Not loosing weight on 1200cal

Options

Replies

• FatFreeFrolicking
    FatFreeFrolicking Posts: 4,252 Member
    Options
    You're not losing weight because you don't have any weight to lose. You are already at the perfect weight for your height. If you don't like the way your body looks, start lifting.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    Start lifting weights. If you think you look pudgy it's probably because you've still got some fat while you've lost muscle. Lift and then start eating more a little more to build up muscle.
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    Because you are eating too little - it may seem like a contraindication, but it happens. Also, consult a physician regarding whether it is safe for you to reach your goal weight and maintain it

Nope.

OP you are probably eating more than you think (or eating 1200 and training and not fuelling your workout then binging? (Which would average out as more)). Track your food accurately and you should lose.

In saying that, you're not eating enough IMO, try a more conservative deficit and you should still lose, if you track accurately. Although I don't feel like you need to, just my opinion though.

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    oiy vey - does nobody get my tactic here??

No. I find honesty the best 'tactic' when offering advice to other adults.
  • WithWhatsLeft
    WithWhatsLeft Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Just reaffirming what others are telling you - you are at a healthy weight. Weight lifting will get you where you want to be. Pretty quickly, too.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Because you are eating too little - it may seem like a contraindication, but it happens.

No, it doesn't.

• estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think your not losing weight if the Miunt your eating an the amount your burning is the same. If your eating 1200 an burning 1200 well it's not going to change. 3,500 calories is 1 pound of fat. So it's based on how much you burn to equal a pound..To keep track of it an finding the easiest way to lose it is rope jumping or some call it jump roping. I use this site to track how many calories I burn based on the speed. Glamour is one my magazines I read an on their site they have a tracker for rope jumping/jump rope. Here is the link http://www.glamour.com/health-fitness/activity/calculators/jumping_rope
  • myheartsabattleground
    myheartsabattleground Posts: 2,040 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food ?
    Staying hydrated ?
    Sleeping well ?
  • AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at weight loss, and focus on body recomposition. Do this by eating just slightly under maintenance while lifting heavy weights. Reevaluate after 3-4 months of consistency.
  • grantwashere
    grantwashere Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    also, lose* not loose

also, contradiction* not contraindication

• estherdfoster
    estherdfoster Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    also, lose* not loose

I'm not sure if they misspelled the word or if they actually meant it but surprisingly "Contraindication" is an actual word. ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Shocking!-I've learned something new.
  • zSandman
    zSandman Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Stop looking at weight loss, and focus on body recomposition. Do this by eating just slightly under maintenance while lifting heavy weights. Reevaluate after 3-4 months of consistency.

This would work out well for you with a small deficit as your BMI is going to start to get close to the underweight class if you continue to cut.

How big is your deficit currently and what is your TDEE?

• ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Weightlifting is my advice as well. :) You're at the perfect weight and lifting will help you tighten everything up. Give it a try and if after 6 months it's not working (which would be surprising) come back and add that to the post. :) Good luck to you, just know you're beautiful the way you are as well, but of course it's your body and you have to live in it.
  • paperpudding
    paperpudding Posts: 9,087 Member
    Options
    also, lose* not loose

I'm not sure if they misspelled the word or if they actually meant it but surprisingly "Contraindication" is an actual word. ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶ Shocking!-I've learned something new.

Contraindication is certainly a word, basically means circumstances not to do something.

Eg contraindications for using x medication are pregnancy, cardiac failure, and diabetes.

But the poster in question meant contradiction.
  • harlequin0318
    harlequin0318 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    also, lose* not loose

Contraindication is certainly a word, basically means circumstances not to do something.

Eg contraindications for using x medication are pregnancy, cardiac failure, and diabetes.

But the poster in question meant contradiction.

Yes i did mean contradiction instead. I was in psych nurse mode after med pass
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Options
    I ate 5 calories and haven't lost weight. Should i be eating less?
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    I ate 5 calories and haven't lost weight. Should i be eating less?
    Sounds legit. Most people that don't understand a concept like to find extreme examples to support their position.......that way their head doesn't explode.

• WalkingAlong
    WalkingAlong Posts: 4,926 Member
    Options
    coleymfp wrote: »
    i still feel a little podgy i suppose
    The feeling is the problem, not your body. You're not a little podgy, so odds are you'd still feel that way at 105 without addressing the problem-- most likely body dysmorphia. Few of us see ourselves how we really are, though. That's why BMI is a good tool for defining a lower weight limit.

I think correcting others' grammar or spelling is against the forum rules?

• Thantanos
    Thantanos Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Because you are eating too little - it may seem like a contraindication, but it happens. Also, consult a physician regarding whether it is safe for you to reach your goal weight and maintain it

I would just like to point out that Starvation Mode is a myth and does not exist in reality. There is a ton of data proving this. If you are not getting the weight loss you desire it is simply because you are eating too many calories. Every diet comes down to caloric intake. Now everyone responds to food differently what works for one will not for another. Having said all of that you are about a billion times closer to your goal than I am to mine. I wish you the best of luck.
  • pander101
    pander101 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Body recomp, OP. Heavy weights will you out a lot, as mentioned by several other users.