What are your favorite things to buy at Trader Joe's?

Options
1235»

Replies

• lisalsd1
    lisalsd1 Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    It's a tie between the Habanero Lime Tortillas and the Pumpkin Butter.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    lisalsd1 wrote: »
    It's a tie between the Habanero Lime Tortillas and the Pumpkin Butter.

if you mix equal parts pumpkin butter and carolina gold bbq sauce and simmer the frozen meatballs in it, it is fabulous.
  • sexymonicat
    Options
    Coconut oil for my hair and body ")
  • jaimekbee1219
    jaimekbee1219 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I do my food shopping there weekly. It's less pricy than A&P and Stop & Shop (I'm in NJ) and has a better selection of organic foods. I have also found that the TJ brand of organic romaine lettuce is nicer than the Earthbound or Nature's Promise - it's fuller and doesn't go bad as fast. I prefer it to Whole Foods and Wegman's because it's less expensive and smaller - less chance of over buying. My husband and I are both in grad school so we're trying to keep costs down anywhere we can. I'm spending $60-80 less a week depending on what I need.

Things I love from there specifically? Their beef ravioli is really good and so is their three cheese jarred sauce - something I never thought I'd say about any jarred sauce. I like a lot of their treats... The chocolate coconut milk ice cream. It is creamy and does not taste like coconut! Their smores ice cream sandwiches... So good!!! Also I'm not allergic to their laundry detergent - always a plus!

I do have to agree with the complaints about parking and crowds, but that's specific to the location - at least in my experience. I will only shop at the one near my job because it's bigger and if I go as soon as I get out (3:15 - I work at a school), there are no crowds. However, I refuse to go to the one closest to where I leave because it is ALWAYS crowded. The parking lot sucks there too. I bought insulated shopping bags so that all my food survives my 45 minute commute home - that's how much I hate the TJs near me.