What are your favorite things to buy at Trader Joe's?

Options

Replies

• Diet_Soda
    Diet_Soda Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    They have an egg white salad that I really like. It is pricey, but still, a decent lunch when paired with a wrap that I buy at Aldi's. When I know I have a tough week coming up, I buy five of them and know that my lunch is taken care of.

I also like their boxed wine. ;)
  • yayamom3
    yayamom3 Posts: 939 Member
    Options
    They have the cheapest light coconut milk around! (I'm talking 99 cents/can compared to $2.50 and up everywhere else.) I use it for my chia seed pudding.

Also, their sour cream & onion corn puffs are delicious, and the serving size is gigantic! They are amazing when you want a crunchy/salty type snack.

My kids love their pumpkin cereal bars, but they only have them for a limited time.
  • Deborah105
    Deborah105 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Someone already mentioned their coffee which is delicious! I love all their dairy. My absolute favorite thing is their sprouted wheat breads. I have loaves in my large freezer all the time. Mmmm! I feel a sandwich calling to me now.
  • martyqueen52
    martyqueen52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Nothing. It's over priced, over crowded, and under staffed.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

Overpriced? Lol.
  • LeanButNotMean44
    LeanButNotMean44 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Diet_Soda wrote: »
    They have an egg white salad that I really like. It is pricey, but still, a decent lunch when paired with a wrap that I buy at Aldi's. When I know I have a tough week coming up, I buy five of them and know that my lunch is taken care of.

I also like their boxed wine. ;)

Their Spicy Ranchero egg white salad is delish!

I also buy: Soy Milk, FF cottage cheese, Lite Kettle Corn snack bags, Ak Mok crackers, corn salsa, feta cheese, "healthy style" Canadian bacon, honeycrisp apples (bag), and cage free eggs.

• labrennan
    labrennan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I like the stacked eggplant parmesan. There's some Chinese chicken soup dumplings that are really tasty, and low cal to boot. I hear that some of the frozen french pastries are really nice, but I've not tried them.

Some of the other meals are really tasty, but I don't like they come in servings of 2, when I'm only 1. Also the joe-joes - I didn't like them at all. The filling was too stiff, and the cookies had an odd aftertaste. The same complaint I have with most products containing soy, but I don't think these had soy in them at all. Ah well.

Anyway, best thing is to go, pick up a couple of things that look interesting and just give them a try.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    their gluten-free pumpkin pancake mix
    pumpkin butter
    winter root vegetables (cheap, cheap, cheap!)
    peanut butter and almond butter
    dried fruit (the mangoes and persimmons are the best)
    nuts
    chicken sausage
    gluten-free bread (cheaper than everywhere else)

I love TJ's! And love the suggestions of other things to try.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Cookie butter
    Frozen veggies
    Cheese - especially brie and blue cheese crumbles
    Kefir (strawberry only)
    Greek yogurt
    Flowers
    South African Smoke (which they stopped carrying... GAH!)
    Mini buns
    Mini pitas
    Gorgonzola gnocchi
    Ginger "cat" cookies
  • MKEgal
    MKEgal Posts: 3,250 Member
    Options
    My latest find at TJ's (which I don't frequent often because of the price) is their dark chocolate covered pretzel thins.

They also have a vanilla almond granola cereal that's really tasty, but is pretty calorific. :confused:
  • BarbieAS
    BarbieAS Posts: 1,414 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I regularly (like, not every single trip, but frequently) get:

-Nuts of all kinds, particularly chile lime cashews and spicy/sweet pecans - but, all of their nuts are tasty and well priced.
    -Many of their spices and their vanilla are wonderful and also well priced.
    -Cheese of all kinds, especially fresh mozzarella, sharp cheddar, and goat cheese logs
    -Applewood smoked bacon (or ends and pieces, depending on what I'm using it for)
    -Mandarin chicken (frozen)
    -Cereal bars for my kids
    -Milk (We barely drink milk at home so I don't see the need to spend the money/time tracking down good local organic stuff, but I at least like the rbgh-free kind for the kids and it's the same price as the generic at my regular store)
    -Bags of arugula, shredded cabbage and kale
    -"Inner Peas" pea crisps
    -Cinnamon graham crackers (they're, like, really dense, not like Honey Maid ones at all, and they're amazing, especially with flavored cream cheese)
    -Editing to add the Fiberfull granola bars that I saw the next person mentioned. I forgot - I always have a box in my desk drawer for emergency afternoon snacks!

