35 pounds gone in 2 months

Options

Replies

• Budgirl2455
    Budgirl2455 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! That leaves my jaw on the floor. :o Way to work on getting better health. (*)
  • dsparsell
    Options
    Amazing! Thank you for inspiring a beginner!
  • daniellekarber
    daniellekarber Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job! Don't let the technical naysayers bother you. You have done a tremendous job. You are healthier. You look great, and I'll bet you feel better as well. You're stronger than you used to be. All positives.
    Have you decided to become a FIT member? I have been at Farrell's since June, and am loving it! I haven't lost nearly the weight you have (KUDOS by the way), but I am losing weight, and 3 pants sizes also. YAY!
    Enjoy your success!!
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Great job! Don't let the technical naysayers bother you. You have done a tremendous job. You are healthier. You look great, and I'll bet you feel better as well. You're stronger than you used to be. All positives.
    Have you decided to become a FIT member? I have been at Farrell's since June, and am loving it! I haven't lost nearly the weight you have (KUDOS by the way), but I am losing weight, and 3 pants sizes also. YAY!
    Enjoy your success!!

Thank you for the encouragement. I feel so healthy for the first time in a very long time.

I will become a FIT member after next Saturday. I can hardly believe my 10 weeks are up next weekend. It's been the most phenomenal journey I've ever been on and I am sad to see that phase end but I still have a long ways to go. Congrats to you for losing 3 pants sizes! Excellent!

• pholdermomof3
    pholdermomof3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Great job!
  • Tewmom1
    Tewmom1 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! You look fantastic! What an amazing transformation in 2 short months.
  • mandybear014
    mandybear014 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Very nice work and such a difference too! BTW, love your smile. Congratulations on the hard work! :smiley:
  • SingingSingleTracker
    SingingSingleTracker Posts: 1,866 Member
    Options
    That's cool that you don't believe me but it's true. I went from 287 in the before picture to 252 in the after picture. I still have another 75 pounds to lose. The results in the pictures come from working out hard 6 days a week and eating completely clean (single ingredient foods like chicken breast, egg whites, veggies, quinoa. I don't eat sugar, processed foods, added sauces, salty foods or unclean carbs and I drink only water and lots of it) 6 times a day with a perfect ratio of protein to carbs. It's working better than anything I've ever done before and that's why the fat is just melting off and I'm getting stronger ever week. Look up Farrell's extreme bodyshaping. My results are actually quite typical for members that follow the program to a T.

Congrats on your first 10 weeks of taking control!!!!!

Scooby has you covered - or at least presents one side of his version of the argument which applies to a beginner when he says....Especially for beginners, it is very easy to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time!

That being said, any muscle growth in the first 2 months would barely total 2.5 pounds in the best case scenario under appropriate conditions.

Keep on, keeping on with what you are doing and update us all through the months as your transformation continues which will include improved energy, and better health.
  • cmoorofum
    cmoorofum Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Great JOb!
  • swimmerjon07
    swimmerjon07 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am so happy for you, but I don't get how it came off so rapidly? Did you restrict your calories by alot? I had hoped to lose 50 pounds by May but I didn't think it was possibel. If I could do what you did, it's well within reach. Jonathan
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    Options
    WOW! I am so happy for you, but I don't get how it came off so rapidly? Did you restrict your calories by alot? I had hoped to lose 50 pounds by May but I didn't think it was possibel. If I could do what you did, it's well within reach. Jonathan

It's the very clean diet they have us eat. Small meals 6 times a day 6 days a week. Sundays are Fundays or a cheat day but I only had a cheat meal. I eat about 2000 calories a day and more on Sundays. The cardio days consist of HIITs so the calories burn off after we are done. It works really well. On Saturday when it's over I'm changing my diet to up my protein a lot and we've been adding in supplements slowly so my weight loss should slow now so I can focus on strength going forward.
  • tonedby46
    tonedby46 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Wow great job!!! You look great
    keep up the great job
  • Bellanique
    Bellanique Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, congrats on your success thus far!
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    Options
    _ronrob_ wrote: »
    OP, first off, I'm glad to see you faring so successfully. Before any discussion of the hows and whys of what you're doing and whether it is building muscle or not, you should know that you're doing a fantastic job. It obviously shows in the photos.

Second, you're also doing well in taking in and parsing information without overreacting. So often when someone new is successful, they have A LOT to say. It's natural to want to share how awesome they feel and what has worked for them. And while it's true that they've been successful, that's not the same thing as being an expert, being able to explain what's going on in your body and why it works. If more of our noobs could learn to share their enthusiasm and leave the explanation of process to those a bit further along, it would be a great thing. Most of us can't even get beyond the scale +/- to discussions of body fat levels and muscle content without somebody getting offended, so good job.

