So you want to burn fat and build muscle?

Options
13»

Replies

• FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    hehe
  • Torontonius
    Torontonius Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Farid, I think you're over-thinking it.

As others have suggested, best thing to do is lift heavy, get a lot of protein (I like my macros at 40 protein, 30 carbs, 30 fat - I find that works well with my body, others mileage may vary), be in a calorie deficit most of the time.

I say "most of the time" because I'm getting great results (losing weight, gaining strength and looking much better on a weekly basis) by doing the above but also letting loose a bit on weekends - essentially cyclic overfeeding. I also really enjoy red wine, so I'm allowing myself to drink on Friday and Saturday nights and enjoy a meal out at a restaurant.

Remember: inch by inch, it's a cinch. Yard-by-yard, it's hard. Many people start a plan "hardcore" and end up giving it up after a few weeks because it sucked the enjoyment out of their lives.

Whatever you decide to do, it will probably work if you stick with it - I prefer to create conditions that will improve the likelihood I will stick with it.

• FaridPERU
    FaridPERU Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Farid, I think you're over-thinking it.

As others have suggested, best thing to do is lift heavy, get a lot of protein (I like my macros at 40 protein, 30 carbs, 30 fat - I find that works well with my body, others mileage may vary), be in a calorie deficit most of the time.

I say "most of the time" because I'm getting great results (losing weight, gaining strength and looking much better on a weekly basis) by doing the above but also letting loose a bit on weekends - essentially cyclic overfeeding. I also really enjoy red wine, so I'm allowing myself to drink on Friday and Saturday nights and enjoy a meal out at a restaurant.

Remember: inch by inch, it's a cinch. Yard-by-yard, it's hard. Many people start a plan "hardcore" and end up giving it up after a few weeks because it sucked the enjoyment out of their lives.

Whatever you decide to do, it will probably work if you stick with it - I prefer to create conditions that will improve the likelihood I will stick with it.

thank you very much friend, friendly way to respond, you are right
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    FaridPERU wrote: »
    its a good plan for burn fat!
    maybe a put a bad a title because you can gain muscle when you are in a calorie deficit

you can say it is a good plan to burn fat a thousand times and that will not make it true..

and again, you cannot gain muscle when in a deficit except under certain limited condition that have already been pointed out.