part of activity setting unless you are doing TDEE.

If you get bloated later, eat earlier. Don't eat "diet foods" (low fat, low sugar, low anything including taste!). If you aren't meeting your protein target have a protein shake. If you aren't meeting your fat target have some PB etc.

Keep a close eye on your weight and energy levels as 1800 seems really low to me.

• girlschmoopie
    girlschmoopie Posts: 140 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Joannah700 wrote: »
    But... while we quote many of the 90s movies. It's actually TV shows that we quote more.

Friends. Friends and Saved by the Bell.

I quote Real Genius but I get mostly blank stares at that one.

Good point about TV shows being more widely quotable in the 90's. Seinfeld is a another big part of pop culture.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    also, another highly quotable movie and from the 2000s no less: Super Troopers :sunglasses:

Yup. I was at a diner in Stowe, VT and there was a Trooper sitting down to breakfast. I asked him if he wanted to do a maple syrup chugging race. He just looked at me, said no. I then asked him if he gets ancy in his pantsy when he gets that maple syrup in him.

Stared hard at me for what seemed like 2 minutes then started laughing when he couldn't hold it anymore.
  • dbmata
    Options
    I'll also add, one tour de awesome that gets near constant quoting at home...

Talladega Nights.
  • sseqwnp
    sseqwnp Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Got better of course
    Those three posts were from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"... a movie that probably no 19 year has ever watched...lol... those of us who can quote from it expose our antiquity.

Well 2 of the 3 were, and one was a nice try.

• michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    also, another highly quotable movie and from the 2000s no less: Super Troopers :sunglasses:

Yup. I was at a diner in Stowe, VT and there was a Trooper sitting down to breakfast. I asked him if he wanted to do a maple syrup chugging race. He just looked at me, said no. I then asked him if he gets ancy in his pantsy when he gets that maple syrup in him.

Stared hard at me for what seemed like 2 minutes then started laughing when he couldn't hold it anymore.
    LOL that's the best thing i've heard yet this morning
  • dbmata
    Options
    sseqwnp wrote: »
    Got better of course
    Those three posts were from "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"... a movie that probably no 19 year has ever watched...lol... those of us who can quote from it expose our antiquity.

Well 2 of the 3 were, and one was a nice try.
    Right, Bruce.
  • AlisonH729
    AlisonH729 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    2.) you're a teenage- running track which means eat all the things. and then ask about weight training- because then you can learn to lift all the things.

God I miss those days.

It's indoor season right? We all did indoor to prepare for outdoor. Or other spring sports. If you plan on running outdoor just for fitness, yeah, have fun with that...
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Got better of course

Hey, frozen is a good movie!!! But I will watch the movie and get back to you on whether I learnes something or not. Thanks :-)

Is it? How would you rate it compared to say something like Wreck it Ralph or The Incredibles? Or is it firmly in the realm of Sleeping Beauty/Cinderella/Beauty and the Beast?

Frozen is absolutely worth watching, if only for the snowman - it's up there with The Incredibles, Wreck-it Ralph isn't in that ballpark .. but you really should watch The Lego Movie :grinning:

I call BS- that snowman is super creepy and adds absolutely nothing to the story- nothing- the entire story could have been written without him.

The trite and blatantly obvious- girl falls for bad guy- girl falls for good guy- it's insipid. It's like feminism NEVER happened. It's exhausting and insulting.

No way Frozen is any where close to the Incredible's- some truth- some reality. Enough to suspend the lives we know today- but not so much the story line isn't palatable.

This kind of sums it up
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zb5IH57SorQ

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I will be starting high school track and field soon so if I was sedentary before what would I be now? Practice are Mondays through Thursday lasting for 2 hours to 3 hours at most. I plan on doing sprinting but I'm not sure whether long distance might be better. Any suggestions? I want to maintain my wieght!!!

How are you 19 and starting high school track?

Check out sparkteens.com if you want to use a site meant for your age group.

a lot of the advice here is for fully matured adults, not kids.

• dbmata
    Options
    The trite and blatantly obvious- girl falls for bad guy- girl falls for good guy- it's insipid. It's like feminism NEVER happened. It's exhausting and insulting.
    Are there sparkly vampires?
    Emo werewolves?
  • JoRocka
    Options
    There might as well be LOL
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    This is one bizarre thread.
    dwuwfgtwy7b8.jpeg

• kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    Don't worry. I could be your mom and I had no idea what anyone was talking about. Good luck with track! Good for you for getting active.

Never seen Monty Python, Princess Bride or even any of the original Star Wars. :) Pulp Fiction, yes.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    rybo wrote: »
    This is one bizarre thread.

I like this one best.

• JoRocka
    Options
    Don't worry. I could be your mom and I had no idea what anyone was talking about. Good luck with track! Good for you for getting active.

Never seen Monty Python, Princess Bride or even any of the original Star Wars. :) Pulp Fiction, yes.

At the very least you should watch- mostly to get the jokes/references- they happen to frequently.

I use ROUS's from Princess Bride quiet a bit LOL. Most people it seems really really HATE that movie- or love it to bits.

My BF is one of the ones who doesn't get either Monty Python or Princess Bride- which I don't understand b/c he has such a dry sense of humor- but oh well. They aren't for everyone- but you should at least watch them for the knows!!!
  • dbmata
    Options
    Inconceivable.