1200 CALORIE PEOPLE

Options
124»

Replies

• arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Having the one normal meal and a couple of very low cal "meals" works better for me than having a bunch of small meals (the myth of the metabolism boost from frequent feedings was busted by science anyway).

EDIT - Another MFP heresy on my part is that I do not "eat back" calories. I run 10-15 miles a week.

You're exactly the same as me, and to be honest it must work for some of us. I've always had a small lunch (toast, cereal etc) and then a big dinner at night. It means if I go home for a weekend I don't have to say no to one of mums big family meals. And I always look forward to my big meal at the end of the night. I lose weight doing it too so it must work! I'll probably get shouted at on here for not having breakfast - but my digestive system doesn't usually wake up for a few hours in the morning, if I eat straight away I get ill. So I just wait til I'm hungry which is usually lunch time anyway!:P

Same! I have a medium sized breakfast and then usually snack until dinner time, which is "normal" sized (usually 5-700 calories), and then usually one snack after dinner.
  • Roll_Tide_Meg
    Roll_Tide_Meg Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Yesterday for me... hardly starving.

Breakfast Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    Jif Peanut Butter - Ex Crunchy Teaspoon Size, 1 tsp 32 0 3 1 22 0
    Morrisons - Seeded Granary Bread, 2 slice 200 0 4 0 0 0

232 0 7 1 22 0
    Lunch
    Fruit - Banana - Peeled, 100 g 89 24 0 1 1 3

89 24 0 1 1 3
    Dinner
    Homemade - Egg Fried Rice, 40 g 72 0 0 0 0 0
    Tesco - Eat Fresh Spinach, 40 g 12 1 0 1 40 1
    Fresh - Flat Mushroom, 65 g (1 mushroom) 8 0 0 1 0 1
    Tesco - Le Roule With Garlic & Herbs, 10 g 30 0 3 1 0 0
    Generic - Chicken Leg With Skin Cooked, 6 oz 348 0 18 44 130 0

470 1 21 47 170 2
    Snacks
    Fruit - Banana, 100 g 90 23 0 1 0 2
    Carte Dor - Vanilla Ice Cream , 50 g 105 14 5 2 40 0
    Generic - Individual Fresh Strawberries 100 g, 100 g 32 8 0 1 1 2
    Tesco - Blackberries, 50 g 13 3 0 0 0 2
    Tesco - Raspberries, 50 g 14 2 0 1 0 1

254 50 5 5 41 7

Totals 1,045 75 33 54 234 12
    Your Daily Goal 1,443 197 48 53 2,500 17
    Remaining 398 122 15 -1 2,266 5
    Calories Carbs Fat Protein Sodium Fiber
    *You've earned 153 extra calories from exercise today

Sorry if it goes all wrong

SMH! :( A banana for lunch...bless you child.

Child? Ok ill ignore that.

The reason i have mostly only a banana at lunch is because when im at work, i rarely get time to eat, i have one 15 min break, in that i have to go outside as im a smoker. You will see from my previous posts, im a care assistant, for some reason our company thinks that staff dont really need time out for a break as we can have a drink as and when we need to.
    I find having a banana fills me enough till after my work out after work, then i prepare my evening meal.

So again, what exactly is your point of highlighting that bit with a patronising comment, instead of saying 'hey i noticed you have a banana for your lunch here, how come?' or i dont know... maybe take a look back over a few more days and see that i quite often have a banana for my lunch. That way maybe someone like yourself might figure out theres a reason for that.

Sorry, realised i cant ignore the child comment... annoys the *kitten* out of me.

Oh an today was my day off, so i had some couscous..... again only 100g... omg kill me now.

It isn't just the banana...it is the fact you eat only 1200 calories...please do me a favor and look up how many calories it takes your brain and heart to function just from sleeping all day...you are on your feet all day and are constantly busy...bet you should eat more...You are a child...a child of MFP...you obviously haven't done your research...I was a child at one time too sorry to offend. :D
  • cherryd69
    cherryd69 Posts: 340
    Options
    I dont just eat 1200 calories, for godsake woman take a look at my profile, most days im hitting 1400+!

Why is 1290 so bad for someone who has 82lbs to lose? why is working at a deficit so bad..?

Iv read so many posts on here where people are groaning about 1200.... im doing fine on it.

I was eating 2000+ working out and being at work, it got me nowhere!

Do you think i just dropped them down for the sake of it? Without taking advice, without checking up on it?

What works for some dosnt work for all... have you not learned that yet?
  • TwinsRaGift
    TwinsRaGift Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Love the comment about the wine!!! Very good point! ha ha
  • shellane01
    shellane01 Posts: 13
    Options
    You have been given lots of great advice but what is most important to realize that what works for some does not work for all. When I first started I was not counting calories but carbs and sugars. Then I added calories to the mix., eating 1200 a day. Since February I have lost 44 lbs. Most of the time I dont have a problem with it the 1200. HOWEVER there a some days my brain tells me to eat more.
    One of my MFP friends suggested looking at my BMR which told me to eat more calories. I cant seem to wrap my head around eating more for fear I will gain the weight instead of loosing (if anyone can explain this to me, I would love to talk to you about it).
    Back to you though, my diary is open and would love to be friends. I try hard to limit my carbs to 125 grams a day and 15 grams a sugar. It is amazing how much you can eat and still be close to the 1200.
    I wish you luck!