Can I go below 1200 calories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Kevalicious99
    Kevalicious99 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    Ok .. first, eat breakfast. Second .. you drink a lot of coffee and drink diet pepsi. You will be better off to cut that out as much as you can., especially the pop. Just watched about a lady that dumped the pop and lost 10 lbs in the first week .. nothing else. That **** is just plain bad for you, even though it has no calories. Which makes it ok on MFP. Rolls eyes here. Oh and how long have you been at this ? I think your logging is suspect .. buy a food scale. I very much doubt things being said, unless you sit on the couch and watch tv all day .. not likely. Time to step up to the plate .. don't know if you exercise, so the logging is suspect.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    OP you've mentioned a couple times that your stomach is your primary area you'd like to focus on. You can't spot reduce, but you may find this thread helpful, also the OP of this thread is a mother...

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach
  • fitmama0914
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    I've been doing bw workouts, and circuit training.

And I will consider my belly "fat" until I can no longer fit 3 fingers under it. And "toning" is building muscle/ losing fat....

Most people here avoid the term "toning" because it's so misleading and a lot of people use it without really understanding the process.

Right. You said it better than me, lol.

Seriously? I've said at least twice in this thread that I exercise. And yes. I wake up, feed my kids, drink my coffee, and sit on my couch all day, in between chasing my firecracker 18 month old, almost non stop. When my husband comes home, I escape to my workout and shower. Wake up, and repeat.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    I've been doing bw workouts, and circuit training.

And I will consider my belly "fat" until I can no longer fit 3 fingers under it. And "toning" is building muscle/ losing fat....

Most people here avoid the term "toning" because it's so misleading and a lot of people use it without really understanding the process.

Right. You said it better than me, lol.

Seriously? I've said at least twice in this thread that I exercise. And yes. I wake up, feed my kids, drink my coffee, and sit on my couch all day, in between chasing my firecracker 18 month old, almost non stop. When my husband comes home, I escape to my workout and shower. Wake up, and repeat.

Ignore that last post anyway about coffee, diet sodas, and whether or not you exercise. Even if you don't hit the gym, chasing a toddler burns a lot of calories.

• lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    Ok .. first, eat breakfast. Second .. you drink a lot of coffee and drink diet pepsi. You will be better off to cut that out as much as you can., especially the pop. Just watched about a lady that dumped the pop and lost 10 lbs in the first week .. nothing else. That **** is just plain bad for you, even though it has no calories. Which makes it ok on MFP. Rolls eyes here. Oh and how long have you been at this ? I think your logging is suspect .. buy a food scale. I very much doubt things being said, unless you sit on the couch and watch tv all day .. not likely. Time to step up to the plate .. don't know if you exercise, so the logging is suspect.

Breakfast is not required. "It's the most important meal of the day" is a fallacy.
    Plenty of people are successful without eating breakfast.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    If you don't have access to a gym find things around the house to lift. Do pushups until they are easy then have one of your kids sit on your back and do them. A couple gallon milk bottles filled with water or sand make great "dumbells".

So much this.
    People have mentioned "You are your own gym", there's also a bodyweight circuit from Nerdfitness that's great!
    Plus I bet you could hold your kid and do squats and bench press. He/she might enjoy it, feeling like they're flying lol
  • fitmama0914
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    If you don't have access to a gym find things around the house to lift. Do pushups until they are easy then have one of your kids sit on your back and do them. A couple gallon milk bottles filled with water or sand make great "dumbells".

So much this.
    People have mentioned "You are your own gym", there's also a bodyweight circuit from Nerdfitness that's great!
    Plus I bet you could hold your kid and do squats and bench press. He/she might enjoy it, feeling like they're flying lol

Yeah, I like nerd fitness and aworkoutroutine. It's where I got my current workout. I have a carrier too, I could put him on my back. ..or front.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Okay now that your diary is open, you've only been tracking for three weeks, you're 113 pounds and you want to lower calories?
    um
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Blogilates on youtube has killer ab routines. Put 30 minutes of them together and you will be feeling it the next day. Or you can go to her playlists and do the workout of the day (except for fridays), if you have the time. I've been moving my inches by doing 30 Day Shred. Beginner home weights aren't too expensive (and Christmas is just around the corner), about $1/lb at Walmart. You can get a 3 lb pair and a 5 lb pair and combine for 8 lbs before deciding to get a 10 lb pair, or more. Make sure you are getting enough good-quality protein to build muscle! Good luck :)
  • fitmama0914
    Options
    kyta32 wrote: »
    Blogilates on youtube has killer ab routines. Put 30 minutes of them together and you will be feeling it the next day. Or you can go to her playlists and do the workout of the day (except for fridays), if you have the time. I've been moving my inches by doing 30 Day Shred. Beginner home weights aren't too expensive (and Christmas is just around the corner), about $1/lb at Walmart. You can get a 3 lb pair and a 5 lb pair and combine for 8 lbs before deciding to get a 10 lb pair, or more. Make sure you are getting enough good-quality protein to build muscle! Good luck :)

Thanks. I do have 2 and 5lb dbs. I should have specified that I don't have access to heavy weights, lol. I have found YouTube especially helpful, and have been looking into blogilates. I did a YouTube workout the other day, but made the mistake of not stretching beyond what she did (not blogilates), and it was heavy on the obliques. The next day I did beginner yoga almost an hour, and a little bit later I realized something was wrong. The next day I went to the Dr and found out I managed to pull my oblique.
    I have 30ds, but can't get past her attitude lol
  • kyta32
    kyta32 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Once you know Jillian's moves, you can mute her, play your own music (like in another tab, try to find a simiar beat) and just follow the moves on screen. You can use your own music with a lot of online workouts ;) I find I have to make up my own stretch routine. Ouch - pulling obliques sounds really painful. I hope your Dr was able to help you with that. :(