What are your favorite things to buy at Trader Joe's?

Options
My area just got a TJs! :) I went and got the 12 grain crackers, apple cranberry jelly, and cookie butter. What are some *musts* that I should buy? Thanks!

Replies

• randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    Bacon Ends and Pieces, cookie butter, their gelato
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    nothing. trader joe's is overrated.
  • shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    whenever I do go there, I end up picking up fresh artichokes - they usually have the four for $2 something. which is generally the price I pay for one. Sure, they are on the smaller side, but it works for me... That seems to be constant... the rest, I can take or leave...
  • radiatingkayla
    radiatingkayla Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    whenever I do go there, I end up picking up fresh artichokes - they usually have the four for $2 something. which is generally the price I pay for one. Sure, they are on the smaller side, but it works for me... That seems to be constant... the rest, I can take or leave...

I noticed this with persimmons. at wegman's, persimmons are $2.50 each! but they were only 69 cents at TJs.....smaller, but still
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    Well, usually almond butter, but the last time is was really liquid. Other than that, I buy frozen food there - pretty reasonable. their produce is overpriced. I think they were good a few years ago, but their prices are pretty much the same as everyone else and the lines are idiotic.
  • brewinggirl_butskinnier
    Options
    broccolini
  • lisele03
    lisele03 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Well, I love my TJ’s! I get some specific things there on a regular basis:
    • 50% Less Salt Dry Roasted Almonds (my favorite snack)
    • TJ’s Low fat Cottage cheese - 1.5% milkfat (tastes much better than the standard grocery brands, IMO)
    • TJ’s Hummus (also tastier than most)
    • TJ’s unsalted Sardines in spring water (the only unsalted ones packed in water that I can find)
    And I often get flowers in the winter for $3.99 a bunch to brighten up my (or a friend;s) mood! Hope you enjoy....!
  • habit365
    habit365 Posts: 174
    Options
    I find their single serving nut mixes to be handy. Enjoy the bigger and more varied frozen seafood section than a lot of stores. Easy to make frozen meals in a bag (Orange Chicken, Teriyaki Chicken, etc.) that don't have a lot of junky ingredients. Their Tarte d' Alsace and Tarte Aux Champignons (like very thin pizzas but in the frozen app section) are quite tasty. Husband likes their bacon ends and pieces and entree salads and double gloucester cheese. I like the tiny angel food cake. :) The pumpkin bread mix is good. The produce is iffy in my area but if you are careful in the selection and eat it quickly there are bargains to be had.
  • PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Almond butter
    Hummus without tahini (lower in calories than regular hummus)
    In season... Brussels sprouts on the stalk... so much less expensive than anywhere else
    Coffee
    Gluten Free Oats
    Brown Rice Tortillas

Now, the stuff for my kids and husband?
    Vanilla and Raspberry yogurt
    Freeze Dried Blueberries
    Way More Chocolate Chip Cookies
    Maple and Brown Sugar Shredded Wheat Cereal (like mini-wheats)
    Rocket Crackers
    Fig Bars
    Blueberry Bars
    Kettle Chips
    French Vanilla Ice Cream
    Cashew Butter
  • Swiftlet66
    Swiftlet66 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Coconut cream
    Endives
    Almond butter
    Almond milk
    Corn salsa
    Frozen berry blend
    Artichokes
    Figs (seasonal)
    Brussels sprouts on a stalk (seasonal)
    Oh and that basil plant they offer during the warmer seasons. That thing fed me all summer. <3

• dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,951 Member
    Options
    two buck chuck
    their rum
    jo jos
    cowboy bark
    bing cherries covered in chocolate
    their frozen gnocchi
  • iamworthy14
    iamworthy14 Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    Chia seeds
    Almond butter
    Crushed garlic
  • fearlessleader104
    fearlessleader104 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Eggplant wrap
  • happyvalentinesday
    Options
    Cocnut oil . I use it on my hair and body
  • kitsteroo
    kitsteroo Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    The dozen frozen assorted macaroons. Sooooo good, and only about 150 calories for three. I find a treat helps me stay on track now and then and the macaroons are so small and easier to moderate than, say, keeping a whole cake around.
  • RhineDHP
    RhineDHP Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    COOKIE BUTTER.
  • VicLoveVic
    VicLoveVic Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin O's
  • loribethrice
    loribethrice Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin butter
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    Their dark chocolate!! :yum:
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I really like that they have lightly salted nuts. Their lightly salted cashews are delicious. I also like their frozen foods and their spice grinders. Very reasonably priced.