Getting Burned Out?

Options

Replies

• AskTracyAnnK28
    AskTracyAnnK28 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I also go to maintenance for a bit when I get burnt out. By the way, this isn't nearly as good as real hot chocolate, but I recently discovered that swiss miss makes a decent "diet" hot cocoa that is only 25 calories. If you look for it, they really lablel it "Diet" lol. I'm sure its chock full of chemicals, but for 25 calories for a hot cocoa, count me in!

I've had this!!! But...has a bit of a funny after-taste, right? Still though - I should pick some up so I can enjoy some when the kids are having the real stuff!

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    Options
    For a hot-chocolate fix, I use a teaspoon or so of good cocoa powder in hot water, and a few drops of toffee-flavoured stevia drops. Or sometimes I add a half a scoop of my chocolate protein powder to my coffee or just hot water (either needs to have cooled a little or it will curdle - you can add a little cold water or milk or wait) and mix it with a fork. It doesn't mix perfectly, but it tastes as good or better. You just have to swirl it around a bit as you get near the bottom. The first one is only about 7 calories, the second is 60 (more if you add a little milk).
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    I didn't have any aftertaste issues, but you know when you have the powder that floats as undissolved little blobs in your cup? The texture on those little blobs is kinda slimy in the diet version. Still 25 calories vs. 90 calories. 90 calories is like 15 minutes on the treadmill...
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I'm impressed nobody has jumped all over your case yet about eating so little! Usually these threads can be harsh. I used to be a 1200 cal a day girl too, that how I lost most of my weight but I learned that I also lost a lot of muscle losing so fast. Basically you absolutely should never eat less than your BMR. So instead of just eating more for a few weeks... Consider smoothly transitioning into losing your last few pounds slowly and then into maintenance? That's what I'm trying for my last 7 pounds and I've still lost steadily eating more!

I filed it under "I just can't even".

• AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    I'm impressed nobody has jumped all over your case yet about eating so little! Usually these threads can be harsh. I used to be a 1200 cal a day girl too, that how I lost most of my weight but I learned that I also lost a lot of muscle losing so fast. Basically you absolutely should never eat less than your BMR. So instead of just eating more for a few weeks... Consider smoothly transitioning into losing your last few pounds slowly and then into maintenance? That's what I'm trying for my last 7 pounds and I've still lost steadily eating more!

Me, too! I was ready for it!!!! But even IIFYM has me at 1290 for aggressive weight loss so I wasn't too far off at 1200. Plus I don't exercise. Like, ever. And I sit in a cube farm from 8:30am to 5:30pm 5 days a week so I'm pretty inactive.

• deksgrl
    Options

Me, too! I was ready for it!!!! But even IIFYM has me at 1290 for aggressive weight loss so I wasn't too far off at 1200. Plus I don't exercise. Like, ever. And I sit in a cube farm from 8:30am to 5:30pm 5 days a week so I'm pretty inactive.

But at 5'7" your BMR is more than that. And as you are closer to your goal weight, "aggressive" isn't the best method to get rid of those last pounds.

• AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »

But at 5'7" your BMR is more than that. And as you are closer to your goal weight, "aggressive" isn't the best method to get rid of those last pounds.

They'll come off. This isn't about having a hard time losing weight. This is about getting tired of the process.

I've been given some great ideas and am totally going to figure out what my maintenance calories are and stick with that until January 1st :)
  • LandyBreigh
    LandyBreigh Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    You CAN have it. It will not hurt you to have the things you want, in moderation, even if you are at your daily goal. It's not like you do it every day.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I feel like my last few pounds are "vanity pounds" because I doubt I'll look that much different after losing only 7 more ...

They're "punishment pounds" for being too lame to run in crappy weather like the People Who Are Better Than You do.

• deksgrl
    Options

They'll come off. This isn't about having a hard time losing weight. This is about getting tired of the process.

I've been given some great ideas and am totally going to figure out what my maintenance calories are and stick with that until January 1st :)

I'd suggest that you wouldn't be as tired of the process if you weren't at 1200 calories.

• cwlsr
    cwlsr Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I will keep it short! If you break your self imposed regimen, it is O. K to tell yourself It's Okay knowing full well that you are on a journey that hopefully will become a healthy life style. You are to be congratulated on your success up to this point. One suggestion if you want to walk there is always the mall when the weather is bad and the outdoors is not suitable.
  • AskTracyAnnK28
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I feel like my last few pounds are "vanity pounds" because I doubt I'll look that much different after losing only 7 more ...

They're "punishment pounds" for being too lame to run in crappy weather like the People Who Are Better Than You do.

I know!! I'm such a bad person! Shame on me! Lemme run tonight - in the dark, flooded streets in 40 mile an hour winds so I can be like the cool people :)

• AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

I'd suggest that you wouldn't be as tired of the process if you weren't at 1200 calories.

I know what you're trying to do here and it isn't going to work.

I lost 48 pounds. I started at 1400 calories a day and adjusted along the way.

I came here today because I'm honestly getting burned out and it's Christmas and I want to enjoy it. I was given great advice to go on maintenance for a few weeks, then pick back up after the holidays. I think this is a great idea and it's exactly what I'm going to do. So you picking a fight with me over my 1200 calories is kinda moot. Nice try though!!
  • deksgrl
    Options

I came here today because I'm honestly getting burned out and it's Christmas and I want to enjoy it. I was given great advice to go on maintenance for a few weeks, then pick back up after the holidays. I think this is a great idea and it's exactly what I'm going to do. So you picking a fight with me over my 1200 calories is kinda moot. Nice try though!!

How do you construe pointing out the obvious as trying to pick a fight? Whatever, I'm out. Enjoy your holiday.

• AskTracyAnnK28
    Options

How do you construe pointing out the obvious as trying to pick a fight? Whatever, I'm out. Enjoy your holiday.

Thanks!!! You too!!! :)

• sofaking6
    Options

I know!! I'm such a bad person! Shame on me! Lemme run tonight - in the dark, flooded streets in 40 mile an hour winds so I can be like the cool people :)

I'm probably destined to hit 1000 pounds since I moved to a place where the weather is always nice.

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    DPernet wrote: »
    Go for a walk and earn that treat :p

Clearly you don't live in the Northeast lololol

LMAO. I do. Took a walk today (Admittedly, I had to -- from the bus stop to my house)

Swear before God, it WAS uphill and in a snowstorm...
  • sofaking6
    Options

LMAO. I do. Took a walk today (Admittedly, I had to -- from the bus stop to my house)

If you say ONE WORD about wolves nipping at your heels...

• NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options

If you say ONE WORD about wolves nipping at your heels...

Naw, not today. Though my kids DID see one trick or treating once... Kinda freaked us out.
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    For tonight id just have the hot chocolate. You need to know when to push, but also when to be kind to yourself. Its hardly going to be anything and you have earned it. Id lend you some of my calories that I got from exercise. What cwlsr said really, please consider introducing some exercise, it gives you burnback calories and youd not have to impose such a severe deficit and have added flexibility. You would also get the health benefits that are far wider than losing weight.

What they all said about maintenance holiday till you get your mojo back or considering a less severe deficit.