Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Special teas(diet,detox,etc.)?

2»

Replies

• Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Is this a joke thread?

in for the fun
  • rebeccaisafish
    rebeccaisafish Posts: 87 Member
    I'm going to go against the grain (of the comments in this thread) and say I LOVE the your tea brand. They do lots of different teas, I've got 4 varieties in my cupboard right now! But I also love green tea, and have three or four different "flavoured" green teas too. Green tea and jasmine is the best!!

I DEFINITELY belief the right tea blends will have a great effect on your health, HOWEVER if you're drinking tea just to lose weight then you're doing it wrong! (unless its replacing a high calorie soda with a zero calorie tea! That's ok!)

Stay AWAY from those laxative teas (skinny me tea, bootea etc) as they will do you nothing but harm and you deserve better than that!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    Is this a joke thread?

in for the fun
    Could be. :smiley:
  • amcook4
    amcook4 Posts: 561 Member
    edited December 2014
    Most days I drink at least two big mugs of of tea, many times more than that, and of all types of loose leaf tea (white, green, black, oolong, dark, yellow). But I drink it because I like tea, it has no magic effect, and if it does, it doesn't make a big enough difference to be a reason to drink it. Back when I weighed 325 pounds I was drinking tea too, so again, it is a great beverage, just don' expect it to be magic, because it isn't. Actually I gained weight when I started drinking tea, but that was more correlation, not causation. And as I type this, I am sipping some lovely chocolate/peppermint black tea, mmm, delicious.

Edit to add, I have found that when I'm having stomach issues, some of the peppermint and ginger type teas help some. But other than that, nope.
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    edited December 2014
    I love tea and drink it regularly. I am not a fan of tisanes though but I have a couple like peppermint and ginger. The only tea or tisane that has positive effects (other than the general enjoyment of drinking it) is ginger. I have a packet of cracked, dried ginger that I steep when I am feeling a bit of nausea and it settles my stomach right down. It also seems to stoke the internal furnace a little because I feel warmer after drinking it, compared to other hot drinks. None of this helps or hurts weight loss.