Join me for a round of C25K Starting 6/7/10

Options
Hey MFP tomorrow im going to be starting C25K, and was wondering if their was anyone out there wanting to start it with me? The program is 3 times a week for 9 weeks and it said its best to take a day off in between work outs so im going to try to do it Mon, Wed, Fri. If your interested let me know, i could always use the support.

Replies

• mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I was planning on starting tommorrow anyway and I am also going to aim to do mon, wed, fri.

I am actually going today to buy a treadmill so that if the weather is crappy (like it has been all year so far)I won't have to skip a workout.

I want to do the 5k breast cancer run/walk on oct 3rd in my city so that is my motivation.
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    I'll do it!! I've been doing the 30 day shred but I've been thinking about adding in the c25k. I just have to make sure I get up really early in the morning or it will be way too hot to run thanks to the extra humid Florida summer we're having down here.
  • jeniam
    jeniam Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm in! We have our annual RunFest on October 30. This year I'd like to do the 5k and who knows.... maybe next year I'll do the half-marathon! I will start tomorrow and also do the M-W-F schedule.
  • nanmosta1
    nanmosta1 Posts: 55
    Options
    c25k is amazing program. I literally was a couch potato and now am on week 7.Inches fell off me from this. good luck, you'll be awesome!
  • Aid_B
    Aid_B Posts: 427
    Options
    i'm starting W4 D1 next week, good luck to you all ! :o)
  • Rixis
    Rixis Posts: 2
    Options
    i've always been very self conscious about running, but was planning on starting tonight (running in the dark, woo), but i see the hardest bit as getting out of the door and starting

hope it works out for myself and everyone else :)
  • liscar67
    liscar67 Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm on day 6 and really liking it ..... using the treadmill though :)

GOOD LUCK to EVERYONE!
  • Paula_Addem
    Paula_Addem Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    What is C25K?
  • klstanle
    klstanle Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I got the iPhone app last week, it's awesome.
  • Rixis
    Rixis Posts: 2
    Options
    What is C25K?

http://www.c25k.com/c25k_metric.html

designed to get you from a couch potato to a 5k jogger in 2 month
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    Does anyone know if there is a blackberry app for the C25K so my phone would beep when I have to switch from walk/ run.
  • Eric_Geary
    Eric_Geary Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I got the iPhone app last week, it's awesome.
    I Just got the app too thats why im starting it. And thanks to everyone Who wants to start i guess we can check in here for feed back from each other and support.
  • HealthyKt78
    HealthyKt78 Posts: 439
    Options
    Well I of course didn't get up early enough to avoid the heat. I guess I'm just gonna be on a Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday schedule.
  • theresea1231
    theresea1231 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am in the last week of Get Runnings C25K program for the iPhone and let me tell you that it really works! On June 12, we will RUN our first 5K race thanks to C25K. The first couple of weeks were a huge struggle where I gasped for air just running in 60 sec increments but now I can actually run for 30 min at a time with a below 11 min pace average! Go for it and DON'T GIVE UP!!
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I love this program, I literally went from never running in my life to following this program and I ran my first half marathon in Oct. 2008. Life got in the way, so I haven't run consistently for about a year and would love to re-start the program.
  • Sweettart
    Sweettart Posts: 1,331 Member
    Options
    I am also in!!

I was going to start today but its supposed to rain wed and fri here so Im going to do Tues, Thurs, Sat this week. Or whenever its not raining!!

I have tried this program so many times and usually dont get past week 2. I HOPE this is the time I finish it!

There is a couple 5Ks I want to run in Oct. Who knows if I can do it maybe do a half marathon in Oct. Who knows!
  • ARJacobson
    ARJacobson Posts: 11
    Options
    I want to try this. I will join and see how it goes. I am going to do it on Mon, Wed, Fri.
  • mamagooskie
    Options
    I did my program today and it was really quite easy. I did a bit of a cool down too so I did 19 minutes of walking total and 6 minutes of running.

anyone else do it today?
  • Eric_Geary
    Eric_Geary Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Yea I did mine today it wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Looking forward to the rest of the program.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    I am on week 2 right now. hope to get this program completed as I am wanting to do a 5k this fall. go at your own pace and take your time. some folks have to do weeks over until they feel comfortable moving to the next level/week.....and that is OK! don't want anyone getting injured...so advance with caution. Good luck folks! you can do it! :smile: