sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Between 6 and 18 hours.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    ana3067 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I do not eat after 7:30 PM as I have digestive issues and it interferes with my sleep. The next morning I start with 2 large glasses of lemon water and will have either coffee or hot tea at work and then a couple of cups of homemade vegetable broth and fresh juices. I then eat my main meal around 11:00 AM which gives me energy for my afternoon workout. So, I go pretty long without actual food, but I do have nourishment and I don't get weak or hungry.

JW why the lemon water in the AM? Is it to benefit digestion? I think the few times I've tried it it helped me poop better lol.

For me it's just a taste preference. I haven't noticed any digestive benefits, but maybe there are some I just don't realize it since I drink all of my water with either lemon juice or fresh cucumber slices.
  • terar21
    terar21 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I don't fast. I just don't eat food while I'm sleeping.

+1

I mean, I'm sure I WOULD eat food while sleeping if I could. I've not yet learned how to master this skill.

You can make it happen if you really want to. My bf went through a period where he'd wake up with oreo crumbles all over him. He body willed him towards food at night. :wink:
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I general hold to 16:8 IF, but I am not overly strict. Sometimes its 14 hrs until I eat, sometimes its 17-18.
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    Options
    terar21 wrote: »
    I don't fast. I just don't eat food while I'm sleeping.

+1

I mean, I'm sure I WOULD eat food while sleeping if I could. I've not yet learned how to master this skill.

You can make it happen if you really want to. My bf went through a period where he'd wake up with oreo crumbles all over him. He body willed him towards food at night. :wink:

A feeding tube would also work.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    For the colder months (when it's getting dark outside really early) I like the 16:8 IF pattern and usually eat between 11 am and 7 pm. I switch it up a bit during the summer months when I am more active outside.
  • sullus
    sullus Posts: 2,839 Member
    Options
    10-36 hours, depending on which day it is.
  • Mischievous_Rascal
    Mischievous_Rascal Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    12-14
  • RunTimer
    RunTimer Posts: 9,137 Member
    Options
    11hrs

My NEZ (no eating zone) is 8P - 7A.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    6-7 hours, plus however long I sleep, so usually 14-15 hours.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    I usually don't eat anything for the first couple hours of the day, and then have something that keeps me filled until lunch. I seem to do better when I avoid letting myself get too hungry.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    8-12 hours. Depends on what time I have to be at work. Early, then I grab a banana or protein bar. Later, I usually wait until 9-9:30 to eat. And I usually have a snack/dessert about 9PM.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    16 to 20 hours.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    It varies. 7-10 hours. Sometimes I eat ridiculously late (I got home at 10:30 last night and ate around 11, although that's rare, more typically I eat between 9 and 10), and I have been eating breakfast around 5:30 am, since I leave early to work out and have started eating before. I've been thinking about trying to occasionally go to a 5:30 am exercise class, which would push breakfast earlier, although presumably I'd have to figure out how to eat/get to bed earlier in that case.

What this means is that it's quite possible for me to have a longer "fast" between lunch (around 12) and dinner in a particular day, although I sometimes have a yogurt or something around late afternoon if I know it's going to be one of those days.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I eat about every 18-24 hours.

yesterday afternoon at about 2 I had soup and this morning I had a chicken biscuit and some hashbrowns. Next time I eat will probably be eggs tomorrow morning.
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure most of these aren't considered "fasts". I usually eat dinner or a post workout snack between 6-8pm and eat breakfast between 6-8am. So really 10-12 hours of not eating. But then I'm sleeping about 8 of those. Pretty sure that is normal and not considered fasting. During the day I eat every 3 hours.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I think she's just playing off the derivation of the word "breakfast."
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    yoovie wrote: »
    I eat about every 18-24 hours.

yesterday afternoon at about 2 I had soup and this morning I had a chicken biscuit and some hashbrowns. Next time I eat will probably be eggs tomorrow morning.

How do you hit your calorie requirements eating so little?
  • Laurend224
    Laurend224 Posts: 1,748 Member
    Options
    18-20 hrs. Feeding time is between 12 pm and either 4 or 6 pm.