NSVs anyone??

Options

Replies

• coolraul07
    coolraul07 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Just has one a few minutes ago. I work a sedentary desk job in a skyscraper, but am only onsite 2 days/week. I stopped taking elevators 4 months ago and try to traverse a minimum of 1,500 stairs during a shift. I break it down into several sessions a day (bio break, get lunch, ice water, etc.), so my usual session is anywhere from 130 to 472 stairs.
    I did a 334 stairs session earlier today but left my FitBit One at my desk charging, so it wasn't recorded. I was so pissed, I "punished" myself by almost doubling my last session... I did exactly 900 stairs! That was far and away to most I've EVER done in a single session! To top it off, I wasn't wheezing or anything! Mind you, I had the forehead sweats and burning calves, but that felt like "victory" to me!
  • SaraBrown12
    SaraBrown12 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    I have had 2 recently. A friend asked me how many inches i had lost from my waist. I looked back n here to my starting figure and told her my before and after. I thought to myself... Hmm that's quite satisfying so i looked up all my records from my first inch entry and my current stats. I lumped them all together and got a real shock. In total since march 2011 till about 3-4 weeks ago i have lost 78 inches!!!!!!! But i know i have recently lost a few more i need to add to my running total.

Then i went into a charity shop to look for some new work trousers (i am still shrinking so no point in buying new) i picked up what i thought was a UK 12 as that's what i thought i was. Turns out the tag was wrong and the trousers were actually an 8!!! The next part is not a NSV but it added to what was already a great day. The cashier said Oh... these are half price! I love out like that!!

I actually get more of a boost from NSV then i do from watching LB's!!!
  • jdub224
    jdub224 Posts: 120
    Options
    My favorite is when people I haven't seen for a while look shocked and say "I didn't recognize you".

I think some of my NSV's are:

Running for 30 minutes without stopping.
    Being a "Large" with no X's
    Airplane seats/concert seats/having to adjust my car seat.
    towels, or should I say Towel.

Last weekend, going shirtless at the waterpark. That's probably been on hold since the 80's.
  • yoscarlino
    yoscarlino Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Went to buy a new pair of "goal" pants- size 12 white jeans. Was surprised when I tried them on and they fit!
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I've been "stuck" for several weeks now and feeling down on myself. However, this past week, I visited my office (I work from home in a different state) after a 3 month absence. "Tracy, you look good...you've been losing weight haven't you?"

Made me realize that I should remember to be proud of how far I've come on this road and not get mad about being stopped on the side of the road for a bit. I have AAA and I'll be cruising along again soon!! :flowerforyou:
  • LifeChanged2000
    LifeChanged2000 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    I have lost my multiple chins!! I used to make fun of myself because I had like three....and now I have a normal chin.

C9C11417-8B81-4AB7-BE6D-BCCE59D4B9C3-164-00000005032250C7_zpsd6a815f1.jpg
  • Lbf321
    Lbf321 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    My very last pair of pants are getting too big. And the button cheek thigh crease is gone! My 5 year old said "wow mom your back is skinny." And I wear size large and its loose.

BEST OF ALL...I took pictures of me and the kids and was not embarrassed.
  • mckellipgirl
    mckellipgirl Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I may have only lost 11 lbs in a year, but I started in a tight 18. This is me right now, in a 16.

photo2_zpsba83baf6.jpg

2b282559-49c4-4438-b1ad-7eb8ac51c5c5_zps277aac8d.jpg

I have a long way to go but it's good to see some progress.
  • HRLaurie614
    HRLaurie614 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    This one may sound strange.....

I had cataract surgery on Tuesday (2.5 weeks shy of my 45th bday). Several people took my vitals at different steps of the process throughout the day. 3 of them asked me if I was a runner (which I'm not...I do a lot of walking) b/c my resting heart rate was 53bpm.

Gotta take 'em how you get 'em.
  • skcardiog
    skcardiog Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    New personal best on rowing machine today .
  • Kestrel45
    Kestrel45 Posts: 133
    Options
    What does NSV mean again?

NSV= Non-Scale Victory

It means changes you notice in your life that don't necessarily refer to losing weight
  • moni_tb_192
    moni_tb_192 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I got a really nice compliment from one of my bosses today... She said something like "wow, you're looking great! You're my inspiration to get up and do something!" :laugh: and I fit into a pair of size 10 jeans pretty comfortably now :) a few weeks back, they were really tight! :happy:
  • gogojodee
    gogojodee Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    I had a couple but the best one was fitting into a size 2 (true size 4) perfectly today. I will be returning the size 2 shorts and getting a true 2 short in a brand I really want! Not in the slightest near goal but it's an NSV nonetheless!
  • truckdriverjeremy
    truckdriverjeremy Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I've had many over the last few years, but my favorite would have to be being able to shop at Old Navy! It seemed like i bought something new every week.
  • yelldan22
    yelldan22 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I was able to fit into my bridesmaids dress for my best friend's wedding. Two months ago I had about 3 inches to go to even get it close to zipping. Yesterday it zipped. Haven't lost much weight yet, but that dress fitting completely made my day.
  • mestacy010
    mestacy010 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    People telling me, hey have you lost weight, your looking good! :) yay!
  • mizzie1980
    mizzie1980 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I work at a chiropractic clinic, so have some patients who come in once every month/2 months/4 months, etc. I had two patients yesterday that said "You're losing weight!" (as a statement, not a question). One I hadn't seen since last fall, the other it had been about a month and a half. That felt pretty good.

Although I had to laugh to myself after the second one, right after her comment, and my big grin and reply of "Yes, I am. Thank you!" She asked "are you trying to?" Uh, no honey, I just woke up one morning 10 pounds lighter. Damnedest thing. I guess maybe she was worried I was sick, but my cheerful reply should have indicated it was something I was happy about. Gee, don't I wish I could lose weight without trying! (without something being wrong, of course)
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    new jeans are too big?!

some one saying that I always looked good and put together - when i was heavier and less happy i was a trainers jeans and t shirts girl so this was a really big thing for me!

looking in the mirror and not seeing the old me. finally seeing the new fit/ strong me and being happy looking in the mirror.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    I've been traveling in Chile for a week and had packed several sweaters, shirts, and pants.

This morning I tried on all the sweaters - and they're TOO BIG! Two of the shirts too. They just hang on me.

I may look lousy going out today, but I FEEL GREAT! These were my NEW 'skinny clothes'.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    new jeans are too big?!

some one saying that I always looked good and put together - when i was heavier and less happy i was a trainers jeans and t shirts girl so this was a really big thing for me!

looking in the mirror and not seeing the old me. finally seeing the new fit/ strong me and being happy looking in the mirror.

Bingo. I look in the mirror and see the old me that I remember.

I dress the way I used to and have to DRESS DOWN (like I used to when I was young) because I get too much (positive) attention.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!