All macros are special

Options

Replies

• usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    usmcmp wrote: »
    Sorry guys the coconut oil was added to the fish oil in my diet for pain management. Going keto was just a by product but I like it and is good to make up 80% of my macro. I could drink gallons of whole milk a day to get fats but using the coconut oil is better because it does not load me up with carbs like drinking that much milk.

I had 2 tablespoons of coconut oil at 4 pm yesterday and did not take any more until 8 am today and my joint and muscle pain was returning. If I get this about 5x over 24 hours life is less of a pain. :)

Coconut oil per some can be antibacterial, antiviral, antiprotozoal and kill the tons of parasites that can be prowling around in the gut causing IBS, etc perhaps.

Just the IBS leaving after fighting with it for 40 years means I will stick with coconut oil for a while longer even if it was not great at managing my joint and muscle pain.

Per some? Who? Got any science to back that up? You need bacteria in your digestive system. It's impossible to target the "bad" bacteria, so if they were killing everything in your intestines it would spell very bad news for your body and the absorption of many vital micronutrients.

You know, you may experience less joint and muscle pain if you increased carbs. The insulin spikes help muscle and joint recovery by signaling the muscle cell to increase exchange across the membrane (sort of like opening a door). This allows allow glucose, amino acids, and creatine to enter the muscles, which improves recovery. Tendons (the part of the joints where most joint pain comes from) need insulin even more since they have less blood flow to them than muscles.

Jonathan Bailor

He was featured on the Bulletproof Exec site. That says all I need to know about him.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys the coconut oil was added to the fish oil in my diet for pain management. Going keto was just a by product but I like it and is good to make up 80% of my macro. I could drink gallons of whole milk a day to get fats but using the coconut oil is better because it does not load me up with carbs like drinking that much milk.

I had 2 tablespoons of coconut oil at 4 pm yesterday and did not take any more until 8 am today and my joint and muscle pain was returning. If I get this about 5x over 24 hours life is less of a pain. :)

Coconut oil per some can be antibacterial, antiviral, antiprotozoal and kill the tons of parasites that can be prowling around in the gut causing IBS, etc perhaps.

Just the IBS leaving after fighting with it for 40 years means I will stick with coconut oil for a while longer even if it was not great at managing my joint and muscle pain.

Per some? Who? Got any science to back that up? You need bacteria in your digestive system. It's impossible to target the "bad" bacteria, so if they were killing everything in your intestines it would spell very bad news for your body and the absorption of many vital micronutrients.

You know, you may experience less joint and muscle pain if you increased carbs. The insulin spikes help muscle and joint recovery by signaling the muscle cell to increase exchange across the membrane (sort of like opening a door). This allows allow glucose, amino acids, and creatine to enter the muscles, which improves recovery. Tendons (the part of the joints where most joint pain comes from) need insulin even more since they have less blood flow to them than muscles.

Jonathan Bailor

He was featured on the Bulletproof Exec site. That says all I need to know about him.

What about Marks Daily Apple?
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    I like coconut oil. But I like actual food a whole lot better. If I'm gonna waste 1200 cals/day on oil, I'd better be eating another 6000 cals/day in real food.
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    they are all special lol. but i only particularly care about the protein consumption... as long as that hits a certain amount, the fat and carbs can fall where they may and I'm ok with that.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »
    I like coconut oil. But I like actual food a whole lot better. If I'm gonna waste 1200 cals/day on oil, I'd better be eating another 6000 cals/day in real food.

No kidding. I like coconut oil--although no more than olive oil or butter--but as a pleasant addition to/way to cook meat or veggies. Wasting calories on straight coconut oil seems super depressing.
  • usmcmp
    Options

Jonathan Bailor

Primal Blueprint. Again, overpriced garbage.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Jonathan Bailor

Dreamwrecker
  • usmcmp
    Options

Jonathan Bailor

Dreamwrecker

Come here. I'll hold you while you cry. Then we can go eat a balanced diet, lift and profit.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Jonathan Bailor

Dreamwrecker

Come here. I'll hold you while you cry. Then we can go eat a balanced diet, lift and profit.

o3bAY9S.jpg

That's bulletproof coffee FYI
  • usmcmp
    Options

Jonathan Bailor

Dreamwrecker

o3bAY9S.jpg

10424402_633611083389179_755699793_a.jpg
  • LolBroScience
    Options

Jonathan Bailor

Dreamwrecker

o3bAY9S.jpg

alan-aragorn.jpg
  • usmcmp
    Options

Jonathan Bailor

Dreamwrecker

o3bAY9S.jpg

alan-aragorn.jpg

Alan. Aragorn. Touche.
  • FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    wkwebby, my doctor told me to consider my diabetes "in remission".

Yes, diabetes can go into remission but it cannot be cured. Once you are diabetic, you are diabetic for life. So you aren't a "former type 2 diabetic."
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    I thought I was going to see unicorn gifs and you are special memes on here. Maybe I'll come back later.
  • civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    That Gale guy reminds me of a friendly conversation I had with a fellow patron at the local townie bar last summer. This guy informed me that he wouldn't get cancer because he was drinking Hydrogen Peroxide, the industrial stuff with a higher percentage of peroxide. Apparently, he believed the claim that drinking hydrogen peroxide raises your blood's PH balance which somehow is suppose to make it difficult for cancers to develop, and that "western" medicine was all about toxic chemicals.

My brain reeled at that. First of all, cancers are a spectrum disorder. There is no one magic cure-all. Second, it is damn near impossible to raise your blood PH. Third, he hates "toxic" western medicine yet drinks industrial strength hydro peroxide? Irony meter broke at that.

Lastly, the overall claim that raising your blood's PH defeats cancer? Where in the heck does that come from? Why should anyone believe that?
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    That Gale guy reminds me of a friendly conversation I had with a fellow patron at the local townie bar last summer. This guy informed me that he wouldn't get cancer because he was drinking Hydrogen Peroxide, the industrial stuff with a higher percentage of peroxide. Apparently, he believed the claim that drinking hydrogen peroxide raises your blood's PH balance which somehow is suppose to make it difficult for cancers to develop, and that "western" medicine was all about toxic chemicals.

My brain reeled at that. First of all, cancers are a spectrum disorder. There is no one magic cure-all. Second, it is damn near impossible to raise your blood PH. Third, he hates "toxic" western medicine yet drinks industrial strength hydro peroxide? Irony meter broke at that.

Lastly, the overall claim that raising your blood's PH defeats cancer? Where in the heck does that come from? Why should anyone believe that?

Just supports getting health info at the bar is about the same getting it off the web. :)

• civilizedworm
    civilizedworm Posts: 796 Member
    Options

Just supports getting health info at the bar is about the same getting it off the web. :)
    True.

Is the internet where you get your health advice, or are you like a Mike Adams disciple or something? Curious, because you were asked about some science supporting your claims.

Be interesting to read where you get your information.
  • usmcmp
    Options

There's a trend in the bodybuilding industry of drinking alkaline water (water with baking soda) to detox and fix our blood's pH. I don't get it. Do these people simply not understand that our bodies fight to keep our pH at a very specific number (7.35 - 7.45)? The reason the pH of our urine changes when you eat an acidic or basic diet is because your body is trying to keep a balance.
  • LolBroScience
    Options

True.

Is the internet where you get your health advice, or are you like a Mike Adams disciple or something? Curious, because you were asked about some science supporting your claims.

Be interesting to read where you get your information.

Jonathan Bailor