Join me for a round of C25K Starting 6/7/10

Options
2»

Replies

• RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I still haven't gotten around to re-starting, but I am planning to start next Monday. I am currently also doing the 30DS, so I am hoping to fit them both in. Great job to everyone!
  • mapnerd2005
    mapnerd2005 Posts: 363
    Options
    I started this on Saturday. I'm on W1D3 today. Looking forward to it! During the week I run at the indoor track at the gym. On the weekends I run outside.
  • kelly_a
    kelly_a Posts: 2,010 Member
    Options
    hey all you soon to be 3 mile joggers/runners! how are ya doing with the program? I did W2D2 today. I had the speed a little too high during my jog, then I got a side stitch. UGH! was able to finish tho. def makes a difference on the quality of food I have eaten during the day as well. the sluggish feeling is hard to push thru that's for sure. have a great evenin'!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I did week 1 day 2 and found it a bit harder....but mostly since I was unprepared (forgot to tie my hair up and it's waist length so I got super hot, I wore the wrong runners and I exercized in pants not shorts) ugh...... I did finish though so yay for that.

next time I will be totally prepared!!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    I finished W2D3 yesterday. Getting a little stronger each time as my distance has improved. Will start W3 Monday. Good job everyone! Keep it up!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    hope you are all doing well on your C25K quest! I just finished W3D1!! the 3 minute jog went well...I was unsure how I would tolerate that part. I even added a minute of jogging at the end! Keep at it everyone....we can do this!
  • JPriceGA
    JPriceGA Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Does anyone know if there is a blackberry app for the C25K so my phone would beep when I have to switch from walk/ run.

I used a blackberry when I did it - just load these podcasts onto your blackberry and put them in the music folder. http://www.ullreys.com/robert/Podcasts/podcasts/podcasts.html
  • kelly_a
    Options
    how's everyone doing with C25K? hope you're having progress and doing well! I finished W3D2 yesterday. I added a 2 minute jog to the last 3 min walk. Going good so far. Today is my rest day, so I will finish W3 tomorrow.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I just did week 3 day 1 today and it was a fantastic workout. I found that today was easier than week 2.

Does anyone notice that even though they have only been doing this for a few weeks that their legs are getting totally more shapely/toned?? I am.......truly amazing!!
  • kelly_a
    Options
    just finished w4d2....whew! mamagooskie, yes, I have noticed my legs getting toner, more muscle definition. also, I have been keeping track of my b/p and resting heart rate. both have improved and are lower now, since I started doing this. the other day my heart rate was 48! and...when I am exercising I have noticed my heart rate drops fairly quickly back to my walking hr when I stop jogging....so I know my lung and heart function is improving as well!
  • dinos
    dinos Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I just completed W4D2 as well, without any particular problems. I'm Just being careful to distribute my energy over the intervals in a smart way, but I'm a long way from running effortlessly. I expect it to get easier as I advance with the c25k
    My favorite distraction that keeps me from checking out my chronometer all the time is to watch other runners because a. I'm not the only one struggling and b. I learn from the more advanced people that keep lapping me.