Lastly, pay attention to USMCMP. She knows her stuff, I promise.

So far, I love your activity level. I love your caloric intake being at a more reasonable level than most new users. The only caution I have is with the slight obsessive language regarding "clean" eating. Many here dislike the term for a solid variety of reasons, but I dislike it for the simple fact that someday, after the weight is gone, you'll go back to a more normal diet. In my experience, those who learn how to be successful eating things they don't normally eat will regress when they return to their usual food choices. I've had an acquaintance who lost 100+ pounds eating chicken breast, brown rice, and vegetables as the staples of her "diet". And she was enormously successful, she truly did amazing things. But the diet ended, she returned to her usual food choices, and she hadn't learned portion control along the way - she was still eating as much as she could, it was just better stuff. Part of why the chicken-rice-veggies thing works is because it fills you while being comparatively low calorie. You can still stuff yourself to the gills and lose weight. Somewhere along the way, we have to unlearn that stuffing thing, and come to grips with when to say when. The beautiful part is that once you can do that, you can do it with any food, clean or otherwise. The world wonderful world of food opens up to you, because you know how to stop.

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your kind words and friendliness :) I have no plans to return to my regular eating patterns from before this started. I know all too well what will happen if I do that. I weigh and measure everything that goes in my my mouth and have now for the past 10 weeks, 6 meals a day. It's a lifestyle at this point and I still have a ways to go. I am continuing with FXB for at least the next year as I've already signed on to be a fit member for a year so the diet will remain but I will up the calories and protein so I have more energy.

The clean eating is taking it's toll on week 10 simply because I'm burning off fat so fast I'm losing energy on their diet now at the end. We went over to Max Muscle yesterday to have a lengthy consultation to adjust everything going forward. I am no expert on nutrition and macros and supplements but I hope to be one day. It's all fascinating and I'm learning as fast as I can. This entire process has been like a science experiment and it's been fun to see the results.

I'm very pleased with the 10 week long program and what it has done for my husband and I. He's lost 25 pounds and I've lost 43 as of today. Bottom line is we regained our health...my husband had just been prescribed high blood pressure and cholesterol meds before we started and thankfully never ended up taking them because he knew diet and exercise would be a better choice. Both his blood pressure and cholesterol are perfect and for that we are grateful. I will continue to post my progress because after this weekend I'm starting phase 2. We are changing things up a lot so it will be fun to see how our bodies react to the new diet and additions. We are both very much looking forward to a very active and healthy 2015.
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    Options
    That's cool that you don't believe me but it's true. I went from 287 in the before picture to 252 in the after picture. I still have another 75 pounds to lose. The results in the pictures come from working out hard 6 days a week and eating completely clean (single ingredient foods like chicken breast, egg whites, veggies, quinoa. I don't eat sugar, processed foods, added sauces, salty foods or unclean carbs and I drink only water and lots of it) 6 times a day with a perfect ratio of protein to carbs. It's working better than anything I've ever done before and that's why the fat is just melting off and I'm getting stronger ever week. Look up Farrell's extreme bodyshaping. My results are actually quite typical for members that follow the program to a T.

Congrats on your first 10 weeks of taking control!!!!!

Scooby has you covered - or at least presents one side of his version of the argument which applies to a beginner when he says....Especially for beginners, it is very easy to lose fat and gain muscle at the same time!

That being said, any muscle growth in the first 2 months would barely total 2.5 pounds in the best case scenario under appropriate conditions.

Keep on, keeping on with what you are doing and update us all through the months as your transformation continues which will include improved energy, and better health.

Thank you for the article link! At least I know it's possible and I'm not totally crazy ;) I appreciate that.
  • Nahray
    Nahray Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    what is farrells
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    Options
    Nahray wrote: »
    what is farrells

http://www.extremebodyshaping.com
  • mariaoutlook
    Options
    pita7317 wrote: »
    Agree with others. Looks like 55 lbs lost. Great job !

Agree and it's amazing what she has achieve in only two months. Well done!

• mariaoutlook
    Options
    Great job! I would love to know how you consistently lose 4+lbs per week. Can you open your food diary?
    Great job! I would love to know how you consistently lose 4+lbs per week. Can you open your food diary?

I have it wide open to friends. You can friend request me :)

I'll send you a friend request if that's ok. Thanks.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!