And then I typically end up impulse buying one or two things each trip :smile: , just depending on what strikes my fancy. Sometimes I get overwhelmed with all of the crazy options, but I try to try something new whenever I can.

Also, I always hear people raving about their produce? I do get bagged greens occasionally, but other than that I've never been impressed with anything else I've gotten there. Maybe it's just my store? I don't know.
  • DarbiB
    DarbiB Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Agree with the two people saying their dark chocolate pretzel thins and the Inner Peas pea crisps. They're both amazing post-lunchtime snacks.

Also, I like their big bag of gluten-free oats (I have a quarter-cup of it mixed with PB2 for breakfast), and also their Fiberfull Granola bars.

I'm not a huge fan of the produce (Harris Teeter's is MUCH nicer), but I love their meats. Big fan of their chicken sausages and their Carne Asada.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,604 Member
    Options
    COOKIE BUTTER! But, to tell you the truth, I can't buy it anymore because I tend to just stick my spoon in....lick it off....stick it in again...lick it off again...and, before I know it, half the jar is gone and also gone unlogged. :)

Inner Peas
    No Salt Pistachios in the shell
    Unsweetened almond milk
    Unsweetened coconut milk
    Mini peanut butter cups
    Dark chocolate caramel wedges
    Beef taquitos
    The chocolate covered frozen banana bites
    Parisian cucumbers
    Uncured chicken dogs
    0% fage yogurt
    The saucy scallops and mushrooms thingy
    Individual bags of the light kettle corn
    Sunflower seed butter
  • RoseyDgirl
    RoseyDgirl Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    depends on if your new TJ will have a wine department... they carry some really good and very reasonable wines!

A wide assortment of chocolate covered nuts.

bags of frozen chicken breasts, so much cheaper than other stores' meat departments

decent cheese department... not quite as good as whole foods - but decent...

• PeachyCarol
    PeachyCarol Posts: 8,029 Member
    Options
    Cookie butter
    Frozen veggies
    Cheese - especially brie and blue cheese crumbles
    Kefir (strawberry only)
    Greek yogurt
    Flowers
    South African Smoke (which they stopped carrying... GAH!)
    Mini buns
    Mini pitas
    Gorgonzola gnocchi
    Ginger "cat" cookies

I am still mourning the loss of South African Smoke. It was terrific stuff.

• JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I buy a lot there. Nan flat bread, kale kale and more kale, goat milk and raw cheddar cheese (both the milk and that cheese are about four bucks). I get my coffee there for 4.99/can of good stuff, a bag of their avocados for 2.99. I even bought some TP there last night for 3.99/6 rolls :) I love Trader Joe's. The staff are super gay-friendly and quirky. Makes me super happy.
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    Everything!

They have great European foods to sate our transatlantic family needs

most liked:
    • Joe Joes (oreo-esque)
    • Cheese (Emmental and Pecorino)
    • Simple Taste Beer (That's the name..Yummy)
    • Inexpensive Table Wine (can't beat 2Buck Chuck)
    • Yogurt (Plain)
    • Frozen Croissants (thaw overnight and bake ...yum)
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Cookie Butter, nuts, unsalted Kerrygold butter (only place I can find the unsalted)
  • veganbettie
    veganbettie Posts: 701 Member
    Options

where are you from? there are tons of employees where I am and they are seriously the most pleasant people I've ever met, they all love their jobs.

Some of the stuff is pricey, but they really do have a ton of great deals.