Is it better to (lifting and weight loss)

Options
2»

Replies

• TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    ERMERGHERD START NAOW!!!!!!!

I started when I had about 30 pounds left to lose. OH MY GOD why DID I WAIT??????????

After about 3 months of steady lifting, the pounds were dropping like flies.

it's a beautiful moment - when you switch from - 'i hate all of this and need to lose it' - to - 'I love myself and i wonder how strong i can be and what I am capable of.-

That's right about where I am now actually - hence wanting to get even stronger. I have really sexy calf muscles and awesome biceps, but they could get so much better with some serious work.

• TheVirgoddess
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Butrovich wrote: »
    Lift now. The muscle you build now will help burn more calories later.

She won't be building muscle. She will be aiding the body with muscle retention.

Yeah, I thought it took a reallllyyyy long time to build muscle? Or is that not accurate?
  • TheVirgoddess
    Options
    Butrovich wrote: »
    Lift now. The muscle you build now will help burn more calories later.

She won't be building muscle. She will be aiding the body with muscle retention.

Yeah, I thought it took a reallllyyyy long time to build muscle? Or is that not accurate?
    If you are obese, overtrained, new to lifting you can lose weight and have some minimal noob gains but we aren't talking so big number. You can still experience noob gains but being that you don't have much to lose you can't expect it to be much at all really. Then take into consideration that you are a female and if you were bulking and doing every single thing right, you'd be lucky to gain a lb a month of lean muscle. And that's with a surplus. Imagine how little muscle you'd gain in a deficit.

Okay, that makes sense. I appreciate it.